Using Rogaine/Propecia after surgery

Will the continued use of rogaine/propecia affect the growing time of new transplanted hair follicles?. I know for about a month after the surgery, the surgeon said not to use anything with alcohol in it (i.e.: rogaine, hair spray, etc.)

How soon can you use these products again and will they have an effect on the length of time it will take for the new transplanted hair to begin to grow?

Thanks.

Will the continued use of rogaine/propecia affect the growing time of new transplanted hair follicles?. I know for about a month after the surgery, the surgeon said not to use anything with alcohol in it (i.e.: rogaine, hair spray, etc.)

How soon can you use these products again and will they have an effect on the length of time it will take for the new transplanted hair to begin to grow?

Thanks.

• 19 years later...

This was asked 19 years ago. Harry may have some kids now this will help too. lol 

@Melvin-Moderator such a shame this classic forum handle - @Harry was only used for one day to make a few posts and nobody will ever be able to use it again. Bet there's some other good ones collecting dust. Would be nice if there was a way to re-add them back into the available pool of names by giving the deserted accounts some other naming convention like 'hairlossguy_1, 2,3 . Maybe a policy where if you never posted your hair transplant results (because we want those people to come back and give updates years later of course), and you made less than 5 posts, and you haven't logged on in like 10,15 or 20 years. :D

Edited by ciaus
  • Haha 2