That looks nice It's only hair,

But I would really like to see accurate hair counts, instead of that vague multiple number. Could you ask Dr. Hasson how many 3's and 4's you received?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

IOH-

You must be thrilled. The work looks excellent, especially the new temples along with the hairline. Try to post updates if you can as I'd really like to see how this turns out!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Awesome IOH-

Keep us posted, as we would love to track your progress. I know it has only been a couple of days--so rest up.

Couple of questions:

How long are you taking off of work?

Do people know (besides family)?

How was the flight home (assuming you don't live in Vancouver)?

Scalp exercises: 40 continuous minutes? How did you not have a headache?

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

It's only hair,

It was great to meet you yesterday and thank you for the write up. Sharing is what this site is all about. Hopefully you'll continue to share your experience as you progress with photos and commentary. Don't worry too much about the swelling. If it gets bad it will most likely kick in around day 3 and end on day 6 but it won't harm the grafts at all.

Gorpy,

Sorry the numbers seem "vague" to you but you could do some simple math and come to the conclusion that the hair count was around 13,101 hairs based on the graft count multiplied by 2.3 (average number of hairs per graft).

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

No - still vague Joe. That would be a good guesstimate based on average hair counts, but still no cigar.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

If you're still not providing the numbers 8 to 10 months from now then you're right, there will be no more vagueness - I'll know for sure. But, don't worry, we'll just keep it to ourselves icon_wink.gif

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Looks awesome. Once again top notch work by H&W. You have got to be super pleased. Give it a little time and you will be sportin one heck of a new head of hair. It is going to make a great cosmetic difference. I am happy for you.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

What a shame...I did not see your pics.

Really too bad the Shapiro Vs. Hasson debate has this kind of effect on someone who just wants to share his experience.

Good luck its-only-hair...I'm two weeks out from my surgery with Dr. Hasson, and with everyday I get more excited...big day tomorrow, staples come out!

4700 fu w/Dr. Hasson on 3/1/07

It's a shame you have chosen this route. Pat has done a lot for us guys and I feel you have let your emotions get the best of you. We can all learn something from this whole debate--just that it is a debate. We all expressed our feelings and we should move on. You know that you are taking what he said far too literally. Let's not allow this whole thing to go any further than it has. You still have a lot of healing to do and there will be an emotional rollercoasters. I think that you will need all of us for support. Please rethink your stance. Take care.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Its only hair,

You are right. It is only hair. Life is too short so why have the negative attitude. You came to this site and were starting to be a real contributor. Let's not make this a personal thing or a Shapiro vs. H&W thing. Gorpy and I did not have work with Shapiro.

Take a deep breath. You went to one of the best HT facilities and will undoubtedly get a great result. We are all happy and excited for you as we are all in the same boat together.

Please don't start to go down that road of insulting the senior members here because they are good guys that have literally helped thousands.

This whole FU debate has gotten out of hand. Even in one of your earlier posts you stated that you understood that we are all different. Some guys want the numbers and some don't but no big deal as we are all different.

We need you to focus on your healing as that should be priority one. Take care.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Point taken. Heal well and keep us posted as we really do want to follow your progress and be there to support. Good luck.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I can understand how you feel, its-only-hair. Saying you can't post your FU's, and can only post exact hair counts seems like a terrible form of censorship. Of course the implication is, your didn't receive a good HT unless you know the exact hair count - and everyone here agrees, that's just nonsense.

Everywhere you go in life, they'll be haters. If you buy a Porsche 911, a small group of haters will chime in and say you bought a piece of junk...if you bought a Corvette, another group of haters will chime in with some other nonsense.

I didn't choose Dr. Hasson because he was going to give me exact hair counts. I choose him because he has the best results.

Let the haters have at it...enjoy your new hair.

You are right, B-spot...I should have said "In my opionion" when I said Dr. Hasson was the best.

What we have are two schools of thought on the "Exact Hair Count" Vs. the "Follicular Units" debate.

The EHC crowd believes that ever Dr. is obligated to tell his or her patient the Exact number of Hair in each Unit. The FU folks believe that results are all that matters.

There is no evidence that knowing the exact hair count provides a better hair transplant. There is no evidence that not knowing provides a better hair transplant.

So what we have is a matter of opinion ??“ which everyone is entitled to. I take issue with being told not to post my FU unless I know my exact hair count. That is censorship ??“ plain and simple.

And that isn't what we want here, is it? Telling people they can't share their FU's because your opinion on EHC's is different??? Is that the true spirit of men helping men? It's not...it's hating, and that's my opinion.

As a consumer, we have the right and the power to choose whoever we want to do your HT.

If, in your opinion, you get better results knowing the exact hair count...then you are empowered to choose a doctor who gives exact hair counts. But your choice isn't a priority for all of us...your choice is based on your personal opinion...not medical data.

So instead of making "demands" and dictating that going forward our fellow-follically-challenged-breathen MUST post the exact hair count...why can't we just agree that we all have our own opinions, and that, regardless of exact hair count, we're all in this together, we should all just help and support each other as much as we can?

Isn't getting along and helping each other much nicer than stuffing a personal opinion down someone's throat, and making them feel unwelcomed?

IOH-

I'm truly sorry your results were posted while this debate was going on and that it made you decide to remove your pics. I understand your position and also have not been a proponent of requiring hair counts. I do hope you'll reconsider and add your pics along with your experience.

B spot-

Hey brother, no question to me that your here to help those suffering with hair loss.........period. I do understand your point about Pat calling on US, forum members, to demand hair counts. The problem with this is not ALL forum members believe this should be required. For this reason, I believe we need clarification from Pat as to what is REQUIRED either of posters sharing their experience or of Coalition Surgeons by way of what they provide HT patients. This may help to avoid another situation such as this where a new poster tries to share their experience but has it dampened by issues which could be resolved by clarification of rules/requirements.

Hair_Tomorrow-

I understand your point...........I myself look to quality of prior HT work rather than hair counts to determine whether or not I believe a surgeon is performing. In this case, the hair count issue is on the front burner now and I believe decisions from the site owner need to be made for clarification.

Pat - I hope you'll review this thread and other recent threads regarding Hair Counts and provide direction to forum members and surgeons on what requirements are for members to post results and surgeons when it comes to Coalition Membership.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.