Sharing our experiences and Surgeon reviews

Hello

I am a new member here, i am from south africa and just visited Portugal Algarve, wonderfull country, i found a Dr. Cruz Dinis that was my salvation, he has been doing hair transplant for a long time, but for sameone else, now he has the most wonderfull clinic i have been into. a beutiful view over the beach and the ocean. so i went there for a interview with him. the price was perfect, and the service 5 stars, i arranged all with him and 3weeks after i was on the plane to Algarve again... perfect weather... i had 3 days for the transplant, i had a car waithing for me in the airport, took me to the hotel, and took me to the clinic all 3 days, the result of the transplant was very very good, i feel like 25 again every time i look in the mirror. i the most wonderfull is that they take care of all this... car, hotel, transplant of 1500 hairs.... and i payed.... 34.000rand... or 3.500?.

next year i will go there again.

Thank you Dr. Cruz Dinis

Hi any info and advice for a hair transplant here in indianapolis?I went and had a consultation with Pai Medical it went well.They use the Multi-Unit Hair Grafting.Does anybody have any info or experince with this company?Thanks! for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

Jinemed hair restoration in turkey is a no no - they dont tell you what is going to happen , you have no pre consultation the dr comes in only when the donor area has been shaved and the hairs taken out so he only inserts the hairs then he leaves. Most of the hair was on the floor. There is no follow up and no calls to see how i was doing. I complained to the uk representative and still no follow up. The hair is growing but i dont know what i should expect or if i looked after things well in the beginning. All in all not a nice experience a very lonely one indeed!

• 1 month later...

Bill,

Do you have any records on Dr. Cooley (Charlotte, NC) on his success rate?

Kirkby,

Since she declined going through our prescreening process, we have no new information on Dr. Wasserbauer at this time.

If in the future she wishes to be considered for potential recommendation, she is welcome and invited to contact me and share examples of her results on this community.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I don't get on much anymore, but for some reason I get email notifications of some threads that I "subscribe to". This is one.

But, I'm about three years out from Cooley doing a repair job on a Latham's Hair Clinic job from back in 1991. I am very happy and it's undetectable. Maybe I'll get to go back soon for another 2500 or so for my crown, but my oldest is starting a private college and I'm still recovering, business wise, from the downturn. And my wife's boob job is next anyway. :D

Cooley's one of the best though, no doubt about it.

Dewayne

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Bill,

NC,

You may want to consider utilizing the forum search function to review Dr. Cooley and his work.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 month later...

Hi - I had a 3000 regular transplant years ago and was thinking of adding more and logging on to read other experiences. have people done FUE for their 2nd surgey at all or stuck to going over the same scar and having a repeat of that procedure done?

thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hola,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post in any kind of forum.

I was losing the hair when i was in college, i.e. since 7 years. Presently i am 27 year old. My hair loss story is similar to every youth in this site, struggling to present myself among family and friends, low self confidence bla bla..

However I have never taken any surgical or non surgical treatments. I had the strange feeling inside me that with proper exercise and healthy food I can get my lost hairs. Yeah, I was bit too much optimistic. Nothing grown back on my head and since last 3 years I am shaving my head.

After 7 years I have decide to go for HT surgery. I have done hell lot of research before deciding to take the HT. finally I shortlisted two surgeons from Canada, Dr. Simmons and Dr. Rahal. After the first appointment with Dr. Cam Simmons I decided that's it, I am doing procedure from Dr. Simmons. And finally the D day comes, My procedure completed yesterday i.e Oct 7,2011.

Day before the surgery I was bit nerves, this was my first any kind of surgery. But following this web site helped me to what to expect during procedure.

Surgery Day:

I reached Dr.Simmons office early morning around 7 am and Procedure stared at 8 am. Before the surgery Dr.simmons designed the hairline for me, took few picture with design and without design on head.

I was feeling butterfly’s in my stomach, it was kind of combination of nervousness, excitement and fear,

After everything the time comes for surgery, Dr. Simmons gave me three tables to decrease my nervousness and to calm me down. Asked to lay down on surgical bed and then he marked donor area for cut.

This time my heart was pumping fast, then DR said he is giving me some shots to freeze my head, got first two shot above my eye brows and then 4 shot at donor area. None of the shots were very painful; it was out of 10 scales around 3.

