Dr. Jefferey Epstein Question.

mrkneed

When I got back from vacation, I called you just last week to check in on you, once again reassuring you that you had some slightly delayed growth, but there was nothing to worry about. I also told you to call me anytime to speak with me, and that since I was going to be in my NY office this week, if you wanted to, I would be happy to meet with you.

Never happened. Never called me. This is a total lie.

And I changed my screen name so as not to concern Morehair as we've become friends and I knew he was nervous as well with some posts regarding your work with DBK and HIGA. So thanks for outing me.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when there seemed to be some clarity.... icon_confused.gif

Kev, to understand the timetable better -- your (public) worry over growth @ 6 months (which we can all agree is a ~3+ months to get a solid handle on things) became more intense after TTDS came out with his "Nine Month Report"?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

than,

Kevkristy's original thread was here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=148177

He clearly expressed some concern but didn't start panicing or becoming hostile until TTDS' posted concerns.

Despite what he thinks, I am not trying to pass blame to this patient - but expressing a concern is one thing, becoming vindictive unnecessarily is another.

I truly hope the best for him but also hope that in the meantime, his hostility lessens and he relaxes.

Bill

Thx, was lookin' for that. Quite a change in attitude....tough one, can definitely understand his emotional concerns going into hyperdrive with the recent wave of bizarre cases.....but I agree that everyone needs to recognize that until proven otherwise, Dr. Epstein....Kev....TTDS....are all on the same team.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

First week happiness is totally different from 6 month disappointment. No one on here would be still singing praises if they had no growth after 6 months especially after TTDS post.

Some of us wouldnt say anything though because 6 months is early

Kev I know this wont make you feel better but on my last surgery with Dr Shapiro I had to bite my tongue or should I say fingers because I hardly had any growth at 6 months .Matt kept reassuring me it was going to come and he was right at 7 months things started to look up and things are still improving at a rapid rate.

Some of us just grow slow. I believe you when you say no growth yet but its almost impossible for NO grafts to grow. Anyone can get one graft out of thousands to grow, even Nuhart

. I think you need to sit back and chill so you dont drive yourself crazy. I know its hard to believe that things will improve but it happens more then you think.

In this post, you described how wonderful we all were..

I stated as such even today, TWICE. Everyone was nice and professional.

Describing the procedure is different than attesting to the results. Far DIFFERENT.

I'm having a new house built. The contractors are super nice and work hard, but if after 6 months the roof is leaking my opinion will change quickly.

In closing, I find it disturbing that Dr Epstein spent far more effort and about three thousand additional words in replying to a couple of (bad pub) threads than he did to a personal email from a patient looking for nothing but support. The question I ask: Did I not warrant as much attention?

Thats a good point! If what Kevkristy is saying is true, this is a little concerning. The doc should be giving far more attention to him than to this thread.

Guest wanthairs

Hmmmm

This is very worrying reading this post and some of the other complaints about Epstein. I had what I believed to be a good first result and am wondering to go elsewhere for my second procedure. ...I have to say, his staff were very nice, but did make me nervous with all their personal talk.....anyway, I'll probabnly still go back to him.

My first result is good, my confidence rocketed and my life greatly improved.

Guest wanthairs

let me just add.....

I started noticing growth at only 7 weeks, but hardly anything else for 7 months, then it mushroomed at that point. At 5 months i rememeber looking at other peoples pictures and just getting very depressed at my slow growth.......It has grown now - - -

just wanted to clarify.....

Kev,

I pointed you to my photos in the Rogaine/Propecia thread. Look at my 12 month and 16 month photos and you will see a big difference. No way all of that was the drugs but more than likely a good amount was my HT growing in from months 12-16.

I can honestly say if I had surgery done the day I had the 12 month pics taken and it looked the way it does today I would be 90% satisfied. Instead I waited and the hair filled in itself.

I am the guy in the red shirt and my hair is much thicker now at 20 months post op than it the after photo taken at 16 months in this link

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=149286