"Hair transplants hold key to power, says Berlusconi"

Robert_

Hair transplants hold key to power, says Berlusconi

By Bruce Johnston in Rome

(Filed: 22/07/2005)

Silvio Berlusconi, Italy's image-conscious prime minister, has urged his party chief in Sicily to follow his example and have a hair transplant in a novel attempt to prevent defeat at the next election.

Angelino Alfano, 35, a rising political star, but who is balding, admitted to La Repubblica yesterday that rumours doing the rounds in parliament about his boss's instruction were "true".

Asked if the prime minister had given him advice, the MP replied: "Coming from him it's like an offer you can't refuse."

Mr Berlusconi, a media tycoon who rarely appears in public without make-up, is known as a perfectionist and stickler for visual detail.

In the past he has urged young politicians in his stable to do away with facial hair, for which he has a dislike bordering on obsession.

But hair on the head is another matter. The premier sees it as essential for a man to be a winner. After having his election posters airbrushed for years, last year Mr Berlusconi underwent a transplant.

The news was confirmed last August when it emerged that the Italian leader had greeted Tony Blair on holiday in Sardinia sporting a bandana to cover signs of the operation. Now he has a notable head of hair.

Mr Berlusconi's "invitation" to Mr Alfano comes 10 months before he wants national elections. Despite trying to buy time to win back popular support, he is widely expected to be given a drubbing with voters defecting in droves to the centre-Left opposition because of the disastrous state of the economy during his term.

Of special concern is Sicily, where disaffection with his alliance is now palpable.

Judging by the profuse new growth for some time visible on Mr Berlusconi's own head, Mr Alfano is likely to have ample time successfully to tend to his own before Italy is called to the polls.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

You know Robert there is a lot of truth to the public image thing.

If all things are equal between a bald guy and Mr. 'Fab-Hair,' Fab-Hair will win. Why, because of self-confidence.

Self-esteem and self-promotion work hand in-hand, don't you think.

Now that I'm going to have hair, job interviews this spring (after graduation) should be a pleasure and not a burden. Hey, they even may look me in the eyes and not at my baldness.

I should be hired on my qualifications, not my looks is a bold statement-I know. Perhaps, the interviewers really don't care. However, I know with a little confidence I'll knock them off their feet.

I'm not saying all bald guys lack self-confidence, only that I do. ~zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

zerro,

What is going on inside most certainly conveys outward. Self-confidence makes the man. I think that many men can manage to keep their confidence after they have thinned, but do not. In addition, it is not always about confidence. When looking into hair restoration, many men and women simply want back what was once theirs.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Your right, well said. Confidence does come from within and in my case, also under a hat. For at least a little longer icon_cool.gif

Robert, I had the day off today so I'm trying to get some milage on my karma points (posted alot.) Hope you don't mind. ~zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

If all things are equal between a bald guy and Mr. 'Fab-Hair,' Fab-Hair will win.

I've got a funny example on that: the 2 finalists for the 2012 Olympics. First delegation (France) led by Bertrand Delanoe, NW5. Second delegation (UK) led by Sebastian Coe, not affected by MPB. They're about the same age (Coe is a few years younger). Pictures below. Now tell me: who looks better? Who would you prefer as your Chief Delegate? And guess who won the Games?

_39915935_paris_getty_203.jpg

r185710224.jpg

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Here is another article on Italy's leaders HT.

Berlusconi happy about new hair

Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi says he feels 25 years younger after having a hair transplant.

_40676469_1230_berluskoni.jpg

Berlusconi plans to lead the centre-right into the 2006 elections

The Italian media had been speculating about his hair since August, when he appeared in a pirate-style bandana.

Recommending cosmetic surgery, Mr Berlusconi, 68, said his implanted hair had been growing marvellously.

"I am very happy to have subjected myself to such pain," he told reporters. A year ago he also had cosmetic surgery around his eyes.

"I think this should be regarded as an example ... I now feel 40-42 years old in all aspects of my life," said the billionaire leader, who was recently cleared of serious corruption allegations.

'Showing people respect'

In August, he surprised reporters by wearing a white pirate-style bandana on a stroll with UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, whom he hosted at his villa in Sardinia.

Berlusconi kept Italy guessing when he sported a white bandana

Mr Berlusconi on Thursday extolled the virtues of cosmetic surgery.

"It is a way of showing respect to those who share your life, your family. It is a way of showing respect to those who expect you to represent them on an international and national stage," he told reporters.

Mr Berlusconi had cosmetic surgery around his eyes during the Christmas holidays last year. He confirmed it a month later.

He also disappeared from public view several times during 2004, emerging afterwards with a new look.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Yes, unfortunately image is important. In my case, it's not so much about confidence. At 49, I can deal with hair lose much easier that if I were 29. However, I am a strong male, who enjoys keeping in good shape. My current hair loss makes me look MUCH older. I don't like that. I like to look as young and healthy as I feel.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

You know Hairworthy & Cas, maybe they'll have a swim competition across the English Channel or something, so that Delanoe can atleast get his feet wet icon_smile.gif

A BLOODY NO BRAINER- "FAB-HAIR" WINS!

• 2 weeks later...

You know I was thinking the same thing about the presidents. Look at all of them from recent times where appearance plays a big part because of TV exposure.

Also, keep in mind that Gerald Ford was not elected. He took over after Nixon resigned. Same with LBJ.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Sorry but this is kind dumb, to say that you can't be president and be bald. How many people get to be president, period? Forty three guys so far. I am sure some of the early (founding fathers) presidents were bald, but during that time it was common to wear a wig.

LOTS of bald guys wield political power today, look at Vice President Dick Cheney. Forget what Berlusconi says, he said a bunch of other kooky things too (do it for the honor of your family). Bald guys are well represented in essentially every high office in the country.

If you blame your lack of success in life on hair loss, you will always be looking for an excuse. If it wasn't baldness it would be something else, I guarantee it. I once heard a guy complain that he was handicapped in life because he was "too tall". If hair loss is the biggest obstacle you have to confront in life, consider yourself lucky. Bald guys can go absolutely anywhere and do absolutely anything.

If you want to do something in life, just go for it. Hair loss is not holding you back, you're holding yourself back with a "can't do it" attitude.

I apologize, I know this is a board where guys come to vent about hair loss, but lets not say it keeps you from doing whatever you want to do... it doesn't.

True, Arfy. Hairloss is not going to hold someone back from doing something they have committed themselves to doing. That being said, there have been psychology studies that have shown that, with all other variables equal, a person shown two candidates, one with hair and one without, will opt to vote for the one with hair.

In modern times of constant media exposure it would be naive to think that physical appearance has no bearing at all on a candidate's chances of winning.

-Robert