Then one of the staff asked would you liked to watch comedy, action or romantic movies? I said Comedy  she gave me comedy movie binder; during whole procedure I watched three movies The Mask, Bruce Almighty and Semi pro. During first movie I was more concentrating on what Dr is doing then later on I almost forgot about the procedure 

Then actual procedure starts, dr.started to cut the donor area, my head was numb I couldn’t feel anything. It was like wearing helmet on head and someone scratching on helmet. At last everything done, my donor area is cut and stitches were placed in 30 mins.

Dr.simmons staff started their work to remove the graft from donor skin.

After 10 mins, two people started working on planting the grafts in receipt area. Then on everything was smooth and long day. My procedure finished at around 7.30 pm.

On my head 3557 grafts were planted, number was awesome. Hair design too looks good too.

At the end of procedure, I thought. It was cool, not at all much painful.

Dr.sommons and their staff done wonderful job, they kept me comfortable for whole procedure. I appreciate their skill and quality of work.

Edited by savant

• 1 month later...

My surgeon was Dr. Alan Feller and had my HT surgery performed earlier this month. I hoped for a mere 400+ grafts to refine my hairline and Dr. Feller managed to obtain more than 700 FUE grafts from my severely stripped-out donor area. I had had a flap done in the 90s as well as strip work from another surgeon which had left my donor area severely depleted, yet Dr. Feller took the time and effort to make me feel comfortable in the chair and even took into consideration my scarring history when the surgery was over and it came time for me to leave the office.

I'll never forget my experince with this most caring HT surgeon, and needless to say, as can be judged by the photographic proof of his other patients - I am really excited to see the final results over the next 8-12 months! The man is simply a Picasso when it comes to restoring one's hair (esp. in my case with so little material to work with), not to mention generally an all-around great human being (rare in the medical industry) and when I expressed this to him we BOTH agreed and only wished he had gotten to me sooner - before my own naivete and the other surgeons had stripped my donor out.

Trust me guys, as FUE surgeons go you simply cannot do better than Dr. Feller. Check out his patient galleries and see who else can do SO MUCH with so little native material to work with. In the meantime, I will consult with the doctor so we may have my photos displayed for you all to judge.

• 3 weeks later...

There are only a few that can do natural looking hairlines and have the skill. They are getting better over all but stick with the good guys, ie, Ron Shapiro is one. This is reference to guy looking in Beverly Hills in 2005? A little late for him but not for others interested in surgery.

Read the blogs and you will know who is good. It is worth traveling.

To ShareKhan, if I had your email I would be glad to give my knowledge of about 30 yrs with hair docs. You know, some good ones but without a doubt, they like the money real well. I try not to be cynical. I have thought, I don't see many hair docs with grafts. Most of the hair docs all have full heads of hair. Ever think why?

HT? Sorry, it is a never ending battle once a person starts. In some way people with thinning, balding hair are very susceptible to the HT biz. We all want hair back and the techniques, promises will always fall short. I had grafts some 20 years ago and I am always going back, filling in and repairing scars. Now I have no donor hair to graft so I will end up with a fringe of hair in the front and bald behind it. There is only so much they can do. If you have low expectations, go for it. I have spent so much money on the grafts and so much worry I wonder now. My hair is bound to be ridiculous now. HT is only for a few. Be realistic of what your hair loss pattern will be and have HT accordingly or get use to little hair or baldness. Remember what you will look like in 10-15 years because if you have extensive baldness you will look embarrassing, at least I am finding that out. The docs, well, as long as you have cash that will only matter to some of these guys although without question some are ethical.

Let's hope for hair multiplication, soon. The trade is cash. Very few IMHO can give a natural appearance so you have baldness or obvious hair grafts which is more embarrassing in my opinion. Think hard before doing anything. The promises far exceed the results from what I have seen. Unless the doc has picked you to be in one of his on site pics, your results will not be the same as what is portrayed on their website. I know this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

For those of you either based in the UK or within reach I would highly recommend Dr Reddy, whom I received FUE treatment from early in 2011. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr Reddy, his skill as a surgeon and the management of the overall procedure.

