We Now Offer Live Help and Chat Sessions!

Thank you to all the forum members and hair restoration physicians who joined our Live Help/Chat session this past Tuesday at 10pm EST. As usual, it was another hit with a total of 27 (our best record so far!!!) forum members joining us at various times throughout the evening! Though we recognize that it's about quality and not quantity that makes these live chats a success.

Why not join us for the chat? It's a perfect opportunity for hair loss sufferers to receive instant answers to their hair restoration questions! Many long time veteran members as well as hair restoration physicians have been participating regularly!

It is always extremely exciting when we are joined by hair restoration medical experts in the field as well. This past Tuesday, two of our coalition physicians joined us for a live question and answer session. A special thanks to Dr. Glenn Charles and Dr. Robert Bernstein for giving your time and your expert medical advice on so many topics!

The following members attended at least some part of the evening:

1. giants

2. pawlik57

3. juan

4. the B Spot

5. Dr. Glenn Charles

6. Dr. Robert Bernstein

7. triggerhappy

8. wanthairs

9. melina

10. Abbie

11. jfo

12. Janna

13. Crouse

14. notgoing2gobald

15. Mike1651

16. Pat - the Publisher of our Community

17. Bill - Moderator

18. super8mm

19. nobuzz4me

20. mrkneed

21. For_Indai

22. its752

23. Dr. Dome

24. More_Hair

25. KamCal

26. Sanjeev

27. Hairfree

If you attended the live chat session and your name is not included on the list - please respond on this thread and I will add you.

Topics of discussion included but are not limited to:

1. Hair Loss Treatment Xandrox - benefits and limitations

2. Dudasteride Verses Propecia - potential side effects and level of efficacy

3. What is the "Safe Zone" in a hair transplant and is it possible to lose hair there?

4. DUPA (Diffuse Unpatterned hair loss) and how it can impact hair restoration surgery

5. Young people and hair transplantation from Dr. Charles' and Dr. Bernstein's perspective

6. Family history of hair loss and how it relates to hair transplantation

7. Problems and remedies of FUE

8. Hair Graft survival rate once removed from the scalp

As you can see...there were many topics discussed and professional insight was given in a fast paced live chat discussion.

Your Suggestions/Ideas Wanted

Because it is the members of this community that makes this live help/chat feature work, we are always looking for realistic and practical suggestions to make our chat feature even more enjoyable and beneficial for our attendees.

I encourage you to provide any suggestions that you think might be helpful on this thread.

Be sure to tune in Tuesday 10/23/2007 at 10:00pm EST for our next live chat session!

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you to all the forum members and hair restoration physicians who joined our Live Help/Chat session this past Tuesday at 10pm EST. As usual, it was another hit with a total of 27 (our best record so far!!!) forum members joining us at various times throughout the evening! Though we recognize that it's about quality and not quantity that makes these live chats a success.

Why not join us for the chat? It's a perfect opportunity for hair loss sufferers to receive instant answers to their hair restoration questions! Many long time veteran members as well as hair restoration physicians have been participating regularly!

It is always extremely exciting when we are joined by hair restoration medical experts in the field as well. This past Tuesday, two of our coalition physicians joined us for a live question and answer session. A special thanks to Dr. Glenn Charles and Dr. Robert Bernstein for giving your time and your expert medical advice on so many topics!

The following members attended at least some part of the evening:

1. giants

2. pawlik57

3. juan

4. the B Spot

5. Dr. Glenn Charles

6. Dr. Robert Bernstein

7. triggerhappy

8. wanthairs

9. melina

10. Abbie

11. jfo

12. Janna

13. Crouse

14. notgoing2gobald

15. Mike1651

16. Pat - the Publisher of our Community

17. Bill - Moderator

18. super8mm

19. nobuzz4me

20. mrkneed

21. For_Indai

22. its752

23. Dr. Dome

24. More_Hair

25. KamCal

26. Sanjeev

27. Hairfree

If you attended the live chat session and your name is not included on the list - please respond on this thread and I will add you.

