BAD hair transplant doctors

pdm68

You know we see the lists of GOOD hair tranplant doctors --why can't we see a list of bad hair transplant doctors ??? Are people or web site operators afraid of possible lawsuits ???? I know for me ..after reading for many years on the subject that I had a bad hair transplant doctor.I used him in 1992 when I was 24 years old.NOW I know that is an unethical doctor because no ethical doctor would have operated on me at that age.The work he did was ok work ( according to a doctor listed on this site ) BUT why would the guy operate on a 24 year old? Besides GREED !!! Anyway,i'm 33 now and I need more work done.I'm searching and searching ...the only difference it seems to me is the distance traveled to the doctor and the PRICE.Why can't we get a list of LESS than reputable doctors beside Bosley?

Oh by the way the guy who did my work was Ivan Cohen in Fairfield Connecticut icon_rolleyes.gif

You know we see the lists of GOOD hair tranplant doctors --why can't we see a list of bad hair transplant doctors ??? Are people or web site operators afraid of possible lawsuits ???? I know for me ..after reading for many years on the subject that I had a bad hair transplant doctor.I used him in 1992 when I was 24 years old.NOW I know that is an unethical doctor because no ethical doctor would have operated on me at that age.The work he did was ok work ( according to a doctor listed on this site ) BUT why would the guy operate on a 24 year old? Besides GREED !!! Anyway,i'm 33 now and I need more work done.I'm searching and searching ...the only difference it seems to me is the distance traveled to the doctor and the PRICE.Why can't we get a list of LESS than reputable doctors beside Bosley?

Oh by the way the guy who did my work was Ivan Cohen in Fairfield Connecticut icon_rolleyes.gif

• Administrators

Welcome to the discussion group. I?‚??m sorry you had a previous disappointing surgical experience.

You sound like you have some real first hand experiences to contribute. I look forward to your future posts. I hope you end up getting the results you want.

To compile a list of all the surgeons doing mediocre hair transplant work or worse on the side would be a huge task. And it would leave less time for finding and researching those doing great work.

This discussion group is not censored. And I welcome fair and detailed posts about both the good and the bad on this site. People written about are always welcome to post replies in order to set the record straight.

But there is always a danger with anonymous posts that some one may write negative comments about others and not divulge their hidden agenda or identity (ie they are a competitor, the personally dislike a surgeon . . . etc.) But such "ringers" normally give themselves away because they often don?‚??t ring true.

The beauty of the Internet is that we don?‚??t have to be just consumers of carefully crafted messages like on TV, the newspapers, etc.

Everyones feet, including me and all surgeons, can be held to the fire and made accountable for their ACTUAL actions. It is not always a pleasant process. But neither is democracy.

The discussion group, in my opinion is probably the best feature of this site.

I would like to see more DETAILED posts about surgical experiences, the good and the bad. And naming names is fine by me.

Thanks for your post.

Pat - Publisher

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

PDM68, can you tell me a little more about your story? I'm about to turn 25 in a few months and am considering transplants down the road as an option. How much hair had you lost at 24? Were you taking anything to help slow your hair loss? How long do you think you should have waited?

J25:

At 23 or 24 ( I forgot how old I was ) I was a 3A.I had the surgery which looked ok at the time BUT like everyone says once you start one you are in for MORE.I didn't look down the line in years.I am now 33 and I classify myself as a 5A.I am now looking at the prospects of getting a procedure done in the next 6 months.I have sent my pictures to many of the top surgeons on this site and other sites for evaluation.Now,it's just a money thing.

If I were you I tried propecia BUT I can't see myself taking or remembering to take a pill every day for the rest of my life (Unless it was a life threatening illness)

I would hold off on the surgery and wait untill your 30 or so.Shave your head for a while down low so at least you'll be in style and save some money for some transplants. icon_smile.gif

• 2 months later...

Attention, My experience should be shared with everyone considering a transplant. It is scattered through this discussion area, so in a nutshell. Do not go to Advanced Hair Restoration in sarasota & naples fl. My donor site has sharp stabbing pains to remind me of the grave mistake I made.

• Administrators

GNX,

You make the best compelling arguement I know of for making registration a requirement for posting on this site. When I read your posts I feel like I'm a negligent gardner who is letting the weeds take over the garden.

Your comments are consistantly ill informed, loud, and often rude. Frankly, as other posters have pointed out, this group would be better off without you and your misinformation.

I've tried to be tolerant and have yet to delete any posts on this group but this freedom has been abused far too much.

In the near future I will revamp this group so that the weeds are no longer choking the garden to death.

Pat - very likely to soon be an Active moderater.

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.