Hi Petchski,

My doctor advised me to take a day off and from second day I can resume my work. Is this possible?

I have to drive to my work which is 30 mins from my home. How many days is minimum needed?

Hi, I went to job exactly after 5 days post op. A couple of co-workers may have noticed it but after 10 days no one seemed to noticed it, even very close friends.

From experience - take as long off work as you can - have the time and not need it - than need the time and not have it icon_wink.gif

Visit my website : www.spexhair.com 

You can read my regular columns for The Telegraph and The Huffington Post, Apetogentleman and Vitabiotics via my site and you'll find a great deal out about me and the industry there! 

I am patient advisor for The Harley St Hair Clinic, Dr. Scott Alexander, Dr. William Lindsey and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. I am salaried by all the surgeons I represent.

Hi Spex,

I'm using your tips just had HT yesterday, with regrds the following points

4. Apply huge amounts of Aloe Vera to both donor and recipient area 5 days after. (2 x a day minimum)

Q - Is that applied after 5 days of the op or for 5 days immed post op?

5. Distilled witch hazel helps with redness (apply 7/8 days post op)

Again is this taken 7/8 days immediately after the op and where can this be got is it a pill.

6. Get on MSM (makes hair grow faster)

Q - What is MSM

Many Thanks

Re MSM, see this:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=618103212#618103212

I started using aloe vera on my recipient area a couple of days after the op. Make sure you use the pure gel, not the moisturiser with alcohol in it.

I didn't use witchhazel. But I did use antiseptic cream on my donor area for a couple of weeks.

Good luck with the recovery - heal well!

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Hi IrishNumpty, hope all is well.

1. 5 days after op for as long as you feel required.

2. Start applying it 7/8 days after the op - its a liquid and its available from Boots very cheap.

3. MSM will help speed up growth of native hair - You can get it from Holland and Barrett - take 3000mg a day.

Hope this helps.

Have a good read through this also as it will hopefully help: HT Guide

You can read my regular columns for The Telegraph and The Huffington Post, Apetogentleman and Vitabiotics via my site and you'll find a great deal out about me and the industry there! 

I am patient advisor for The Harley St Hair Clinic, Dr. Scott Alexander, Dr. William Lindsey and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. I am salaried by all the surgeons I represent.

The initiative taken for the concern is very serious and needs an attention of everyone. This is the concern which exists in the society and needs to be eliminated from the society as soon as possible.

New Jersey Drug Treatment Centers

Ooookaay Brad ...36_20_4.gif

smoking-pot.jpg

Spex,

Outstanding info ! Thanks for posting this. I am on day 6 post HT second procedure but my first procedure was almost ten years ago so I forgot what it was like. Spot - on with the Aloe Vera recommendation. I don't know why the doc didn't recommend it, just have to be careful with it around the scabs is all. Will get some Witch Hazel tomorrow as well as MSM.

Cheers - heal and grow well.

SPEX

Just two quick questions.

1. How long should I wait until going back to the gym, doing heavy cardio?

2. How long until I can start washing my hair with water?

Bumping this one up for the benefit of others, as i'm now 14 days post op and in the anxiety/wtf have i done? mindset. Self consciousness kicking in big style (is this normal?) Shedding is starting and redness won't go.:o:( Back to work next week.

Help!!:eek::eek:

Normal! I felt exactly the same. Too make it worse, you will now enter the "ugly duckling" phase for the next 2-3 months.

However, there is absolutely nothing you but to suck it up and just have patience.

I am now 5 weeks post-op and looking much more bald than ever before!

Normal! I felt exactly the same. Too make it worse, you will now enter the "ugly duckling" phase for the next 2-3 months.

However, there is absolutely nothing you but to suck it up and just have patience.

I am now 5 weeks post-op and looking much more bald than ever before!

Nightmare. Hoping i can recover to reasonable pre op condition. Think it's the hair buzzed down and the shedding/redness, that's making it look awful.:( As you say, have to suck it up for a few months.

Just bumping this oldie but a goldie topic as incredibly useful to new readers potentially and what they are embarking into. This topic will hopefully help.

Cant believe i made it 10 years ago!

Regards

Spex

Isn't it amazing how fast 10 years go by? Fortunately, for us, FUT was pretty developed 10 years ago. Correct me, if I am wrong, the last 10 years has seen a great deal more FUE procedures with improved yield but FUT hasn't changed much in terms of procedure and science. The next great breakthrough, I believe, will be in donor harvesting.

This is such a wonderful piece of information. Thanks a ton Spex!! I am 7 days post op (FUE) and still the donor area has crusts which would not go. Tomorrow will be my 1st head wash as per doc on the recepient area and i was afraid how long the scabs will stay at receipient area.

Will be rushing now to take Aloe Vera 😊

Edited by Hairfaith

Hi guys, 

Glad you found the topic of use. Ive a ton more info on my website along with videos too if this helps as enables you to get to answers fast.

Regards

Spex