My HT Experience on 1/18/02

Heatherwood

I had a transplant of 1243 grafts done by Dr. Frayser at Hair Transplant Center in Tulsa and I sailed right thru it. Now that was a painfilled nite. Mostly my own fault. Didn't take pain meds until too late. No pain since that first nite. They were wonderful. Booked my hotel for me, picked me up at hotel, took me to clinic, took me after to pharmacy and then back to hotel. Have called to check on me since. My scabs healed close to the middle of the second week and had stitches out on 11th day. Transplanted hair is still there, but expect them to fallout anyday, but I just feel so good about myself now. Can't wait to see it fill in. I have to say that I looked around for a good while and chose them because of both price and Tom Campbell, spokesman for the Clinic. They were so kind to me during my surgery, before and after.

I had a transplant of 1243 grafts done by Dr. Frayser at Hair Transplant Center in Tulsa and I sailed right thru it. Now that was a painfilled nite. Mostly my own fault. Didn't take pain meds until too late. No pain since that first nite. They were wonderful. Booked my hotel for me, picked me up at hotel, took me to clinic, took me after to pharmacy and then back to hotel. Have called to check on me since. My scabs healed close to the middle of the second week and had stitches out on 11th day. Transplanted hair is still there, but expect them to fallout anyday, but I just feel so good about myself now. Can't wait to see it fill in. I have to say that I looked around for a good while and chose them because of both price and Tom Campbell, spokesman for the Clinic. They were so kind to me during my surgery, before and after.

The way you were treated sounds great. How about the ht procedure itself? Where are you on the norwood scale? How old are you? Do they perform fu grafts only? How much did it cost for this procedure? Did you see any of their patients? This may sound like a lot of questions, but these are a few of the things I'd consider before choosing a doctor. I hope everything works out great for you. Keep us posted. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am female and 41yo. I have level 2 of the female version of the Norwood scale. Forgive me, I do not recall the name of the scale used on women. I had 1,240 grafts - micro and mini. It is 3 weeks now and I am completely healed and it is growing. I had very little fallout. The Tulsa clinic charges $3 a graft and they compensate for travel expenses up to $600.