What is FIT??

Hi,

I just had a email consultation with Dr Cole for FIT, I dont understand what that is? He quoted me 600 grafts .. when other doctors quoted me 1800 grafts for FUE. Whats the difference between these two?

Is dr cole good is he in America or UK?

Waiting for replyies.

thanks

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

hairdude,

Procedurally, there is no difference between FUE (follicular unit extraction) and FIT (follicular isolation technique). I even have heard people referring to a "new" technique used by Dr. Cole called CIT (Cole isolation technique).

No matter which way you slice it and no matter what you call it, it is referring to the same surgical technique where follicular unit grafts are isolated with a surgical extraction tool and removed one at a time.

The surgical instrument will vary between hair transplant clinics. Some refer to it by its original name "FIT" whereas others refer to it as "FUE".

Be careful not to buy into the hype that FIT or CIT is an improved form of FUE because this is not true.

Learn more about FIT Vs FUE.

Best wishes,

Bill

cole said i need like 600 fit.

and others like armani, dr white said i need like 2000k grafts

Can anyone say anything about these figures? Dr cole said they dont slice the roots all are put in n stead of fue? i dunno

waiting for reply.

Propecia .5mg

hairdude,

Unfortunately, given legal concerns with Dr. AP on the advise of our attorney we do not host any posts on our forum that reference him. Therefore, I removed reference to him on your above post.

If you can post some pictures, our members may be able to help make a proper evaluation of how many follicular unit grafts you may need in order to achieve appropriate hair coverage and adequate hair density.

Please understand however, that estimates given by patient members should only be used as a guide and not taken as accurate surgical advice.

If you can elaborate on what you mean when Dr. Cole said "they don't slice the roots all are put in instead of FUE". In all honesty, I have no idea what that means.

Bill

You have to be careful when choosing a doc, especially with fue.

Fit is simply the extraction method coupled with proprietary tools created by Dr.'s Rose and Cole--- As Bill alluded to, Dr. Cole has now renamed his procedure CIT-- which I have not seen.

You need to be careful when choosing a fue doc--there are those who will over-quote you grafts and there are those who will use larger extraction tools to make the process easier.

Please consider my advice and continue researching your options-- Dr. Feller, Dr. Wolf, Dr. Harris,Dr. Rose and Dr. Bisanga would be good choices to start.

Then you can make an informed decision

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Dr ARmani is good for FUE too i heard.

Flac how do I add pics.. I will attach here see how i go.. please let me know estimate of grafts.

Yeah the email I got from Dr Cole about 600 fit grafts : it says

I wrote, you guys only quoted me 600 grafts but other surgeons quoted me like over 1800-2500 grafts.

the reply i got from Dr Cole office :

That's because other doctors split the follicular units and we don't....

I dont understand??

anyway plz help with the estimate i have attached pics below

picture067dp3.jpg

picture069lc3.jpg

p1060016sp3.jpg

Propecia .5mg

Guest josh - b

hairdude,

It looks to me that you've got a good head of hair overall but with some pronounced temporal recession.

It really depends on how low you want your hairline. When u did your online consultations did u draw a proposed hairline?

If not, then doctors are really just taking a stab in the dark based on what they think u might want, hence the varying estimates.

Also if you're looking at fue/fit/cit or whatever name some doctors want to call it then i would strongly suggest u consider b spots doctor recommendations.

I personally wouldn't consider either armani or cole for reasons discussed up and down all hair loss forums.

best of luck in your decision.

Thanx for replying, what you mean by B spots doctors recommendations?

No I didn't add any lines to the pics, just sent them in.. I lost fair bit from the sides, wanna get them done.. the front looks ok, abit receding hairline..

I dont know which doctor to decide. Dr armani comes at the top of my list but he says u need like 2ooo grafts.

ahh.

Dr Woods is to expensive for 500 grafts $8500. fue

any ideas ..

Propecia .5mg

Hi hairdude,

B Spot is an experienced forum member and also consults for Dr. Shapiro. He recommended above that if you are looking into FUE/CIT/FIT, then begin researching Dr. Feller, Dr. Wolf, Dr. Harris,Dr. Rose and Dr. Bisanga. These guys all use less than 1mm extraction tools which helps minimise donor scarring. Further, they have a track record of good results with this technique along with solid ethics.

I believe that what Dr. Cole seems to be alluding to in his email is than his new CIT technique avoids transecting the follicules. However, if you choose any of the aforementioned Drs. they will all produce high graft survival of likely > 95%.

From your pics it seems you will just require hairline work. This will require mostly single hair grafts with perhaps some 2's in behind. So the reference to splitting grafts should not be relevant here sice they should all be singles. Again, any of the above Drs will give you good results.

You need to continue to research and become comfortable with each Dr. Use this forum along with others to understand each Drs. reputations and profiles. This will help you make a more educated decision.

good luck.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

The message is not about transection so much as it is about splitting grafts into smaller units. It is also an exaggeration.

It is absurd to suggest that all surgeons split grafts. Some do, certainly, but not all...not by a long shot. I have noticed many of Dr. Shapiro's patients posting their graft numbers and also their hair numbers. The average of hairs per graft is almost always over 2. This is my experience with Dr. Rose as well. You cannot split grafts and, at the same time, get 2+ hairs per graft in most of your patients.

By the way, if 600 "special" grafts can look the same as 2,000 "normal" graft, does that mean 1,800 "specials" can look like 6,000? How about 3,600 "special" grafts? Do they look like 12,000 "normal" grafts? That is silly, unless you are getting "plugs".

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hairdude,

Feel free to read my thoughts I've addressed to you in another post on Dr. Armani.

I also went back and edited your post so your pictures are now showing up on our forum.

Some physicians may split follicular unit grafts but for Dr. Cole to suggest that all do, in my opinon, is another example of his lack of ethics.

B Spot gave you a list of surgeons to consider researching for FUE. I agree that they would be a great start.

It is important to look for evidence of consistent positive results.

Based on the pictures you have provided, depending on your goals, in my opinion, approximately 1500-2000 grafts (keeping to a conservative hairline and reserving your donor supply) will give you a pretty nice result.

Best wishes,

Bill

When Dr. Cole said "they don't slice the roots all are put in instead of FUE". I can only assume he was suggesting his new CIT allows for less transection.

Hairdude goes on to mention that Dr. Coles office explained their lower graft estimation by "because other doctors split the follicular units and we don't.... " Which is clearly about spliting grafts.

If we are talking only of the top doctors as mentioned then neither of these issues are relevant IMO.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

If we are talking only of the top doctors as mentioned then neither of these issues are relevant IMO.

Bingo.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.