Wondering about a situation?

If you have a transplant done and it made your hair situation worse, should the doctor offer to fix your hair for no charge?

What would most ethical doctors do?

If you have a transplant done and it made your hair situation worse, should the doctor offer to fix your hair for no charge?

What would most ethical doctors do?

Ask yourself if the doctor is truly going to be able to do a proper job of it the second time around. "If at first you don't succeed..." is a nice motto, but if the initial results are not pleasing, make sure that you are not getting bit by the same dog twice. It's important to pick a top doctor, because you usually have one "best chance" to get it done right the first time. If you need corrective work, it is possibly even more important that your doctor is truly excellent. You only have so much donor hair, for example, but it can be more complicated than that. If you have any doubts about your doctor or clinic, look elsewhere.

I would be extremely cautious about going back to the doctor if the situation is worse, even if it were done for free. I would sit down and talk to him about the reasons and, if I weren't satisfied, go elsewhere.

Keep in mind that you only have so much donor hair. You certainly don't want to waste any of it. Also, scarring in the recipient area builds up with each procedure. More scarring is layed down with poor techniques than with good techniques. This double whammy is a good reason to take your decision to start transplantation very seriously and pick someone you trust. Visit several offices before you start and get educated. Your efforts will be rewarded.

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network