taking the plunge

tiki

I have been following this thread for several months and have gained tremendous understanding and tips from many of the regular posters Like most all of us I have been concerned with loss of hair over the last 10 years. I am 55 and really don't know what stage "N" I am in, but have been uncomfortable with the front recession for some time

Well, I have decided to Have 1500 "FU" implants in the hairline area with Dr. Feller this coming Thursday with strip donor. I have started to take procar, cut in quarters, in the last two weeks to help maintain the overal crown area in support of the HT area.

I guess the easiest way to descibe my status of loss is to provide some photos.

I still have some questions. Dr. Feller has been very good to answer every question and concern regarding the procedure.

Now I am waiting till the day.

Any tips on Post op? taking off 1 week from work. Not getting head shaved. I have this feeling that everyone I meet will be staring at my forehead for completely differnet reasons than in the past.

Wish me Luck

tkik

before.jpg.a15747a952e4d4812c7aea62a907fe82.jpg

I have been following this thread for several months and have gained tremendous understanding and tips from many of the regular posters Like most all of us I have been concerned with loss of hair over the last 10 years. I am 55 and really don't know what stage "N" I am in, but have been uncomfortable with the front recession for some time

Well, I have decided to Have 1500 "FU" implants in the hairline area with Dr. Feller this coming Thursday with strip donor. I have started to take procar, cut in quarters, in the last two weeks to help maintain the overal crown area in support of the HT area.

I guess the easiest way to descibe my status of loss is to provide some photos.

I still have some questions. Dr. Feller has been very good to answer every question and concern regarding the procedure.

Now I am waiting till the day.

Any tips on Post op? taking off 1 week from work. Not getting head shaved. I have this feeling that everyone I meet will be staring at my forehead for completely differnet reasons than in the past.

Wish me Luck

tkik

Thought I would add a photo of the top view prior to procedure

I have a concern that the HT area will be too dense compared with the rst of the head. Dr. Feller assures me it will be natural and the use of procar will help retard any further loss. he also advises that 'shock loss' is not really a concern because the front is smooth and these areas do impact existing hair.

I will send photos after surgery.

I have seen some amazing results from the people on the site.

Futzy's before and after says it all

tiki

Tiki-

In response to your quex about pre and post op, I have a few things you might want to look into on the link below:

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

Considerations for things to help with swelling, healing, and appearance:

Grow your hair pre-op to avoid hat-head after.

Vitamin C up to and through the surgery.

Bromalin pineapple extract from GNC 3-4 days before.

Headband around the forehead for 4 days after.

Graftcyte(sp?) spray every awake HOUR for 4-5 days.

Prednezone(sp?) for 3 days after.

Rogaine on days 10 - 60+.

Toppik powder and Dermamatch on days 10-30 for concealing. ***These are things I have gathered. Some have consequences. Get your Dr.'s advice before using any

Surgery was today.

1500 units

Dr. Allan Feller

Started at 8am. very thorough prep...drawings, photos, intro to the techs

Dr. Feller marked donor area, tech shaved, numbed and the strip was removed by the DR>

Moved to other room and received numerous needles with Lidocaine to numb donor area.

Dr. Feller made every incision in the donor area and began the insertion of the follicles. Tech's took over [ 2 working jointly installing ] two cutting strip into single hair and double hair units.

51/2 hrs later..job was done.

looks too good to be true. very little redness or swelling. Tech's, Anna & Geri, were top shelf, very professional and gentle during the procedure

Needless to say, the night before was filled with some anxious tossing and turning but the end result was worth every minute and dollar spent.

I don't even care what i look like post surgery, knowing that in just a few months the hairline that was lost will be back and the constant fussing over lost hairline will be a memory.

Thanks to all who have provided support and great pre and post experiences from this website

tiki

Tiki, are you using graftcyte to encourage healing? After my last procedure, I used graftcyte only on the donor scar area. I used a salt water spray on my grafts. I heard that vitamin E oil is also good. Good luck and remember - keep your fingers away from those scabs!

I agree with Graftcyte use,

Use it at least until you run through a 1st spray bottle, for me it was 3-4 days. It really does help with the healing IMO.

Good luck !!

NW