UK BALDYS....

please..., the farjo bully telling me what to do and telling me i stir things. get a life you bully.

for your information i am allowed to ask questions and look into various clinics. some have been kind enough to offer me advice and even free surgery. i am here asking simple questions, very simple ones infact.

this is NOTHING to do with you (although i am surprised you stayed away this long) so just leave me alone.

i am allowed to ask questions in order to make sure i am making the right decison whatever that is. if i ask questions that are simply answered why am i stiring, what am i stiring??

maybe you can answer the questions for mick as you are obviously assosiated with them. they are very easy so i am sure you will be able to.maybe not the one about richies consultation though as i already know the answer to that ;-)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

balody,

Frog is entitled to ask questions. In fact, his last line of questions were very polite and respectful in my opinion.

Let's try to put the past behind and move forward.

Mick,

I encourage you also to overlook the past accusations and address questions legitimately asked, no matter who the source and how the past was handled.

Frog,

I agree, you are entitled to ask questions.

a commend you Bill for finally standing up and demaning something from this clinic as surely its one thing to be recommended as coalition... but is that it now...the hard work done... do clinics not have to provide information to perspective patients on request instead of excuses after excuses by dancing round simple questions.

Pat and I stand behind the fact that the work being produced by the Farjo Clinic is quality and deserving of the Coalition. We would not have admitted them otherwise. However, you are entitled to ask any question, voice any concern, and share your experience in our open discussion forum.

If I had to guess, Mick might not be addressing your legitimate questions properly because of the previous disrespect and accusations. This is why I have encouraged him to move forward and leave the past behind.

I think it is only appropriate to use Pat's closing line here...

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

the questions were only very simple ones regarding fue and the whole richie consultation seemed very suspicious to me... but i will let that go... as have since had the actual information given to me ..(not by mick);-)

simple questions still not answered..... <.<

hopefully mick mchugh can return and answer them once he has had chance to calmed down a little.

balody, you just keep digging that hole of yours ;-)

Hi Frog

Are you wanting to get your whole scar as it is fillled with fue or are you looking at getting some of it cut out if possible and then fue.

Whats the rest of your hair like ie where norton transplanted.

I hope you`re feeling ok and that you get sorted soon.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

thank you chucky for your supportive words, much appreciated. thank you also for your pm.

the transplants in the front are few and far between and not much to see there apart from a few stragglers. these can easily be hidden i believe with a little work in there. the scar is my main issue and frustrates me so much to think of the donor wasted and the large scar to show for my uk effort. thanks norton<.< <.<

i really want the scar filling in with fue i do not want to risk another strip surgery especially after what happen before. i know a different top doc could do a much better scar (he would have to be on LSD to make it any worse) but i just do not want another strip. i have contacted a few leading clinics ones that offer strip and strip/fue to get opinions. a couple of clinics have kindly been in contact with me regarding free scar revision as they have read my story. i intend to try meet with one of them to discuss what could be done.

some clinics have been tremendously helpful which i am very thankful for ..., some on the other hand have not been very helpful at all<.<

i have never asked for free surgery once but have been offered it kindly.this has been for scar revison though but this is not what i want, i really want fue into my scar at least some anyway to test the success and break up the huge void.

this is why i have tried to ask about fue mainly here. i am more than willing to travel and know i have to as no one offers fue here, not successfully anyway from what i have read. i really wish a clinic here in the uk could offer it then i could test the success of it into my scar.

i will keep you informed icon_smile.gif

No problem mate.

I know what you`re going through and understand why you ask so many questions regarding procedures and seeking advice.

Unfortunately you will always get unsympathetic people who don`t wish to help you but they are in the minority and should be ignored.

Re the doctors that have offered advice and help,have any shown you similar scar repair pictures with fue.I know you will not want to post the doctors names who have offered their services to you freely but if they read this i commend you.

Where about in the UK are you as i`m in Newcastle and if convenient i dont mind meeting up for a chat.