One of the most reassuring elements of the process was that Dr Reddy will not simply treat anyone who wishes to address hair loss. He is only prepared to work with patients who have a realistic prospect of good results. Please be reassured that this does not mean that should you have already suffered significant loss you will not be considered. Instead, Dr Reddy is more concerned with the quality of the donor area, as it is this that will determine the degree of likely success of the FUE procedure.

I was fortunate in having a donor area that was sufficient in terms of density with the likelihood of good quality grafts and this meant that Dr Reddy was willing to undertake the procedure. However, I was aware of a number of people who had consultations with Dr Reddy at a similar time who were refused treatment because their expectations could not be met by the available donor area. I found this reassuring – undergoing the procedure was not simply a case of having the money.

Dr Reddy & his team demonstrate a remarkable degree of skill, diligence and patience in ensuring that the process

is undertaken in an effective, efficient and well coordinated way.

I continue to be very pleased with the results and feel fortunate to have been treated by such a highly skilled surgeon.

Edited by redsfan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jinemed hair restoration in turkey is a no no - they dont tell you what is going to happen , you have no pre consultation the dr comes in only when the donor area has been shaved and the hairs taken out so he only inserts the hairs then he leaves. Most of the hair was on the floor. There is no follow up and no calls to see how i was doing. I complained to the uk representative and still no follow up. The hair is growing but i dont know what i should expect or if i looked after things well in the beginning. All in all not a nice experience a very lonely one indeed!

How about the results of your transplantation there, any good are you happy?

Sound strange that the operation can be done any time (as I was said, come even tomorrow was told) , but if doc does not do it so no wonders, I think that doc can have 3 or 4 operation at the same time and all jobs are made by technicians with no high quality no supervision at all strange place, that's why price so attractive they make the same money by quantity (no sure about quality), could you say about that quality, I do not care so much about full service they provide (accommodation, transfer etc) but the main thing - hairs - are they ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Think hard before doing anything. The promises far exceed the results from what I have seen. Unless the doc has picked you to be in one of his on site pics, your results will not be the same as what is portrayed on their website. I know this.

I recommend to those who are going to be completely bald, get an HT in the temple area. Bring the side hair forward, then get a really good toupee. I see really good ones, or maybe they are hair systems. They always appear obvious due to how far back the side hair is. Get those temple points put back, and the look will work.

I have been a victim of AHS Delhi, I have undergone their Laser Therapy and wasted my Rs. 1,09,000 plus taxes for no result. They had cheated me. During my fight with them to get a refund, I had developed an understanding regarding this industry and how AHS is looting people.

AHS guys will offer you a ten months (or more) Laser Therapy which they claims its a patented procedure, which is actually not. When I asked them to show me the patent number and patent documentation with US Patent department, they were not able to do so.

Second they gave me a formula (kind of oil) to put in my hair/scalp, which is nothing but Minoxidil (brand name- Mintop 5% or 10%) for Rs. 1,09,000 and lied to me that its a research of their own. (Mintop is easily available over the counter for some Rs. 500 to 900).

Mintop is a solution which helps to regulate blood vessels on the scalp and in some way it gives good result for the first few months but a point of time comes when it also stops working. (Google Minoxidil, its side effects for better understanding). Minoxidil is not advisable to children.

Secondly they will ask you to visit studio 3-4 times in a month to sit under a machine which expose ur scalp to laser rays, problem is AHS has bought laser machines from China and u never knows the wavelength of laser rays falling on ur head.

If you want to see their medical know how and how good they are, just ask them the wavelength of laser allowed for human exposure, they wont be able to tell you. Moreover, laser rays has zero to 1% effect on the follicle stimulation and brings no result for hair regrowth. I had wated my 10 months, when there was no result they asked me to take more sessions, which is completely impractical and out of medical dictionary.

For their Non Surgical procedure, which is nothing but a WIG imported from Hong Kong, from some Bonnie, they again lie for it and say that it comes from US/UK/Australia lab. they say they will take 3-4 months to prepare it for you however if you insist them that u need it within a month and its very urgent, they will say OK we will provide you in a month but on extra cost, How come it will be manufactured with in a month now when systematic operating time is 3-4 months, will they compromise the quality or something, no cause its readily available and they will put that WIG on ur head which was ordered for some one else, so NO POINT saying its being manufactured especially for you and giving you the exactly same/identical Human Virgin hair.

