How long after transplant can you resume work?

When do things typically calm down enough such that people won't notice a surgery?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

When do things typically calm down enough such that people won't notice a surgery?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

Rick,

This depends on your amount of hair loss, the grafted area, healing time, and whether or not the transplant area was shaved down.

It also depends on whether or not you can wear a hat, bandanna, or topical concealer.

Best case scenerio, I'd say after a week, you may be able to conceal your hair transplant. At the most, it could take a few months to be completely inconspicous.

Best wishes,

Bill

As Bill mentioned, everyone is different.

Personally I was at week 5 when I could drop the baseball cap without the it being obvious that I had surgery. I would have felt comfortable/able to work after a week, wearing a baseball cap, doing a desk job.

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

Its best to stay away for 10 days atleast. Do it on a thursday and go to work after your second weekend. I had a similar experience to Tubs. I was fine wearing a hat to work in the first month (I told anyone who asked I received stitches for a cut), and was able to drop the hat at 5 weeks.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Depends on what you do, I think.

I went back to work Monday at 11 a.m., after having surgery on Thursday so that's four days. But, I'm in an office with one other person. I do have clients come in routinely, and did that week but I generally tried to lay low. I will say I think it would've bee completely unnoticeable if I hadn't have had the old plugs removed from my hairline.

If you're lifting, waiting tables, an office manager, etc. I'd say try to take a couple of weeks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 2 months later...

I had my procedure on November 10 and still have redness in the recipient area. Have some hair to cover but still looks a little noticeable, but don't think anyone know what it is. Mostly looks like the worst combover in the history of combovers. I suspect in a couple of weeks it will be a non issue. Again, recovery time varies.