UK BALDYS....

I was just thinking to myself, given the current exchange rate you guys could come out to the U.S. have a great vacation and buy a shit load of hair from a top surgeon... I always hear complaints that there aren't any good docs in the U.K. now is a great time to come out here for anyone in Europe.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just thinking to myself, given the current exchange rate you guys could come out to the U.S. have a great vacation and buy a shit load of hair from a top surgeon... I always hear complaints that there aren't any good docs in the U.K. now is a great time to come out here for anyone in Europe.

it is far cheaper to have the very best in the world perfom your surgery than a recommended clinic in the uk. this only helps as we are very limited to good tranplant surgeons here. the ?? is very strong at the moment but has been for a while now. i think this only helps as its not the fact surgery is ??1000's cheaper for uk people who travel to the u.s for a transplant but also 1000's x better!! i wish i had known this as i has always thought the best in the u.s would have been ??1000's more ...dooh!

its ??3 a graft here and about ??2 in the us with a top surgeon so on a 2000 graft surgery thats about ??2000 or $4000 cheaper to go to u.s for uk guys icon_eek.gif

cost is a big thing for me as i wasted ?????????? on a huge scar here in the uk and don't have a great deal of cash now thanks to the clinic that did me over icon_mad.gif

Your not kidding ng2gb ,when i came over to New York to have hair surgery with Dr Feller in november 2007 the exchange rate was even better ,the UK?? was 0.475 to the US$ .

That ment you could get US $2.1 to UK ??1 .

Dr Feller did 2100 grafts and charged me $7850 ,that worked out to be ??3728 .

That is $3.70 or ??1.77 per graft .

As a direct comparison against UK prices ,in february 2007 i was quoted ??1750 for 500 grafts at the Farjo medical centre in Manchester ,this was later reduced to ??1500 .I was contacted recently by Mick Mchugh and informed this was for a FUE instead of a strip proceedure ,but i wasn't aware of this at the time and i had never asked for FUE instead of strip .

Even at ??1500 that would have cost me ??3 per graft ,that is $6.30 per graft !!!!

As far as hair transplant costs go ,it is plain to see that it is definatly hell of a lot cheaper to go to the states and see Dr Feller than to stay in the UK .

And we get ripped off for petrol (gasoline) too , shite country !

hahahahah

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

so they quoted you ??3 a graft for 500 grafts which is the price they charge for strip. i was told by the farjo clinic to look into clinics other than theirs for fue so presumed they do not do it...do they then... if they offered it to you they must do, and if so it is the same price as strip? ??3? Can we see some pics of their fue at least???

Seems funny they offered you fue but they didn't discuss it was going to be fue with you... and how fue is the same price as strip. icon_confused.gif

even so ??1500 for 500 (??3) grafts compared to your 2100 for ??3700 and as i saidbefore thats not even comparing the quality of the transplant..

• 4 weeks later...

Still no answer......

forgive me for asking a question <.< i am moaning am i mick?? (really professional comment on other topic), sorry.. i only wanted to gain information which you appear to be not very forth coming with. you appear to want to step round this and other questions... that is clear enough. i only asked it here as it was ignored on the other topic, surely it warrants an answer as the guy that had the consultation himself was very confused over the quote and that fue was offered to him at the same price as strip even though fue was never discussed ... yes i was dissapointed that you could not provide me with any strip scar pictures...sorry again for asking you a question<.< i only wanted to establish that you do not offer fue like you told me in the email you sent me but yet you offered it to the other guy... at the same price a strip.

if my questions prove a problem for you i am sorry. i am not moaning <.<.... just looking for a direct answer.... maybe you can give me one finally on this particular topic..?

My understanding of the Farjo clinic is they only do strip method and not fue. It is a possibility that the consultant mis-spoke on the fue, or the prospective patient heard incorrectly. At least that's the logical explanation I came up with after reading both threads.

