Driving after a procedure

Did some searching on this but couldn't find anything. What I would like to know is if anyone has driven back home right after their surgery? I'm going to Dr. Feller this week who is in Long island and I will be driving from New Jersey. Its probably 30 miles each way. I could also take public transportation but would rather drive if I could.

Did some searching on this but couldn't find anything. What I would like to know is if anyone has driven back home right after their surgery? I'm going to Dr. Feller this week who is in Long island and I will be driving from New Jersey. Its probably 30 miles each way. I could also take public transportation but would rather drive if I could.

I drove from Vacouver to Seattle airport the day after surgery(about 150 miles) with no problems at all. Then spent the rest of the day flying back to NY with two stopovers with no problems.

HI, IF YOU REFUSE THE DURING SURGERY MEDICATIONS TO RELAX YOU, WHICH I NEVER TAKE, YOU CAN DRIVE HOME AFTER SURGERY, I HAD MANY SESSIONS AND DROVE HOME AFTER ALL OF THEM.

Thanks for the response guys..I dont think I'm going to refuse any relaxation medications for the surgery! lol...The first procedure I had my girlfriend drove me back but I'm having trouble remembering how I felt afterwards, that was a few years ago. If I had to guess I would say I was OK to drive.

I drove home directly after both my surgeries, which is a 2 1/2 hr trip with no problems at all. The first trip was a little rough just because I didn't know what to expect, but since this is your second it will be easier --just like everything else. With the second, I haven't worried at all, haven't looked in the mirror much, or asked any questions from you guys because I've already experienced it all. You'll be fine. Just like someone had all ready said, the valium wears off by the end of the procedure anyway.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'