flaking scalp

I was wondering what might help releive the dandruf and flaky scalp condition that I have after this hairtransplant my scalp is very dry and itchy since the procedure.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I was wondering what might help releive the dandruf and flaky scalp condition that I have after this hairtransplant my scalp is very dry and itchy since the procedure.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I had this concern prior to having my transplant last week because in the past I have had times where I would have a dry itchy scalp. The best thing for me in the past was Neutrogena T-gel shampoo. However, that made my hair too dry. Neutrogena has a milder shampoo called Neutrogena Healthy Scalp anti dandruff shampoo. Works great. Dr. Shapiro told me that it is fine to use except for the first 10 days after transplant. Good luck!

MaHair, I am about 6 weeks post-op from 2000 graphs with Dr. Shapiro. At about 14 days I started getting a really flaky scalp. The flakes were larger than dandruff, it resembled more of a sunburn-peel. The flakes were most likely from use of the post-surgical biotin spray. I spoke with a Tech from Shapiro's office and she said she has had other patients complain about the same issue. She said she will recommend to Dr. Shapiro to switch back to the "Graphcyte" spray. She said they never received complaints from that.

The falkes will last about 3 weeks, however, gradually decreasing in volume throughout that time. Use a quality anti-dandruff shampoo and massage thouroughly into the scalp. It'll take care of it in no-time.

Mahair,

My doctor (True) gave instructions to use "Head & Shoulders for Oily Hair" as part of my post-op care. Even though I tend to side more on dry hair, I followed his instructions and didn't have an issue. I continued to use up the whole bottle for months afterwards since it is mild enough to use everyday. It worked fine and I plan to do the same thing for my second transplant. I don't know if you have let your scalp get over exposed to the sun/UV or not, but that would definitely be something to avoid!

You need to be patient during your healing and regrowth phase until you see your final result. Getting all worked up and fretting before then will acomplish nothing positive. Once a good 9 months has gone by, evaluate what needs to be done to improve your appearance, form a plan, and carry it out. I wouldn't get a second repair-type transplant before 15 months personally. I hope things get progressively better and better for you. Peace.

GratefulHead

• 2 weeks later...