Sorry janna but i am the guy who was quoted and there was no mistake on my part ,so let me clear this up for you ,

After i had hair surgery of 2100 graft into my crown with Dr Feller on november the 2nd 2007 i posted my experience and hair jouney on this and another forum in the UK ,in this i stated that i had a consultation with farjo on feb 14th 2007 and they quoted me ??1750 for 500 grafts into my crown ,they advised me to stay on meds ( i'd started with propicea in june 2006 ) until the end of 2007 then come back for another consultation ,Dr Bessem Farjo and mick mchugh did my consult ,within this meeting the price dropped to ??1500 for the 500 crown grafts ,can't remenber why ,i payed ??45 for my consultation .

When i posted this infomation i was immediatly contacted via pm from mick mchugh ,he questioned when i had been ,i informed him of the date and time also that i had evidence due to me keeping corrospondance and my appointment card .

Mick apologised for seeming like he was questioning my integrety and looked up my details ,he found my details and then rung me on my mobile phone (cell phone ), it was then that he remembered me and said the price was for fue and not strip ,this was never discust at my consultation and i was compeletly unaware i had been quoted for fue .

Mick apologised for any confusion and wished me well after my surgery with Dr Feller ,Dr Bessam and Mick Mchugh seemed professional , however after more research i realised i needed more density to compliment my excisting hair as i wear my hair longer ,and decided to go with Dr Feller .

here's a link to the origional thread ,hope that clears up any confusion.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152301

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Thanks Richie for the clarification. I skimmed through the link provided and I was able to see pics from your ht. Looks like good quality work. I think you'll have a great outcome.

So, now we're waiting for the Farjo clinic to clarify if they perform fue? And if they don't, why did they quote you a fue price? Am I catching on yet?

maybe i should answer it. the way i now see it is mick mchugh is obviously still not prepared to answer the question.

it seems richie went to him for a qoute (500 grafts) and he completely under quoted. this is confirmed by comparing the work richie actualy had done (2100). 2100 grafts is a very big session for farjo on all accounts and maybe they were not prepared to give the patient the number actually needed. more than 500 was definately needed as seen form the pictures and fellers work.

richie came onto the forum and shared his information about his research and experiences which exposed farjos inadequate estimate (500 grafts) which to any novice viewing can see would have done next to nothing in the large area needing work.

this is the issue that is trying to be covered up

once exposed for the very low estimate and the expensive price quoted to richie by mick he tried to cover it up as he didn't want it to look like the advice offered to him was totally incorrect. he thought the best way to do this was to inform him privately by phone call that the surgery offered to him(500 grafts) was actually fue to try salvage the situation.

unfortunately for mick muchugh though is that

1. fue was never discussed with richie so he says at the consultation(only when mick mchugh rang him up directly after richie posted here, possibly in an attempt to save embarresment)

2. farjo do not actually offer fue from what i have been told by them

3. the price qouted to him for the 500 grafts was the exact same price as the price the clinic offer for strip(??3 a graft). no clinic in the world that genuinely offers fue.. offer it at the same price as strip(maybe i am wrong...do farjo?)

this is the way i see it and due to the fact there has been not one answer given to this question for some time it looks very suspicious, its maybe because its a very tricky one to answer without actually giving the game away<.<

a guy has a consult(richie) with a clinic that doesn't offer fue (farjo) and fue is never discussed at the consultation. he is quoted a small session at the price of a strip surgery and a few months later after he comes onto the forum to share his story about the consultation and the clinic the rep actually calls him direct(doesn't post for all of us to see) to explain that in actual fact it was a quote for fue.......

if this quote was for fue and i have it completely wrong then maybe mick mchugh can explain:

1.why fue was never discussed at the consult

2.why was the price quoted the same price as your strip price.

3. why was the patient phoned directly and not just addressed on the topic as is normally done.

4. why was the patient only quoted 500 grafts for an area that required much more to make any difference whatsoever.

5. do you have other fue cases to present here if actually offering fue.

6. why was this question not answered sooner and only deflected...only adding to the suspision. (hence this post to help clarify a few things)

7. do you publically call all perspective patient who ask the same question directly to you more than once MOANERS?...<.<

i have been deceived before by this industry and its stuff like this which makes it very hard to trust anyone <.<

richie if reading this can you cast your opinion on it also.. as it is about you after all.

Bill i think this topic needs addressing once and for all, as surely you can see there is something going on here <.< it was a very simple question one which if i ask again will make me feel like i am moaning and we dont want that do we.....

