5 month photos: posting one month early

My first photos appeared in this forum at 4 months post-op. At the time I said that I would post again when I reached the 6 month mark. But, my progress during the past month has been far greater than I expected. Undermined by chronic compromise in my ability to delay gratification, my exhibitionistic urges overwhelmed my sincere earlier intention to wait until month 6 to document my progress again. (Sorry, can you believe I have to write sentences like that for hours everyday?) So, the new photos post today.

This past week several friends commented on how thick my hair is getting. I also got my first "professional" haircut in 18 months. I wanted to wait to see if the barber was aware that I'd had transplants, so I didn't tell her until we were finished. This seems to be a pattern with us transplant guys, no?

The barber was surprised to find out I'd had work done and asked if one of the other stylists could check it out. Both of them could see the donor scar when I pointed it out using a mirror. My barber thought it wasn't very visible, so it didn't matter. I agree, of course!

The barber also made a really interesting comment. She said "these F&*#$-g transplants are getting harder and harder to spot. Could we be making progress? That comment contrasts to one made three years ago by an ex who is a hair stylist.

She said, "don't you dare" get hair transplants. "I've seen a few of them and they look like #%*%!" Hey, sorry, that's how women who cut hair express themselves. My next cut will be with my ex now that I've tested the waters with a reputable stranger. If there's a problem with the work, trust me; I have no doubt, she'll tell me exactly what's wrong with it. I'm sure I'll have to take a Xanax before I go in for the appointment (LOL).

Here's the link to my photo site. I've added the 1995 no meds/no surgery photo at the beginning. I've also added 2 post first haircut photos taken May 10 and May 13. They are the last two shots among the thumbnails.

Be sure to point and click on the thumbnails or you really can't see the work. The thumbnails are just too small. This is especially true for the last two photos if you would like to compare my hairline progress to just one month ago.

For those who don't know my story, the recent surgery was performed by Sharon Keene, MD of the Shapiro Medical Group in Minn. and independent surgical practice in Phoenix, AZ.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/paul148148/lst?.dir=/Transplant+Photos&.view=t

My first photos appeared in this forum at 4 months post-op. At the time I said that I would post again when I reached the 6 month mark. But, my progress during the past month has been far greater than I expected. Undermined by chronic compromise in my ability to delay gratification, my exhibitionistic urges overwhelmed my sincere earlier intention to wait until month 6 to document my progress again. (Sorry, can you believe I have to write sentences like that for hours everyday?) So, the new photos post today.

This past week several friends commented on how thick my hair is getting. I also got my first "professional" haircut in 18 months. I wanted to wait to see if the barber was aware that I'd had transplants, so I didn't tell her until we were finished. This seems to be a pattern with us transplant guys, no?

The barber was surprised to find out I'd had work done and asked if one of the other stylists could check it out. Both of them could see the donor scar when I pointed it out using a mirror. My barber thought it wasn't very visible, so it didn't matter. I agree, of course!

The barber also made a really interesting comment. She said "these F&*#$-g transplants are getting harder and harder to spot. Could we be making progress? That comment contrasts to one made three years ago by an ex who is a hair stylist.

She said, "don't you dare" get hair transplants. "I've seen a few of them and they look like #%*%!" Hey, sorry, that's how women who cut hair express themselves. My next cut will be with my ex now that I've tested the waters with a reputable stranger. If there's a problem with the work, trust me; I have no doubt, she'll tell me exactly what's wrong with it. I'm sure I'll have to take a Xanax before I go in for the appointment (LOL).

Here's the link to my photo site. I've added the 1995 no meds/no surgery photo at the beginning. I've also added 2 post first haircut photos taken May 10 and May 13. They are the last two shots among the thumbnails.

Be sure to point and click on the thumbnails or you really can't see the work. The thumbnails are just too small. This is especially true for the last two photos if you would like to compare my hairline progress to just one month ago.

For those who don't know my story, the recent surgery was performed by Sharon Keene, MD of the Shapiro Medical Group in Minn. and independent surgical practice in Phoenix, AZ.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/paul148148/lst?.dir=/Transplant+Photos&.view=t