Topics of discussion included but are not limited to:

1. Hair Loss Treatment Xandrox - benefits and limitations

2. Dudasteride Verses Propecia - potential side effects and level of efficacy

3. What is the "Safe Zone" in a hair transplant and is it possible to lose hair there?

4. DUPA (Diffuse Unpatterned hair loss) and how it can impact hair restoration surgery

5. Young people and hair transplantation from Dr. Charles' and Dr. Bernstein's perspective

6. Family history of hair loss and how it relates to hair transplantation

7. Problems and remedies of FUE

8. Hair Graft survival rate once removed from the scalp

As you can see...there were many topics discussed and professional insight was given in a fast paced live chat discussion.

Your Suggestions/Ideas Wanted

Because it is the members of this community that makes this live help/chat feature work, we are always looking for realistic and practical suggestions to make our chat feature even more enjoyable and beneficial for our attendees.

I encourage you to provide any suggestions that you think might be helpful on this thread.

Be sure to tune in Tuesday 10/23/2007 at 10:00pm EST for our next live chat session!

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I think that any time you need a day off, you should have Crouse be the moderator. icon_smile.gif Does he ever post at all on the forum or is he just a lurker for chatnight?

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Sorry I missed the party . I 'll be back next week

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Bill.

Do you have any qualifications in hair?

What work do you do for a living? if you dont mind me asking.

where do you obtain your information from?

also can you please explain where the chat function is? and how to access it?

Bill i have a huge regard for your opinions, if i take some pictures of my hair line? would you please give me your assessment?

and i will give you all my details? what information would u like me to provide?>

Age? what else?

i would like your assessment - of what you anticipate happening? what medication you think i may benefit from?

and most importantly how many grafts you think i would need..for a hair transplant?

Thanks in advance dude.

in your expert opinion Bill?

what is the average number of hairs that will grow from a tranplant?

People on here ive seen some report around 60%.

in australia there is a web site for a transplant surgeon who guarantees atleast 50% grwoth.

It sounds like the standards in this industry are pretty low. are australian surgeons shit at transplants? or is 50% reasonable by world standards?

Guest wanthairs

guyfrom sydney....50% gorowth is totally shit and the doctor needs to be dropped off a cliff for producing those results...

Our coalition docs here average over 90% growth...

guyfronsydney,

Click Live Help/Chat for information about live chat.

Do you have any qualifications in hair?"

Keep in mind that I am not a doctor, therefore I cannot be called an "expert".

I am a three time hair transplant patient who has done a lot of research over the last three years about hair, hair growth, hair loss, hair transplantation, and hair loss treatments. I have been in numerous discussions with expert hair restoration physicians, hair restoration consultants, and hair loss patients. I am also in the process of reading "Hair Transplantation", a book edited by Dr. Walter Unger and Dr. Ron Shaprio.

Does this make me an expert? No. Am I knowledgeable about hair and hair restoration? Yes.

You should always do dilligent research and consult with a medical expert to confirm anything you are told. My advice should not be taken as medical advice.

What work do you do for a living? if you dont mind me asking.

I work as an IT Manager and for the Hair Transplant network as the Associate Publisher/Moderator of this community. I have a degree in Elementary Education and 3 classes short of a masters degree in Christian Counseling.

I agree with wanthairs. 50-60% growth yield is terrible. In the hands of a first-rate hair restoration physician, FUT (strip surgery) yield has been said to be around 95%. In the hands of a first-rate hair restoration physician, FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) yield has been said to be around 90% (the risk of follicle transection is greater, and placement of the hair graft is more difficult because of the lesser amount of skin cells protecting the graft - increasing the risk of damaging the hair graft).

I will be happy to help you in any way that I can. Feel free to post your pictures, level of hair loss on the norwood scale, age, family history of hair loss, pictures, and what you would like to accomplish.

Bill

Joey,

Welcome to our community.

I've only posted one transcript so far however, all summaries, chat transcripts, and information about live chat has been pinned at the top of this forum on this thread.

Our next live chat will be 10/23/2007 (no regularly scheduled live chat this week). J

We hope to see you next week in live chat

Bill