multiple scars

If i get multiple operations over my life time all done by strip tecnique. Will each operation result in the one scar at the end of multiple procedures? Do only some surgeons do this? and how much does multiple operations limit the donor area putting the actual grafts they take each time aside. This is by using the Trichophytic closure also......

If i get multiple operations over my life time all done by strip tecnique. Will each operation result in the one scar at the end of multiple procedures? Do only some surgeons do this? and how much does multiple operations limit the donor area putting the actual grafts they take each time aside. This is by using the Trichophytic closure also......

22 years-

Today the standard of care followed by most hair restoration surgeons is to remove the previous donor scar with any subsequent procedure, so that you only have one linear scar at any given time.

Closure using the "tricophytic" technique helps to reduce the appearance of the donor scar. The finite amount of donor varies from individual to individual; it is dependent upon donor density, the ability of the scalp to regain it's laxity, and the cosmetic appearance of the donor area following proposed strip removal.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

22:

There was a good discussion on the thread below where Dr. Beener discusses your very exact point. As DR. Carman explained, most do try one scar, provided you stick with the same surgeon. There are times when patients who see different doctors end up with multiple scars only because the original doctor may not have put the scar in the best location to allow the next doctor to utilize the donor area efficiently or perhaps the incision was not in the best area. You should always discuss these issues with your doctor and never assume anything.

Unfortunately there are times when I see pr

info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3466060861/m/1461060453?r=4891003453#4891003453]Scars and trichophytic closures[/url]