Hi frog

I've posted the facts and i think people can make up there own minds ,i know they're guys who have had good sugeries and good results from farjo and are happy with them and i don't want to be accuse of starting any arguments .

Rigth now i'm recovering from a third reconstructive surgery to save my leg after my accident racing my motorcycle in august so i don't wish to have any aggravasion .

I've had my wrist slapped before on this forum for being too pro one clinic and disrespecting another ,this was the in the interest of fairness and i agreed with my repremand form Bill for my behaviour and don't wish to go down that road again .

That said there is still a lesson to be learnt from my experiences ,the day i left the farjo clinic i was over the moon ,??1500 for 500 grafts ,cheap for a full head of hair again ,i thougt, and set about saving up .

However when i learnt more from forums like this ,i calculated that ,with me being thin around my crowns with diffuse thinning infront of my crown area i would need atleast 40/50 grafts per cm to compliment my excisting hair ,mathmatically that equated to more than 2000 grafts to strenthen the whole area ,for me i still had alot of native hair left and wanted to fill in my crown with high density ,it was then that i started to consult different clinics ,hasson and wong ,rahal ,Dr Feller and even armarni ,i eventually chose Dr Feller ,had 2100 grafts which will give me well over 60 grafts per cm and very happy i am too ,i take 1.25 mg proscar daily with no side effects .

The farjo clinic showed concerns for future loss and perhaps, looking back seemed reluctant to do any work ,they were always polite and proffesional in the consult .

The lesson to be learnt from all of this is ,in my nieverty i would have parted with ??1500 and been dissapointed due to my high expectations when i didn't have the full head of hair i wanted ,all newbies should be aware of expectations and achievable results .

As for the price and being contacted later and informed it was for fue ,i don't understand that either ,like i said at the beging of this post ,people can make up there own minds .

just pics to show my hair loss and surgery

51.jpg25.jpg

I hope that helps

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Its no wonder i am

going grey, anyway to put this to bed finally 1. We did not want to operate on

a diffuse thinning crown. 2. Reasons; (a) Age (b) His family history indicated

that he could lose a lot more hair. © The length of time on medications was

not sufficient to judge benefits. 3. Dr Farjo agreed that he could do a very

small area to the safe zone of the crown but not on the whole area hence the

small number of grafts but as Richie pointed out Our preference was to wait and

review in several months before making a firm decision. Richie made up his own

mind to have a large session but that was his choice and he chose a top notch

doc.Different opinions will always be present when it comes to the crown. We

now do not offer FUE.Re the cost issue we have minimum charges. Frog if you

want to ask me anything please e mail me at the office rather than making

statements on here , summising what may or may not be between people.I am not

going to discuss specifics between patients here or anywhere else. Finally as i

have said previously i will not be on here much over next several weeks and i

never tend to look at the whole site so i missed this.Re your scar issue it may

be worth contacting the clinic's Pat mentioned in Europe

if you do not want to travel to the States. Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Frog,

I am tired of warning you about accusatory posts without evidence. Consider this your LAST warning.

As I have said before, you are welcome to ask anything you want but you are making assumptions and drawing conclusions about conversations between Richie and Mick? Were you present for these conversations?

Richie and Mick have already worked out the misunderstandings. What vested interest do you have anyway?

If you have legitimate questions for Mick that you feel must be addressed publicly, you are welcome to post them. I'd recommend also private messaging him to let him know you have asked him a public question.

In closing, I think you have summed up your feelings when you said:

i have been deceived before by this industry and its stuff like this which makes it very hard to trust anyone <.>

I can understand your feelings of hurt and skepticism. But don't make your trust issues somebody else's problems. If one girl broke your heart, would you stop trusting all women? It's common but unfortunate.

Live life, learn, and move on!

Bill

thanks for confirming things richie in a very diplomatic round about way.

thank you to mick for answering a couple of the questions also.

1. you were offering fue previously then and not long ago? why not now?

2. what were your charges for it..did you offer it at only ??3 a graft, the same price as strip?

3. do you have any fue pictures to share?

4. why did richie have no idea he was getting offered fue... do you refer to it as something else?

hope you do not see this as moaning again... just very interested.

