? for Dr's or HT veterans

I experienced alot of Shock Loss after my 2800 FU procedure in Feb. Both in the donor area and the recipient area.

It appears as though the shock loss I experienced in the donor area is starting to fill back in (its been 5 months). The hair on the sides and back does seem to be getting thicker. This could be however that the donor area scar is shrinking as expected and hairs are closer together. Hard to tell.

However, years ago I had some "plugs" put in up front(stupid decision but lets not go there). I experienced a tremendous amount of shock loss with these hairs and they have NOT starting growing back. This bothers me for two reasons:

First, its transplanted hair from the back and therefore is supposed to be genetically programmed to grow for life, yet I see NO "re-growth" yet.

Second, and most importantly, the fact that these hairs experienced shock loss and are transplanted hairs and are not growing back will make me think twice about another HT. Because if the 2800 FU's I got in Feb experience Shock Loss in a second procedure, I'm not feeling comfortable at this time that they will regrow either.

Maybe 5 months is to early??

Any doctors or HT veterans have thoughts about this??

I experienced alot of Shock Loss after my 2800 FU procedure in Feb. Both in the donor area and the recipient area.

It appears as though the shock loss I experienced in the donor area is starting to fill back in (its been 5 months). The hair on the sides and back does seem to be getting thicker. This could be however that the donor area scar is shrinking as expected and hairs are closer together. Hard to tell.

However, years ago I had some "plugs" put in up front(stupid decision but lets not go there). I experienced a tremendous amount of shock loss with these hairs and they have NOT starting growing back. This bothers me for two reasons:

First, its transplanted hair from the back and therefore is supposed to be genetically programmed to grow for life, yet I see NO "re-growth" yet.

Second, and most importantly, the fact that these hairs experienced shock loss and are transplanted hairs and are not growing back will make me think twice about another HT. Because if the 2800 FU's I got in Feb experience Shock Loss in a second procedure, I'm not feeling comfortable at this time that they will regrow either.

Maybe 5 months is to early??

Any doctors or HT veterans have thoughts about this??

The fact that your plug hairs shed and don't seem to be coming back doesn't surprize me. I had some plugs done many years ago, and those have thinned a lot and some are gone altogether. I think this is because they were taken from an area that I lost as my pattern expanded. Is it possible that the area where your plugs were taken is thinning? Incidently, I had 1600 grafts a year ago and I go for my second surgery next week.

Gary,

NO..in my case the donor area that the original old plugs were harvested from years ago is still thick with hair. As a matter of fact, the donor area used for my 2800 FU process in Feb went right threw the same area used for the old plugs.

This still is a big question mark for me going forward regarding a decision to have any more HT's. I would hate to make a decision to have another HT and then lose FU's from my Feb process due to Shock Loss. That would be counter-productive.

I'd like to hear from some more people or Doctors on their opinion on this matter.

Thanx

Dr. Limmer,

I'm assuming your refering to previous Transplanted hair when you say you've "never seen shock loss not grow back". ??