Under neck fat removal

Is it a easy thing to get a bit of under chin/neck area liposuction ?

How is the post op look during recovery ? I cant get rid of this problem without losing an incredible amount of pounds . It is unreasonable to me to keep a ton of weight like 40-50 pounds off long term .

• 1 year later...

Neck lift is another type of surgery.

Neck lift involves cutting and tightening the platysma muscle (neck muscle). It's a bigger procedure and a general anaesthetic.

Lipo involves just sucking out the fat.

Look into Smart Lipo (laser) or Vaser Lipo (ultrasonics) for removing the fat. Quick procedure and only a local anaesthetic.

• 1 year later...
Is it a easy thing to get a bit of under chin/neck area liposuction ?

How is the post op look during recovery ? I cant get rid of this problem without losing an incredible amount of pounds . It is unreasonable to me to keep a ton of weight like 40-50 pounds off long term .

do you know a good doctor for this? i want to do it for cosmetic reasons

they have neck liposuction

compared to other surgeries i think its not extremely expensive

maybe 2k or so ballpark?

but depends on the location, and maybe how much fat you need removed (not sure, or maybe its just a fixed price)

• 8 months later...

Be careful! Despite the rabid claims of essentially all laser lipo clinics with all different types of laser lipo, many forms of laser lipo don't actually destroy the fat cells or permanently remove them like real liposuction, they just cause them to release their fat stores and make you look thinner in the treated area for a little bit, but your body will fill those fat cells right back up, eventually. The key is to get rid of the fat cells permanently.

See here: Laser Liposuction - Fat Removal Skin Tightening Procedure

(Skin/dermatology blog/forum that's not try to sell you laser lipo; never take the word of a plastic surgery clinic's web site, they're just trying to sell you something whether it works or not)

As I understand it, at least one of the types of laser lipo actually fries and kill off the fat cells permanently... I can't remember which one though. Just be discerning and realistic, and make sure you thoroughly research whatever kind you go for.

Edited by OtherSyde

• 7 months later...

...soggy? or saggy? Also, reducing neck fat is generally now done with precision laser-assisted lipo, like SmartLipo or SlimLipo. The cannula (the fat-sucking wand they insert under the skin) is half the size as the old kind or smaller, and the laser beam's heat and frequency stimulates the subcutaneous (meaning directly under the skin) collagen to contract and thus tighten the skin up as well, eliminating the whole post-lipo flabbly skin thing.

• 4 months later...

Look into non-invasive options such as Exilis which not only breaks up fat which is then excreted, but it also tightens the skin. A quick google search of "Exilis neck" will show you what it's capable of. I own an Exilis machine and it can produce some excellent results on the right patient.

Find a good Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and do your research.

Look into non-invasive options such as Exilis which not only breaks up fat which is then excreted, but it also tightens the skin. A quick google search of "Exilis neck" will show you what it's capable of. I own an Exilis machine and it can produce some excellent results on the right patient.

Find a good Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and do your research.

Hrmm... I'm highly suspicious of any of those "laser lipo" methods that don't even break the skin and claim to "melt" or microwave or dissolve the lipid cells away with invisible radiation or lasers... That Zerona laser thing, as I remember, was generally a complete and utter scam where "doctors" (meaning dermatologists and dentists who somehow managed to acquire a surgeon's license) would shine lasers on people that did nothing, and the only scanty, pathetic results that occurred were actually a result of nothing more than the conveniently mandatory "diet and exercise program" they would have the patients do at the same time.

I do image these feats are possible with the right technology, and the day I discover one that truly works, I will be thrilled.

[...Researching Exilis now...]

[EDIT]

Looks like a mixed bag, based partially on what doctor/technician you go to, what kind of skin genetics you have (apparently some people have weird adverse reactions or no results at all), or even possibly the brand/quality of the equipment.

To get it out of the way, here are some of the worst of the reviews:

I Was Addicted to This Nice N Easy, Quick in N out Procedure, Until It Really Burned my Body - Los Angeles, CA

$2300 Down the Drain - San Diego, CA

Save Your Money- Baton Rouge, LA

Beware of Exilis! - Tampa, FL

Feel like i didn't get my $$ worth :( - California

Don't Know What To Think - San Diego, CA

To be fair though, looking at the Reviews page on RealSelf (community-driven cosmetic surgery forum, basically like this one but more broad in spectrum), the procedure is generally rated at an overall 71%. That's actually not bad at all, especially in a field like cosmetic surgery where every procedure on every different person with every different doctor is a total gamble on genetics and individual reaction. I'd just do a lot of research and be super-choosy about your doc though, or you might get ripped off.

Here's the overall review page; there are a lot more positive reviews than negative ones. I just tend to err on the side of caution when dealing with peoples' bodies and thousands of dollars.

Exilis Worth It?

Edited by OtherSyde

Exilis is a radio frequency device, and while I understand your suspicion.. I have seen some outstanding results with it.

Will it replace traditional liposuction/smart-lipo? No, but it's not meant to. However, not everyone needs (or wants) an invasive procedure (we perform those as well).

I'm not trying to convince anyone but just offering another option to consider. As always it depends on the patient and their expectations.