Surgeory on the ears, having them pressed back?

• 11 months later...

My son just had Otoplasty done to his ears. He is no longer a child but has always been self concious about his ears. I found a surgeon for him and helped him pay for it. The doctor was here in Atlanta. His name is Dr. LeRoy. So far we are very pleased with the results. It was outpatient surgery and did not require general anesthesia. I definitely would recommend Dr. LeRoy. He has a web site that can be found be searching for Leroy Atlanta Cosmetic Surgery.

• 5 years later...

Pic? My ears stick out a little too, but I also have a somewhat small, undercut jawline; So instead of otoplasty, I'm going to have my jawline expanded with maxillofacial surgery to balance my face. What shape is your jaw-line? Post some face pics from the front and side maybe (blur your actual facial features if you want to be more anonymous of course).

• 5 months later...

There is a DIY method for that if all you want is your ears to be pressed back little bit. The trick is to wear your hat over the ears for few years everywhere you go and you should be able to achieve ur goal and notice the difference.

Might not work for all ppl but worth a shot.

• 1 year later...
There is a DIY method for that if all you want is your ears to be pressed back little bit. The trick is to wear your hat over the ears for few years everywhere you go and you should be able to achieve ur goal and notice the difference.

Might not work for all ppl but worth a shot.

I'm afraid for adults this is not true. There's also ear folding devices out there that manually pull back your ear... the idea is you wear them for half a year or so and voila, your ears will change shape. This actually can work in children as their cartilage is still forming, but in adults the cartilage is already developed and rigid. The cartilage will simply bounce back to it's original shape/orientation once the device is taken off. The positive reviews from patients on the sites for these devices, for adults, is sadly bullshite... unless it's something that permanently stays in your ear, and then at that point I'd say just get an otoplasty.

I'm afraid for adults this is not true. There's also ear folding devices out there that manually pull back your ear... the idea is you wear them for half a year or so and voila, your ears will change shape. This actually can work in children as their cartilage is still forming, but in adults the cartilage is already developed and rigid. The cartilage will simply bounce back to it's original shape/orientation once the device is taken off. The positive reviews from patients on the sites for these devices, for adults, is sadly bullshite... unless it's something that permanently stays in your ear, and then at that point I'd say just get an otoplasty.

Yeah, this is generally the case. Honestly though, I'd really rather just get a quick surgery anyway - screw wearing a hat or sticking my ears to my head with glue or tape (high maintenance) for an entire year. I have to be that patient with hair transplants, but if I can avoid it anywhere else I certainly will.