tiny rounded bulbs at ends of ht hair falling out.

5 weeks after ht,my ht hairs are falling out.they

have tiny small rounded bulbs at the end of them,

my question is ,is this normal ?do they have a small

rounded like look at one end when they fall out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Figsy,

Every thing you are describing sounds perfectly normal. I remember being really worried that I was loosing grafts when the scabs and hairs began to shed, along with what one would imagine almost looked like a follicle. And as you can see from my after photos that was certainly not the case.

This is a common concern for almost all who have had hair transplants.

And yes, some people will some times get pimples (zits) where the skin has closed over the follicle that is trying to grow out.

Normally surgeons suggest that a patient use a warm clean cloth to pop the pimple and expell the fluid (yes, remember High School :-)

If it is a persistant problem there is a medication that can be prescribed to help this condition. You may want to call your surgeon and ask for further advice.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes for a bumper crop of healthy new hair. Keep us all posted. Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

If what you're saying is true, I'm glad to find out that my transplants aren't falling out!!! I underwent my procedure 8 days ago and I would swear that the little flakes that are now falling off of my scalp look just like the fu's that were transplanted.

Thanks for all of the info contributed to this site - it's really been helpful the last few months.

• 1 month later...