Great Experience with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein in Miami

chris H

In my early 30's I had a transplant with M.H.R. in Orlando. That was about 12 years ago and frankly I don't remember how many grafts I had, maybe 750? But I do remember I thought it was a bit pricey for what I receieved. I was promoised dense coverage as I was receeding in the front, and had a fairly good sized bald spot on my crown. I was never very happy with the results. Again, this was a good 12 or so years ago, and there have been some decent advances in hair transplants.

Now I'm 44. I'm active and work out, and feel young, but in recent years I've noticed quite a bit more recession with my hair line, front and crown. From time to time I debated another procedure, and I finally discussed the issue with my wife. I'm glad I did because she's the type of person who does her reserch and investigates things thoroughly. She found this site on the internet and her opinion based on what she read, was that the Hair Transplant groups, M.H.R., Bosley, etc., did not generate the raves omongst their patients, as did some indiviual surgeons who specialize in Hair Transplants.

I was ready to dig up the old M.H.R. business card I had, but based on the patient reviews we read on this site, our impression was that the clinic groups for Hair Transplants, were more or less like going to the H.M.O.'s for medical insurance. After much reserch we narrowed our choice down to two Florida Dr's (I live in central Fla.) and after consults with both, decided to go with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein in Miami.

I had my procedure Nov. 13th, where I had 2617 grafts. I'm not sure of the break down, but I know a majority went towards rebuilding my front hair line, with fairly decent coverage over my crown. I have thanked my wife over and over for she was the one who found Dr. Epstein! I don't have a single complaint about the Dr., his office, or staff! His experience, credentials, and achievements, are all deserved.

Dr. Epstein is a very dynamic and confident individual. He is not snobby in the least, and makes you feel very comfortable, and will make sure you have no unanswered questions. I also can not say enough about his staff. True professionals, but with outstanding bedside manners! Very friendly. Very kind!

The entire experience from the consultation to the procedure, and after, has been easy and plesant. My wife took the three hour drive with me, and Dr. Epstein's office got us a great discount at a Hampton Inn, ten minutes from his office. The hotel is also situated in the middle of a mall shopping district, so my wife had something to do during my procedure.

The other Dr. that I was considering wanted to do about half the grafts that Dr. Epstein did, but his price was about the same. This time, as opposed to my M.H.R. experience, I feel very satisfied and pleased that I got more than my moneys worth! I am anxsiously waiting my healing process now to see just how it turns out! Based on my experience with Dr. Epstein so far, I would highly recommend him and his office and staff to anyone considering a quality yet affordable Hair Transplant! Chris H.

Chris,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Epstein and for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear and certainly not surprised to hear that you've had a positive experience. I am also pleased to hear that our forum community has helped you in your hair restoration decisions!

I hope you'll take the time to create a hair loss weblog in order to share your pictures with us.

Now the wait begins!

Keep us posted on your progress.

Bill

Great to hear that you had such a good experience with Dr. Epstein. He does some fine work and no doubt you'll be very pleased. If you get the chance could you document your experience with some photos?

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

We are also lucky to have Dr. Epstein post here from time to time, I consider physician advice on this forum to be extremely helpful in addition to the many personal experiences out there. Sometimes its good to hear from the experts themselves. Glad to hear of your experience with him, thanks for sharing it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dont go with Dr Jeffrey, he replies very promptly before the procedure, but after the procedure, it comes down gradually. If you are happy with the results, thats good, but if something goes wrong, he is not very helpful either. My expericen with him is horrible with less than 10% of the grafts growing in more than 2500. His responses cease or take lot longer when I ask him about it. I dont guess his staff is as cordial when you ask them about it.

Sorry to hear SR; unfortunately, you really don't seem to be alone. Have you looked into a repair? If so, consider your options with a Coalition doc.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 1 year later...
In my early 30's I had a transplant with M.H.R. in Orlando. That was about 12 years ago and frankly I don't remember how many grafts I had, maybe 750? But I do remember I thought it was a bit pricey for what I receieved. I was promoised dense coverage as I was receeding in the front, and had a fairly good sized bald spot on my crown. I was never very happy with the results. Again, this was a good 12 or so years ago, and there have been some decent advances in hair transplants.

Now I'm 44. I'm active and work out, and feel young, but in recent years I've noticed quite a bit more recession with my hair line, front and crown. From time to time I debated another procedure, and I finally discussed the issue with my wife. I'm glad I did because she's the type of person who does her reserch and investigates things thoroughly. She found this site on the internet and her opinion based on what she read, was that the Hair Transplant groups, M.H.R., Bosley, etc., did not generate the raves omongst their patients, as did some indiviual surgeons who specialize in Hair Transplants.