Frog,

This is a much better way of asking questions. Thank you.

But since the Farjo clinic no longer performs FUE (from my understanding of the above), I doubt they care to produce photos.

I encourage you to ask questions that stick to the here and now and not long past. You are more likely to get answers that way.

You may want to private message Mick in order to let him know that you have asked him additional public questions.

Best wishes,

Bill

i would rather he answer them here as they are simple enough questions that i am sure many are interested to hear the answers to, especially q's 1, 2 + 4.

Also it would be good to see some mega session work rather than the 1 or 2 old ones that get referred to. i am interested because if farjo can do 3500/4000 regualrly then they must be able to produce the results regualrly like the other clinics do(even immediately post operative)if they can produce it rather than the very common 2000 session i might consider an in person consultation being they are in the uk. i do not need a mega session but it would be nice to know they have the ability to do it regualrly.

Bill, these questions are for farjo clinic, not you.

Frog,

I have to admit that i am rather bored with your constant slating of us on this site, as you have said several times you are saving up to go to the States.Any discussion between Richie and me is between Richie and me-not you or anyone else.i hope you finally will understand this point because i will not make any further comments on this.re photo's etc you fail to understand not all patients allow pictures to be shown, disguised or not.When they do and if i think they will help people i will put them upi dont care if thet are 200 or 3000, if they are relevant i will put them up.I have got at least 20 or more cases i could put up today.i will get round to it over the forthcoming weeks when i have more time.Janna made a great comment a while back on a case we put up of around 2800FUT i believe she said that she felt that this was a lot of hair.She is right.do not miss this point, if the result matches expectations and it took 2800 then this is better for the patient ,rather than overkill.

Finally there are lots of clinics here who do not regularly post patients results yet they do outstanding work.i believe in comparison to others we have been fairly regular on this point and will continue to do so.Finally ......,i am rather busy with other projects hence my response time.

Mick

Bill, point noted....still not burnt the rejigged films yet.i will e mail you Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Mick,

I do agree with frog that it would be helpful if patients saw more cases of your larger hair transplant sessions. I know you are busy but I too have been asking you for these.

Try to remember that the Farjo clinic has to BUILD their reputation online and doesn't only come from word of mouth.

Though I agree that frog's questions about your and Richie's conversation were inappropriate, his remaining questions and concerns are legitimate and valid.

I encourage you to put away the defensiveness and address public concerns. This will help build your online reputation. Remember that reputation isn't just about results, it's about how patients and perspective patients are treated.

Best wishes,

Bill

wow, ask a few staright forward questions and get a.... little sissy fit! calm down mick and just answer the questions asked of you,as isn't that your role for your clinic... its really not that hard is it...?

i think the cracks that appeared are now widening if you ask me.

can you at least anwser how much did you charge for fue and why do do not offer it any longer....?? the questions are simple enough arn't they??

also i do intend to get repaired in the us (i intend) i haven't yet . i ask questions to see if there is any way i can avoid having to do this. i am trying to establish if there is any clinic in the uk that can help me and save me the journey to the us... your help is less than inspiring to be honest and actually only enforces what i had previously read about you and your clinic. your responses clearly show why people travel to the us. i only hope that people who actually come to you at farjo are treated better and with some respect.

a commend you Bill for finally standing up and demaning something from this clinic as surely its one thing to be recommended as coalition... but is that it now...the hard work done... do clinics not have to provide information to perspective patients on request instead of excuses after excuses by dancing round simple questions.

frog,you really are like a dog with a bone.let it go.you need fue into the scar,mick has told you they dont practice fue.you said on numerous occasions the need to travel to get a result,so travel.you were going with rahal up until a few weeks back when you said you didnt have the money for a repair for a couple of years(i may be incorrect but im sure thats what i read).so therefor if you cant afford those cheaper than chips american/canadian docs,how are you going to afford the supposedly extortionate uk.so dont kid us your still interested in a consult with farjo,to be truthful if i was him i wouldnt touch you with a barge pole.as for respect for patients i can vouch for them as im sure would all the patients who have obviously had satisfying results there.i still think your on here to stir things up,prove me wrong by actually bringing something positive here.

sorry Bill.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.