looking out for HT doc in India

Karan

I am 29 yrs old and have lost hair towards the front side of the scalp. I have tried out Dr. Batra's homeo treatment and found it to be of no use. I later approached Dr. Ashok Reddy in Hyderabad but did not proceed ahead after our first meet as I wanted to research further. Dr. Ashok Reddy of Hyderabad, India quotes Rs. 20,000 ($ 450) for HT process.I was also told to be on medication - Finax which I understand has few side effects.

Researching further, I have recently visited Rich Feel, Mumbai and started using their serenoa complex tablets ( saw palmetto + horetail plant). They say the hair fall would decrease after 3 months of this medicine usage.I am told that I am in the stage 3 of 7 the balding process.

Rich feel sited an approximate figure of Indian rs. 130,000 ($ 3000) for a Hair transplantation to cover up the lost hair.

Very recently, I visited Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy, HT surgeon of Hyderabad. He quoted a price of Rs. 35,000.

I have the following questions to be answered.

1) Does Serenoa complex substitute Finax in retaining my existing hair?

2) Why is there such price fluctuation across Hyderabad and Mumbai? Is it due to any quality standard issues or is it due to some technical reason or is it the commerical part.

3)Can anyone help me with your understanding about Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy? He seemed to me to be a better HT doctor.

Please suggest me

Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KARAN, I am glad you found the forum. Welcome.

The topic of hairtransplantation in India is quite a hot topic these days, and we have had several unhappy patients post their results or comments. (search Jagdish) I feel that India is in its infancy stage for hair transplants, often relying on a mixture of ignorance, shoddy technical approach, herbology, and outdated practices. I would like to continue to stand by my belief that getting a HT in India is too much of a risk, period. I have yet to see any credible returns, aside from one doctor, who has been proved to be unethical, so we cannot believe him either. If indeed you require a HT, consult over the internet with several doctors using high resolution digital photos, and your telephone. I see your treatment is supposed to cost 450.00 US, but I will tell you a HT using the latest and greatest technology will cost you at least 5 to 15,000 dollars US, depending on your level of baldness. Toss the Holisitc medicine out the window as far as having any real dramatic effect, as well.

You need to take a deep breath, research this forum and plan on coming into the Western Hemisphere for a HT. Please, ask as many questions as you feel necessary, but do NOT pull the trigger in India.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

The only 2 proven,approved methods for hairloss are Finasteride,1mg daily, and minoxidil, topical.

Anything else will only give you a lighter bank account and less hair.

If I was you I would start on these 2 first, give it a year, then think about a HT if it doesnt work. As the B Spot said, India is in a developing stage as far as HT's go. We had this problem in the west from the 70's until the late 90's and countless men were butchered. They now must wear wigs or hats or get expensive and time consuming repairs.

Don't forget, a bad hair transplant looks far,far worse than being bald.

As mentioned, compare "Jagdish" with other results on this and other forums to see the results from Dr.Reddy.

You are very lucky to live in an age of the internet. Use it.

Thank you for your immeidate response.

Finasteride,1mg daily, and minoxidil, topical.

I understand that Finax and related medication has side effects. Could anyone help me out on this issue.

Thanks

Finax is Finasteride.(Finax is the brand name)

There are very limited if any side effects.

They say in 2% of men it can cause erectile malfunction,but that means 98% are still getting it on,baby. If you are having trouble getting an erection whilst on it,stop taking it and you will return to normal.

I've been taking it for 10 years and I still hump anythings leg that walks in the door.

The dosage is 1mg daily. Just check to see if Finax is 1mg or 5mg. If its 5mg cut it in quarters.

Minoxidil can sometimes give you an itchy scalp. If this happens use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

Karan,

You are lucky that you found this site before taking any wrong step. Have you seen my HT pictures? That most amazing ugly work was done by none other than Dr. Ashok Reddy of Hyderabad. He quoted Rs. 20,000? Have you paid the advance. 10,000 is the advance, right? If you have already paid then forget about it. He is a cheater. He pays money to the TV channels for publicity. Have you seen his hairline? I am sure you did not see. He himself had a bad transplant. How he can do good to others? Batra is another cheater. He says his tablets stops hairfall and growth can be seen in 2 years icon_eek.gif After waiting for 2 long years and no results, how will you feel?

After doing some research I found that only 2 doctors doing reasonably good job in India. They are Dr.Rajput in Mumbai and Dr.Aravind Paswal in Delhi. To get International patients, Dr.Aravind did false marketing on the internet. Hence he is not recommended on this site. So, no more comments about him. I heard that Dr.Rajput is doing good work. But I need to do more research. You may try consulting him and be sure to meet his old patients to get the feedback about the doctor. You may need to spend more then 1 Lakh rupees if you choose any of these 2 doctors.

What I can suggest you is, If you can afford try to get your HT done somewhere else but not in India. Ya. I know. With $15000 you can buy a flat in India. But you can not stay happily in that flat with a bad HT.

I would also suggest you to not to stop Finax. I have been using Finax for last 3 months. I got good improvement and I did not see any side effects till now. Keep yourself fit and do regular exercises. Stay away from fat and you will stay away from side effects.

- Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Hi Jadgish,

I have not paid any HT doc in India till date. My research is on and will take a call once I am confident of the doc.

I will start of with Finax as suggested. I guess saw palmetto is not clinically proven.

Originally posted by Karan:

Also let me know what is the dosage of finax and the prescribed time (after breakfast or lunch or dinner).

Thanx

You should take one tablet a day. It does not matter when you take it. I normally take it after my lunch.

Ravi Vide

Hi Kiran,

can u plz gimme the contact address of Dr Puli ravindra reddy and also i would like to tell u one thing , one of my friend had HT from Dr Ashok , he is feeling very good and also he is having his hair cut...

bt still i m confused ...

can u help me in this..

Thank you in advance..

Dear Sameer,

Dr.Ashok does micro and mini graft hair transplantation. Not FUT. Even with Mini and Micro procedure the hair grows and you can go for haircut. But it does not look so natural. With a good FUT your hair looks very natural. Do some research and you will understand what I am talking. Also I am interested to see your friend's pre and post op pictures. What was his norwood level, when was the HT done and how does his incisions look now? Please ask him to register to this forum. This forum supports only US doctors and US medicines. But still we can exchange some information.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Thankz Jagdish,

ya ill ask him to join this forum, bt i want to ask onething which is the best one to go in india? since i dont hav time ,i hav lost my front portion of hair and am going to get marry soon , so not much time....can u plz tell me wat to do? and this HT has any side effects since am an IT GUY i have to use my mind a lot , will it has any side effect?

Cheeers. I am also an IT guy and going to get marry soon. Exception is that I don't use my mind a lot icon_biggrin.gif

There is a doctor in Delhi. Dr.Aravind Paswal. He is not recommended in this forum for the reason I mentioned in my above post. But he does solid work. He charges 3 to 4 times to other doctors in India but I saw his results which are excellent.

It takes 9 months to 1 year for the transplanted hairs to grow. But you can see some reasonable growth in 6 months. Don't get the HT done if your marriage is within 3 to 4 months. Because you may get shockloss during this period. So plan it accordingly. There will be no side effects of HT.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Hi jagdish,

Thankz for ur reply...bt if u dont mind wat is Shockloss??

can u throw some light on this..

and how abt Dr Puli ravindra reddy, came to know that he is the first to bring Laser technology to India.

Sameer,

When hair is transplanted between your native hairs, some of your native hairs will shed and you will look more bald than you were before operation. This is called shockloss. But it is temporary. 3 to 4 Months after HT this shedded hair starts growing back. So by 6 months after HT your native hairs and transplanted hairs will grow enough to give you a superb look.

Regarding Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy I don't know anything about him. Let me tell you one thing. It does not matter if the doctor brought a new technology or if the doctor has plenty of certifications or medical degrees. Hair transplantation is not just an operation but it is an art and the surgoen should be an artist. Similar to Logic in writing a software program. The person who passed with 50% marks can write a better program with good logic than the person with 95% marks. Logical skills just can not be aquired by reading books. Do you agree?

BTW, Laser hair transplantation is a failure. Noone is doing it nowadays. If any doctor is still doing it, it is better to avoid him.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Sameer, Finasteride is the approved drug for hairloss treatment. You can get this drug from different manufacturers. The brand names or Propecia, Proscar, Finax, Finpecia etc. Propecia and Proscar are not available in India. I am taking Finax which is working well for me. It stops your current hairloss and keeps what you have right now. Take one tablet of Finax(Finasteride 1MG) a day. It works well for those below age 35. Remember there can be side effects of Finasteride. Do some research for possible side effects. You can use find feature in this site to check the previous posts and get some information.

Apply Minaxidile 5% twise a day.

Nizrol 1% shampoo trise a week.

Finax - Rs.180 for 50 Tablets pack.

Minoxidile - Rs.375 (one month supply)

Nizrol 1% - Rs.100 a bottle(3 weeks supply)

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

I am not sure whether it decreases the sperm count. It makes sperm watery. The side effects are reversable once you stop using it. You should stop it for a period when you plan to have a kid. After that you can restart it. Decreased libido is another side effect. But I did not get this side effect as our HR girls are not giving me a chance to reduce my libido icon_smile.gif

Brest swelling is another side effect but I think it effects on very rare cases.

Ravi Vide

Yaar Sameer, Calm down. You are looking at the problem in microscope. That is why it is looking bigger. Hairloss is not a big problem and don't be disturbed with it. Anyways.. You can get all your hair back. Just be patient.

Go through the previous posts in this forum and read as many posts as you can to get complete knowledge about hair transplantation. Once you do some research you will be in a position to take your own decision. Don't be hurry to get a hair transplantation done immediately. You can start the medication that I suggested in my previous post. Don't worry about the side effects. You may not get them.

You may try using concealers like Dermmatch and Topik. They will give a fuller look to your hair right away. You can use them everyday till the time you are going to have a HT. For more details about them you can use the find feature above. You will get complete information including pictures demonstrating how to use them.

Please check PM for my mobile number in case if you want to contact me.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

This guy is earning huge money by selling this snake oil. And this snake oil is considered the no 1 solution for hairloss in India icon_frown.gif I am trying to educate as many people as I can by telling them about Finasteride.

Ravi Vide