Poll: Did Propecia work for you?

Ingo79

Hi,

just to give potential Propecia consumers and us an idea how good Propecia works, would you post very quick, what results you have experienced with propecia...

..maybe this has been done before, but anyway the more people post, the higher is the accuracy of this tiny study...

Thanks,

Ingo

• Moderators

Worked for me.

Started taking Proscar around 1997. Still taking it currently, but at lower dosage (every other day. Sometimes every 3 days)

I had very slow hair growth over the 10 year period which is much better than the rapid hair loss I was having prior to using it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Stopped my hairloss and regrow a bit.

No side effects

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Pretty sure it has halted loss in my crown and the areas directly below the crown, though I really have only experienced very minor hair loss in that region to begin with.

I still don't fully get why propecia (and rogaine) do jack for the frontal 1/3rd...so lame.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

propecia dont work for the crown? it does not stop hair fall for the crown???

I been taking for two weeks now, seen a rapid hair fall from frontal area crown. will this stop n bring new hairs?

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

Originally posted by hairdude83:

propecia dont work for the crown? it does not stop hair fall for the crown???

I been taking for two weeks now, seen a rapid hair fall from frontal area crown. will this stop n bring new hairs?

You have to stay on it, most of the hairs you may have lost were from shedding. They will return and hopefuly even stronger. Propecia can cause shedding at first, ironically, it means you may be a good responder.

Personally, I am not sure it has done very much for me, but I am 48 and should have been on it in my 20s. I may have missed the boat.

NoBuzz

I have had a bad experience with Propecia. It really hurt my sex drive/capability. Not to be gross here, but when I was using it I noticed my semen volume getting less and less over a month or so. Eventually I no longer had any semen at all during orgasm. This combined with seriously reduced sexual desires was the final straw. I am too young to lose my ability to have sex and have children. I didn't notice any difference in my hair, although I probably wasn't on it long enough. After I stopped using it, I was back to normal in less than a week.

• 2 weeks later...

ouch!!! It all sounded great until the third sentence. And you have remained on it for ten years? Either you have a very patient girlfriend/wife who is willing to undergo a long, rigirous "resurection" process with you or your sex life has suffered over the past decade. Care to comment? This frightens me...thank you for your honesty.

started on propicea since june 2006 ,switched to proscar in may 2007 due to the cost of proscar being cheaper ,the only side effect was a lower sperm count ,not a problem cause i don,t want any kids hahahah . Suffered no erection problems or sex drive issues .

below is June 2006 ,ignore the black and red hair dye hahaha i like to fuck around ,this doesn't cause hair loss ,that ,my friend is a myth

June06.jpg

This is in december 2006 ,note how the crowns are closing in.

Dec0712.jpg

This is may 2007 ,still closing in and condition of surrounding hair is alot better ,thicker .

DSC006801.jpg

This was the morning of my surgery ,november 2nd 2007 ,note how the crown has closed in ,not fully but the condition of my exsisting hair around the crowns is alot thicker than when i started .

51.jpg

The pics arnt great but certainly show an inprovement .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

hi all,it regrew a moderate amount on my crown,not enough for coverage though.dont know if it stopped hairloss as i was about as bald as i was going to get.semen is watery but no ed.hair seemed thinner on side of head but it may have been like this all along but i only noticed it because i was scrutinizing?body hair definatly got thinner.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

richie48,

man that looks really impressive. It is hard to tell as the first pic is so out of focus. Was the crown really THAT much balder before propecia as the pic suggests? Thats really good improvement if so...

this is a great post. I hope it goes on for 50 pages so we could have one comprehensive poll. I say keep bumping this thread instead of EVER making a new propecia poll. It would be nice to have all the responses in one place.

yer NGTGB

i,ve uploaded a clearer pic from june 06,with clearer definition ,hope that helps bud.

the first photo is not that great but i was as thin as it looks right across both my crowns ,more on the right crown with very little hair in the middle ( ),that sort of shape ,after taking propecea then swithing to proscar the area startd to close in and i had two smaller areas of thinning areas more like this ()()with a thin bridge of hair in-between ,hope that makes sence ,the rest of my hair got alot better in condition .

I've seen alot of good results on proscar or propecea and i did have some regrowth were i was completly bald however this was very fine , baby hair and wasn't worth calling hair really .I shaved my hair down when i started on meds and again 18 months later to a grade #2 after my HT and my whole scalp hair is noticable thicker now .

I would suggest anybody stressing about hairloss to try meds ,side effects are rare and reversable if you stop using them ,so you have nothing to lose and they is evidence that they do work .

I agree NGTGB this is an excelent and imformative thread and should be kept going .

June06.jpg51.jpg

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

richie48,

that is fantastic!!!! I have always kind of chalked propecia up for guys that just "believe" their hair loss has halted, but I never really saw pics like these before. thank you. your diagrams are great too: pre-propecia loss---() ' a sexy latina ass.....post-propecia loss----()()---a nice set of knockers. Wonderful...

are you thinking about getting this filled in (ht)---hey look that turned out to be the ht inside the ass!!!----filling it in-----anyway are you? You have a lot less are to cover now.

thank you for you substantive, rich, contribution...

NGTGB

i've had it filled in with 2100 grafts with Dr Feller in november ,here links to my threads have a look bud

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=154859

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152301

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=153057

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I have two questions given the link below:

(i) are DHT blockers known to make your eyes sink/bag? I had never heard of that before this guys blog.

(ii) from my reading on this forum and others most every one takes it as a matter of FACT that at the very minimal propecia will halt your hair loss. According to this guys blog he was on it for twelve years and was totally bald when he had his first transplant. It does not appear that it halted his loss in the slightest. Does it just not work at all on some people?

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=shuffle|gallery20.cfm

i don't know whether this can happen after twelve years on dht blockers or not ,he 's the longest i've ever heard of any guy been on them .

But to be fair the guy is 43 and it could just be his age .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007