I was ready to dig up the old M.H.R. business card I had, but based on the patient reviews we read on this site, our impression was that the clinic groups for Hair Transplants, were more or less like going to the H.M.O.'s for medical insurance. After much reserch we narrowed our choice down to two Florida Dr's (I live in central Fla.) and after consults with both, decided to go with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein in Miami.

I had my procedure Nov. 13th, where I had 2617 grafts. I'm not sure of the break down, but I know a majority went towards rebuilding my front hair line, with fairly decent coverage over my crown. I have thanked my wife over and over for she was the one who found Dr. Epstein! I don't have a single complaint about the Dr., his office, or staff! His experience, credentials, and achievements, are all deserved.

Dr. Epstein is a very dynamic and confident individual. He is not snobby in the least, and makes you feel very comfortable, and will make sure you have no unanswered questions. I also can not say enough about his staff. True professionals, but with outstanding bedside manners! Very friendly. Very kind!

The entire experience from the consultation to the procedure, and after, has been easy and plesant. My wife took the three hour drive with me, and Dr. Epstein's office got us a great discount at a Hampton Inn, ten minutes from his office. The hotel is also situated in the middle of a mall shopping district, so my wife had something to do during my procedure.

The other Dr. that I was considering wanted to do about half the grafts that Dr. Epstein did, but his price was about the same. This time, as opposed to my M.H.R. experience, I feel very satisfied and pleased that I got more than my moneys worth! I am anxsiously waiting my healing process now to see just how it turns out! Based on my experience with Dr. Epstein so far, I would highly recommend him and his office and staff to anyone considering a quality yet affordable Hair Transplant! Chris H.

please research fully and more updated posts before choosing the doctor!

usedandabused, I know you had a bad experience with Dr. Epstein and I know that your results sucked. I truly sympathize with you, but why would you revive a thread that was almost two years old?

• 2 weeks later...

because MY results and bad experience are recent and people need to be aware. Just because it is an older thread doesnt mean it does not apply. Plus I wanted some feedback from people that had a bad result with the same doctor

• 5 weeks later...

I am 7 months out from same Dr..........my hair looks like s***. (period)

I am not pushing him yet for answers or even complaining..I think it is fair to give time ;what if I am just a late grower..

Though; through my research since my procedure I have learned that the more epinephrine(no clue if spelled right) used ,the less likely your results will be good...also will cause more shock loss...i had a two day fue; lots of trama ..would not do that again..FUG less time in chair= less trama and= less epi =less risk of trama to head, and even the graphs.

This should be a top topic on all HRT forums. This is what decides successful transplants...

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Guest Ian512017155

Why does some of these patient reviews of certain doctors always sound like a cheap infomercial?

no clue...but i would like to see more patient describe what is happening to them from week 1 through 52 without the other guys (who i feel are working for dr's) not allowing them to give their honest experiences.

• 3 weeks later...
Only go to the doctors reccomended here because if they are not its for a reason.

I'll second this, however, it is entirely possible there are some great surgeons out there that are yet to be discovered. At one time, some of the great ones on this site, weren't on this site!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Epstein was once recommended on here but had a falling out with the network. He had a number of poor cases come forward.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I am 7 months out from same Dr..........my hair looks like s***. (period)

I am not pushing him yet for answers or even complaining..I think it is fair to give time ;what if I am just a late grower..

Though; through my research since my procedure I have learned that the more epinephrine(no clue if spelled right) used ,the less likely your results will be good...also will cause more shock loss...i had a two day fue; lots of trama ..would not do that again..FUG less time in chair= less trama and= less epi =less risk of trama to head, and even the graphs.

This should be a top topic on all HRT forums. This is what decides successful transplants...

I had the same experience and I think you are correct in saying that excessive epinephrine use is VERY DANGEROUS and SOME doctors (hint hint) are using more epinephrine than needed. WHY? Well it can be assumed that they excessively use this to make their job EASIER by TOTALLY getting rid of as much blood as possible in the scalp. WELL blood flow is essential to the survival of hair, and more importantly miniaturized hair which is VERY sensitive to trauma and lack of blood flow (even for a short period of time). I had FUG and the combination of a deep slice of scalp from ear to ear severing important nerves and veins, the deep recipient sites made, and epinephrine totally ruined the blood flow in my head, killed all my miniaturized hair and some of my normal healthy hair, and ruined my scalp health forever.

• 3 weeks later...
usedandabused, how is your results showing now with Dr Epstein? Please describe your story once again if u don't mind. I am very close to making my decision. Thanks lot in advance.

if you look at my previous posts, you can get the full story, not going to rehash this again.

Why would you go with a Dr. that has had a great deal of controversy, been kicked off the coalition, and many unhappy patients?

If I were you, I would talk to Limmer, Rassman, Bernstein, or Harris. I don't know your situation, but overall, I wouldn't recommend a hair transplant to anyone....