Keep your chin up and try to be positive as i`m sure you will get that scar repaired.

cheers Bri

Hi Frog, im in a similar situation to you, although my scar is not as bad as yours. I would NEVER risk letting any UK clinic attempt to repair me. I've yet to read anything that has persuaded me otherwise. Unfortunately we were butchered by the very worst and we need to be repaired by the very best, which sadly it seems is not to be found in the UK.

why does it seem there is such a shortage of good ht docs in the UK?

I started this thread as a brain storm stupid post and Im suprised how many guys from the UK post.

I just don't get why there aren't many good docs over there. Or at least thats the way it seems reading posters on the forum.At least you guys have such a fantastic exchange rate right now.You can get a ht, a vacation, and a tan all in the same trip.

Hi ng2gb

Its not a stupid post,it may go off track from time to time like a lot of posts do but i agree with you with the current exchange rate us Brits have it good when travelling to North america.

In some peoples opinions there are good docs in the UK,some on the net and maybe some who are not but for myself i want the very best hair transplant possible.Therefor in my opinion after doing so much research and all the photos and feedback on the forums i have come to the conclusion that i have to travel to North America to achieve the best possible results available at the present time.

Others may disagree but the consistent good results i see from certain North American doctors gives me the feeling of security,trust,comfort ,etc knowing i will be getting my hair transplant from a world class doctor.

Undoubtably there are great doctors in other parts of the world but as stated the exchange rate is so good and i personnally like many other Brits quite like you Americans .(Blair+Bush) icon_smile.gif

Hi Frog, im in a similar situation to you, although my scar is not as bad as yours. I would NEVER risk letting any UK clinic attempt to repair me. I've yet to read anything that has persuaded me otherwise. Unfortunately we were butchered by the very worst and we need to be repaired by the very best, which sadly it seems is not to be found in the UK.

i wish a uk clinic could repair me but sadly they can't even answer simple questions and just like to burry their heads in the sand on certain things which doesn't really install much confidence...does it! sad really icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

where are you planning on getting repaired?

thanks again chucky, you are a very kind poster and a great help to the forum icon_smile.gif

this topic basically highlighted not only the price difference between the uk and us but the class difference more importantly. the uk has non icon_frown.gif

In some peoples opinions there are good docs in the UK,some on the net and maybe some who are not but for myself i want the very best hair transplant possible.Therefor in my opinion after doing so much research and all the photos and feedback on the forums i have come to the conclusion that i have to travel to North America to achieve the best possible results available at the present time.

I believe based on what I have seen that the Farjo clinic is performing high quality ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation and can compete with some of the best in North America.

BUT, I agree that it is up to the Farjo clinic to answer and address patient questions, concerns, and continually display evidence of the quality of their results.

Mick does on occasion post hair transplant photos in the "hair transplant patient photo albums" section of the forum.

See his recent posted photo album 3009 Grafts with Dr. Farjo. These are only immediately postoperative pictures for now however, I trust that he will keep us posted on the results.

Bill

BUT, I agree that it is up to the Farjo clinic to answer and address patient questions, concerns, and continually display evidence of the quality of their results.

i agree but i think its clear they do not want to answer any questions,even simple ones, which reflect very badly on them don't you think?

still waiting patiently for some answers to basic questions...... still icon_eek.gif

mick mchugh still has time to post pictures though.......

i agree but i think its clear they do not want to answer any questions,even simple ones, which reflect very badly on them don't you think?

I believe that Mick took personal offense to your initial approach and that has tainted his desire to answer your questions.

At the same time, I have encouraged him to put aside personal differences and address your legitimate questions.

I also know that he is busy and most likely not seeing these posts. This is why I still encourage you to at least send him a private message to let him know that you have legitimate questions.

For good measure, you may want to apologize for giving him a hard time BUT be clear that you have some legitimate questions/concerns you'd really like him to address.

In my opinion, Mick is a good guy but he does take things too personal sometimes. Don't we all?

