I too have gone through this process.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 2/7/01

Time: 7:44:20 AM

Remote Name: 152.163.207.51

Comments

Hello there all. First of all, your results pat fom the photos are masterful. They are truly magnificant. I toohave gone through this process. For 6 years now. Have had work done at the NEW hair Institute with William Rassman (2 procedures) & one of his associates (Dr. Mclellan). I have to say that in terms of science and technicial proficency, there is no doubt, they have reached a zenith. however, in terms of artistry, and creating a truly undetectable hairline like yours, this is not the case at NHI. It is interesting that Dr. Shapiro worked for Dr. Rassman originally. I must say that his artistry is his own talent, like a painter. The science is only 1/2 the equation here. The artistry is the other half. It is rare to find both. Rassman trained Dr. Shapiro in the science & technique, but Dr., Shapiro's work does not have the NHI signature look. In terms of hairline creation: I have undergone extensive electrolysis to make my hairline more natural. It seems that even if they graft 1 hair units, some are in a dormant phase, and in up growing in 2's at the edge of the front hairline even. This is unavoidable since all hair goes through dormancy phases. therefore, we all will always get some degree of 2's in the front edge of the anterior hairline. I have gone through electrolysis to change these 2's into 1's. Also, I have brought in a painter to take hairs out along the hairline to create a more uneven/erratic hairline. Creating small canals of emptiness (like in a real life hairlines). It seems that my doctors love creating dense zones with no spaces or gaps which is essentail to a natural hairline. However, Pat it seems as though all these ideas which i have cultivated and developed through my experiences, has already been perfected on your work. From the looks of it, you have it going on. however, just a few questions. 1) I notices that the best work is with guys who have tuffs of already existing in hair in the anterior edge of the hairline. it looks like you have some in the front middle. This really adds wispiness and nauturalness. most guys who dont have that, it seems dont come out as good (even Shapiro's work) 2) Your hair look lighter in the photo with Dr. Shapiro. Did you color it. I notice that the lighter the hair, the better the result. Blonde hair and white skin look great, they blend in to each other. Is this why your hair is lighter?

Look forward to our exchange,

Sincerely,

DT

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

Time: 7:44:20 AM

Remote Name: 152.163.207.51

Comments

Hello there all. First of all, your results pat fom the photos are masterful. They are truly magnificant. I toohave gone through this process. For 6 years now. Have had work done at the NEW hair Institute with William Rassman (2 procedures) & one of his associates (Dr. Mclellan). I have to say that in terms of science and technicial proficency, there is no doubt, they have reached a zenith. however, in terms of artistry, and creating a truly undetectable hairline like yours, this is not the case at NHI. It is interesting that Dr. Shapiro worked for Dr. Rassman originally. I must say that his artistry is his own talent, like a painter. The science is only 1/2 the equation here. The artistry is the other half. It is rare to find both. Rassman trained Dr. Shapiro in the science & technique, but Dr., Shapiro's work does not have the NHI signature look. In terms of hairline creation: I have undergone extensive electrolysis to make my hairline more natural. It seems that even if they graft 1 hair units, some are in a dormant phase, and in up growing in 2's at the edge of the front hairline even. This is unavoidable since all hair goes through dormancy phases. therefore, we all will always get some degree of 2's in the front edge of the anterior hairline. I have gone through electrolysis to change these 2's into 1's. Also, I have brought in a painter to take hairs out along the hairline to create a more uneven/erratic hairline. Creating small canals of emptiness (like in a real life hairlines). It seems that my doctors love creating dense zones with no spaces or gaps which is essentail to a natural hairline. However, Pat it seems as though all these ideas which i have cultivated and developed through my experiences, has already been perfected on your work. From the looks of it, you have it going on. however, just a few questions. 1) I notices that the best work is with guys who have tuffs of already existing in hair in the anterior edge of the hairline. it looks like you have some in the front middle. This really adds wispiness and nauturalness. most guys who dont have that, it seems dont come out as good (even Shapiro's work) 2) Your hair look lighter in the photo with Dr. Shapiro. Did you color it. I notice that the lighter the hair, the better the result. Blonde hair and white skin look great, they blend in to each other. Is this why your hair is lighter?

Look forward to our exchange,

Sincerely,

DT

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

Time: 9:09:50 AM

Remote Name: 12.72.157.15

Comments

DT, Thanks for your thoughtful and very well thought out post. The artistry element of hair transplantation is an intangable that is hard to assess often. It is really know big technical secret as to how to do microscopic 1,2,3, and 4 hair naturally grouped follicular unit grafting. Yet why do so few surgeons truly have it mastered? I think this is in large part due to the artistry missing. I mean, give two people the same canvas, oil paints and brushes and tell them to paint a house and just watch how the results vary. Some doctors just don't seem to have that kind of sensativity. After all, what were some of these doctors thinking when they were pop riviting plugs in a line virtually below their patient's eyebrows? Some how Dr. Shapiro really pulls it all together.

As for my schizoid hair (ie changing colors), when I was bald I would have settled for virtually any color hair as long as it was mine. But now I'm getting more particular and have decided gray hair won't do. I now color my hair brown. I know the old adage is that salt and pepper hair and blonde hair are best for hair transplants, but when the work is this natural I don't think this adage holds true any more. I think the color of the hair was more of a factor when doctors were playing the shell game of disguising their mini grafts (or God forbid plugs) with micros and needed all the help and camouflage they could get.

Thanks for posting I hope to hear more from you and best wishes too you in achieving a fully natural hairline.

My Hair Loss Blog