MEDICAL HAIR RESTORATION

Moris

When I complained with MHR that my results were not what I had been promised, they told me that I should schedule some additional surgeries.
Typical response when the clinic has failed to deliver: they say the solution is that you should spend even more money.

In my opinion, MHR is the worst of all the big "McTransplant" franchises, and what is truly disturbing is that they seem to be expanding.

In my opinion, MHR is the worst of all the big "McTransplant" franchises, and what is truly disturbing is that they seem to be expanding.

I agree that the MHR marketing techniques aren't very ethical, which blows it for some of the decent MHR doctors out there. I was lucky to get, what I feel, to be a decent MHR doctor (at least from what I'm seeing from the two HT's I've received from them).

It really annoys me that some marketing putz or a group of them (most likely with a full head's of hair) come up with these asinine advertising campaigns. It reminds me of these corporate executives that have no idea what goes on in the trenches but feel they can make decisions for the ones in the trenches.

Yea , My doctor was part of the fraud bigtime. He way oversold the surgery and promised great results.He butchered my head beyond repair. The funny thing is my hair wasn't that bad. Even the technitian said I didn't need a transplant. Perhaps I should have gone to Mc Donalds.MHR SUCKS. I will get payback Quackdalin. If I were you Id run back to Greece.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

• 11 months later...

Moris, I agree that everyone should stay away from MHR. However, the picture you are displaying of your strip scar is actually not that bad. I expected to see something horrible. Except for that small vertical scar above your strip, your strip scar is pretty normal looking.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Most people on this site are going to agree with you. MHR is a marketing genius that doesn't follow thru with the promises that they make.

Morris I'm truly sorry for you not being happy with your decision but I would like to understand things a bit more:

1. Are you upset about the scar?

2. Is it the quality of the scar or did they not inform you that you would have one?

3. What did the actual transplant look like? Do you have photos of hairline?

4. Did the hairs grow?

We do sympathize with your situation but would like to understand things a little bit better. Thanks.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I do feel for you, but the picture of your scare is quite normal. It looks to be in the 2mm range which is pretty standard without a tricho closure, and also, you are completely shaved down which shows it more.

I am guessing that maybe you didnt get this information. Also, maybe your concern is that density in the balding pattern didn't live up to expecations and you shaved down to find a scar?

This is all speculative though on my part. Best of luck.

Hello Morris,

Thank yo ufor sharing your experience with us and being moer detailed. I agree that MHR is known to promise the world and under-deliver. I can't tell if you are posting simply to share your bad experience or if you would also like help.

If you do want help, but if you want help, I'd suggest you answer the following questions:

Do you have any pictures of the recipient area that you can post for us? I don't believe you answered this already...but how old are you? What is your level of hairloss? Did any of the grafts that were transplanted grow? Where are you on the Norwood scale? What is your family history of hairloss on both sides? I'm sure if you take the time to research, save your money, and select a top coalition doctor, you will be happier than you are now. Keep in mind, however, that that won't change the fact that you have a scar...but if you wear your hair longer, the scar won't be noticeable.

Bill

P.S. Since you already have a scar, I'd suggest if you are considering additional surgeries, to continue getting strips since you can maximize your graft count.

Moris, From the pic you provided, I can't detect a problem. If you had MHR add grafts to the front hair line, it looks good from what I can see. Perhaps, there is a different appearance to your scalp when the hair is grown out. I honestly can't see much of a problem unless you show us a pic to that effect. As far as the strip scar goes, you have an option of letting the hair in the donor area grow long enough to completely cover the scar.

If you were not informed about the fact that you'd be left with a linear scar on the back of your head, I'm sorry for that. I could offer my two cents on that issue but you are upset enough and I don't want to add to that.

Members of this forum are here to provide execellent advice on all aspects of hair transplants and it comes directly from personal experiences both positive and negative. We can help you through this if you let us. All is truly not lost. Remain positive, carefully weigh all of you options and seek every bit of advice this forum has to offer. Remeber, hair loss is currently a progressive disorder with no cure but we're all working on it together.

Moris,

I'm perplexed as to why you had to quit your job? From your pics, I agree with others that your donor scar looks pretty normal. And, I do not see from the shaved recipient area where you had the grafts put in. It sounds like there were miscommunications as to the expectations and results of your transplant. Right now, it's hard to determine where your hard feelings come from except for the misleading info on what you needed for the number of grafts. I hope you are able to get back on your feet and not let MHR ruin your life. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Moris,

It sounds like they were unrealistic with you as to what to expect...unfortunately, many clinics (including MHR) are famous for that. From a surgical standpoint, that scar looks normal and though your head is shaved and I can't really see what it looks like grown out, nothing looks too obvious or terrible. I don't know if this gives you any comfort...but it could have been a whole lot worse.

Bill

As much as I'd love to jump on the MHR-bashing bandwagon, from the pictures provided it doesn't look like the surgery itself has gone badly.

If anyting, it's as others have said - your expectations weren't managed realistically, and the clinic did not inform you thoroughly. As much as I hate to say this, you're may partly be to blame as you may not have done all the research & due diligence you could. It sounds like doctor skill was lacking in your surgery and as a result, you ended up with permanent shock loss; that was something they should have warned ya about and was also something you could've dug up on your own before going in.

In the end, though, I agree. MHR is at fault. They should have the decency to tell prospective patients what to *realistically* expect and let them make an informed decision rather than promise the impossible and then merely deliver the possible, without any great skill to boot.