Bill

yes Bill i did see you have requested a response several time also...well he did reply to a couple of questions which didn't really clarify anything to do with richie48's consultation after my initial questions and i did let that go and asked a couple of others fue questions which related to the fue procedure they (did) offer. the questions were simple and i was actually insulted by him myself as i do not appreciate being called a moaning patient as he referred to me. but i will take the higher ground in persuit of the answers to my questions here.

if i did offend you mick mchugh i do apologise. i only require the answers to my fue questions and feel that it is important they are answered here as it would help make some sense out of richies consultation and my other questions here. i don;t see why they are so hard to answer. again i will stop "moaning" and wait for your reply patiently.

1. you were offering fue previously then and not long ago? why not now?

2. what were your charges for it..did you offer it at only ??3 a graft, the same price as strip?

3. do you have any fue pictures to share?

4. why did richie have no idea he was getting offered fue... do you refer to it as something else?

I think its very important to be fair to Frog and others that the answers are given to certain questions and those answers be given by Mick here ,publicly . I feel i should post after watching this topic, as the topic came about from my personal consultation with Farjo.

During the consult FUE was never mentioned , and only mentioned several months later, after i made my first post here. I was contacted by Mick directly by phone immediately after i made the post .

I see why Frog is frustrated with these questions not being answered ,to be fair to him, as being bitten before by the industry he requires confirmation on the facts ,as he has previously been told one thing and very clearly not been given that promise ,in terms of the results given to him. He went to a notorious bad UK clinic and recieved a poor surgery and for that we should give a little sympathy to his suspicions .

Its a little like turning up for a session thinking your are getting one thing and then in actual fact the goal posts are moved at the 11thhour..heard this happens,no shit !... image that, very concerning and i think this is the concern Frog has. So in order to quosh the concern he needs direct answers to his questions, which are very reasonable and shouldn't be difficult to answer , otherwise who can we trust??

I was very confused by Micks phone call out the blue to inform me that the quote given several months before was actually... FUE. Did they offer FUE, I do not think so to be honest. It did seems strange to receive a call months later just after a post i made .

FUE was never mentioned once and i knew nothing of FUE at the time and i have no problem mentioning that here as it is the reason this topic has continued and the reason its still unresolved. The price was never referred to as FUE and the price offered to me corresponded with the strip price so i had no reason to think it wasn't strip that i was recieving .

If i had turned up for a surgery would it have been strip or FUE??..... i honestly do not know and i truly think this is Frogs issue at the end of the day, and it is a serious concern.

It no longer bothers me one way or the other and i am not here to create friction but help out by giving the readers the facts on it all as i see it. I have moved past it and have since had my situation resolved with Dr Feller . I think Farjo offer some good results for some patients but the less than average cases might cause them some trouble and i think they viewed my case as "just too much trouble" .

Mick was nice enough , but in terms of me coming away correctly informed ,well perhaps if he had just said they didn't want to do it it would have been alot more honest .

Frog i wish you all the best with your pursuit your repair and i hope you get some resolve as you deserve it bud . Let me know if you need any help .I do not like to see guys get fobbed off and ,in all honestly i think that has happened here, regardless of anyone's feelings ,this is a HT forum to ask HT questions.

I hope my response provides Frog and others with the answers to the questions as i too would be interested to hear the answers, as still confused over my "FUE" consultation at Farjo.

good luck brother

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Richie,

Thanks for your post.

I believe that Frog has every right to ask questions to whomever he wishes publicly. I agree also that they should be addressed openly and honestly.

This is indeed an open hair restoration forum where questions and concerns should be heard, discussed, and answered if possible.

I will send an email to Mick with a request to respond openly to your and Frog's concerns.

Bill

richie48, i don't know what to say other than THANK YOU for your very honest and VERY helpful post here. It has confirmed many things which i had thought. you are a true brother and i only wish more patients/posters were able to be as honest here in order to actually establish the truth about what is going on instead of trying to get blood out of a stone and deflected questions in the hope it will all go away.

Bill, to my knowledge you have tried several times to asked mick mchugh to come on here and reply (be careful you might get told you are like a dog with a bone as i do) but he is obviously ignoring you,.. why? richie has quite obviously seen this topic and the frustration caused by micks actions. does he have a public answer for him? he has time to come on and post pictures in the mean time but not reply here where his response is most needed and has requested several times.

you know what i do not need an answer anymore here from him as i know the answers as by him not even attempting to help and the richie post only confirms what i thought but hoped wasn't true.