For Surgical procedure, FUE/FUT, first of all they will promote FUT cause Dr. Manoj Khanna, or Dr. Amit Gupta dont have expertise on FUE method. If you insist then they will say yes for FUE which will be done by Dr. Amit Gupta, who is a beginner for FUE surgery. Means you become the guinea pig (experiment animal) for them to test and try and improve their skills on ur head to become the expert for FUE.

FUT is a method where in they will cut ur scalp with a sharp scalpel, and lot of blood oozes out. They have cameras installed in every nook and corner, even in Operation theatre, ask them to show you the live surgery, or go and stand in the OT to see it how painful the procedure is. Even u cant see it when they inject local anaesthesia in ur scalp, its 4-5 full syringe injection. They can only plant 300-400 graft,and they would claim that they have transplanted 5000-6000 follicles.

Ask any plastic surgeon, and they will tell u that its not possible to transplant 5000-6000 follicles in one session, its always grafts which is transplanted (Each graft contains 2-3 follicles). So they are not the experts, but they cheat people with fake pics of Jacues Kallis, and Saurav Ganguli. For Ganguly they will even show you the contract which is fake. We guys fall prey due to swanky interiors and our need to check the hair loss.

FYI

Hair loss can never be stopped, its a medical condition which could only be delayed through Minoxildil 10% but due care and medical practioner advixe has to be taken before using tropical/oral minoxidil. It will work for the first few months and then stop working later on as nothing goes inside of our skin.

WIG/CLIP wig/ better than AHS is available at many other companies at a much much lower price, you only need to check which company suits your needs.

For Surgery, you need to meet the experts from AIIMS or any other better hospital to seek advise for FUE or FUT. FUE is better when done by robots.

however if there is Alopecia arreata/totalis/universalis, nothing will work, one has to wear a wig coz thats a disease and nothing works.

If you want to check this Dr. Manoj Khanna credentials (AHS much touted surgeon), google his name, you will find his own clinic in Kolkata, and there he perform surgery at Rs. 30-40 per follicle then why he charges for the same procedure at Rs. 100-150 per follicle at AHS. Now you can undrstand the nexus and crookedness of these AHS and Manoj Khanna.

Dr. Amit Gupta (of AHS) is a local Delhi surgeon who again runs his private clinic in South X Delhi, and he performs surgery at Rs. 10-30 per follicle at his clinic.

Dr. Gowda (of AHS) is a local Bangalorian and he has done not more than 10 surgeries. At his private clinic Dr Gowda charges Rs 10 per graft (means 2-3 follicle).

Now just imagine, if they have told you for 5000 follicle, you will end up paying Rs. 7.5 lakhs @Rs. 150 per follicle rate for Dr. Manoj Khanna where as same will cost you Rs. 2 lakhs for 5000 follicles @ Rs. 40 per follicle at his Kolkata clinic.

So why AHS is charging 5.5 lakhs more for no extra services and facilities??? Coz they are thugs and dacoits.

AHS

Dr.Batra's

A's Clinic

they are all the gang of crooked people and they take advantage of our psychological bent of mind towards HAIR and our physical appearance. I dnt think that you will RISK ur health and Life for the sake of appearance until and unless you really have met the right surgeon.

I appreciate the information by the B Spot & Hairbank...they bring up good questions and really, "the proof is in the pudding" show the pictures. Talk is cheap. I too was considering several MD's mentioned but will now take the time to research past performances. thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Due to money aspects I have decided my procedure must be done in India. I can not go through FUT again as they did a poor job. I will like to know the best surgeons in India in terms of results and know how in the field of ;plug correction, getting the most out of donor hair(i suffer from retrograde alopecia as seen),and one who can work well with caucasian patients.

hair.jpg.25e3d35518476beab58729e57ebcb6e1.jpg

Hell All,

I stay in bangalore , India , and looking for HT.

I spoke to Dr.Kishore Babu , New you clinic , bangalore and he suggested me to got for 2500 gft for a good result.

i was very much happy after consulting with him. nice guy and very knowledgeable.

I like to know if anyone under gone HT through New you clinic , bangalroe... if YES then could you please let me know the review.

And what is the expected price he can charge .

Thanks

All for the help