Bill you might actually want to look into this deeper as surely there is a bigger issue going on if you read richies posts re quotes and type of surgery offered...?! this seems to have been dismissed ..

richie clearly understands my concerns about being told one thing by people and actually getting something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!.this is why i need answers to various questions. regardless of which clinic anyone goes to we surely have a right to ask different clinics different questions especially if they are acknowledged on here as reputable...hard to believe sometimes which ones are....

what if this was a patient whos intial consult was with shapiro, rahal, feller, hw and they all quoted something then told that patient months later ..oh actually it was for a different type of surgery that we never even spoke about at the consultation in the hope it makes the patient understand prior to exposing it on the forum...... there would be an outcry and this is the issue here.. the one that has been confirmed by the patient himself and the one that should be addressed. not here as its pointless but i think Bill you need to do more than request a reply.

I want you all to know that I've been in touch with Mick and he does intend to address these concerns shortly.

Mick assures me that he has not intentionally avoiding these questions and agrees that it is long overdue for these outstanding issues to be put to rest.

I encourage those participating to speak openly and honestly. But let's also be careful not to make assumptions on either side. When in doubt, ask!

Best wishes,

Bill

Frog,

No need to apoligise,though as Bill and I have said previously I sometimes take things personally and I think it's the Irish blood in me that makes me sometimes see red. Especially when I feel it is unjustified and because of the anonymity of the internet.

The reason we no longer offer FUE is simply that we have had such a low demand that we cannot justifiably call our selves experts or world class as we feel that we are with strip surgery. We had been doing it although on a small scale for about two years but if we don't practice it on a regular basis how can we justifiably offer it.This view may change in the future but I believe that Pat has identified some excellent clinics for those who would not necessarily want to travel to the States.

Regarding Richie at the consultation Dr Farjo did in fact discuss both strip and FUE, I have confirmed this by looking again at his notes. Remember it was a few months after that I spoke to him and it can be easy to miss some points. Regarding prices when I rang him it was to actually check it was him.re FUE or strip I did not have his notes with me Looking afterwards the price I said was for strip not FUE a stupid mistake really especially because it is patently obvious that we would charge more for FUE than strip..Richie though had already had his surgery and there was I thought no need to clear up my error.Also because of what I thought was constant badgering from Frog and what I read as constant disregard to what we were capable of I just would not respond to the full information. This was not trying to hide something, just me being a bit of a prat which we are all capable of being sometimes.

I have asked a few patients re FUE pictures but have had no joy, though if this changes I am happy to add them to our list.

For the record we now charge ??2.95 for the first 2000 and ??1 thereafter and this will normally include travel and accommodation where appropriate.

Finally I apologise for not being so forthcoming but here are the answers that should finally put this topic to bed. Frog if you would still like to come to see us please e mail me at mick@farjo.com and I will make the arrangements as Dr Farjo may have other options that could help with your situation.

I am away on some projects for the next week and i do not as i have said many times come on this site that much at the moment.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

i find this a little weird in all honesty that after all this time after all the posts and requests for answers ever since richies original post months ago which was brought back up as a reference that this is the response now.why not before...... icon_eek.gif maybe Bill will accept this and it will get brushed away or locked or baldy will pop on to say "thanks for clearing this up mick, good job" who knows, but to be honest it still doesn't ring true and still smells off... no one else smell it?? there has benn so many opportunities to clear this up that i can't quite get my head round this reply from mick... he is away again now for several weeks on "projects" so another way to hope it goes away maybe...

mick called richie straight after richie posted for a start, his number... not on his chart with all his info. why so quick to say it was def fue when fue isn't offered regualry at farjo then, it still seems strange, even stranger this was not confirmed previously and more or less immediately.

richie also said a number of times fue was never mentioned.....

also the quote for 500 grafts was for strip then after all , but is it ethical to perform a strip now days for only 500 grafts??

Bill your thoughts on this please.

This is my last post potentially on this and this forum as i already know the answer coming .... "get the broom!" icon_wink.gif