I can't believe this actually worked...

Hi everyone,

On Nov. 1, 2007, I took the plunge and got 3600 grafts with Dr. Wong in Vancouver.

It seems that some of the grafts stayed, and I can't believe I can actually go to the hairdresser and they have something to cuticon_smile.gif

I am wondering though, is this it? It appears that the original hairline is not as nice as it was just post-op...will there be more hairs coming, or is it now just the thickening of the hairs I see on my head?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

On Nov. 1, 2007, I took the plunge and got 3600 grafts with Dr. Wong in Vancouver.

It seems that some of the grafts stayed, and I can't believe I can actually go to the hairdresser and they have something to cuticon_smile.gif

I am wondering though, is this it? It appears that the original hairline is not as nice as it was just post-op...will there be more hairs coming, or is it now just the thickening of the hairs I see on my head?

Thanks!

WTF?..

First, congrats on your surgery and EXCELLENT choice of a doc. Im somewhat flabbergasted that you seem to be uninformed on the process as a whole though. Your only four months post op and the transplanted hair sheds, then continues to grow, thicken and mature. By about the six month mark you should be at 50% of growth. It will take 12-18 months to see the final product, so by no means are you even any where close to being at the end of the road. There will be more *new* hairs to come as you are still so early in the game; and it sounds like that is what your reffering to w/your concern over the hair line not looking as nice as it did imm. post op...They will come.

Did you not shed most of your grafts?

I would assume, since you chose such a great doc, that you were pretty well acquainted with the process as a whole (?). Didn't Dr. Wong go over it all w/you?

Care to spoil us w/some pics?

Age, hair loss level?

Let's cut baldeagle some slack icon_smile.gif

Baldeagle,

No, this is not it. As others have already said, 4 months is only the tip of the iceberg. Most patient's don't even experience any hair growth at this point, so if some of your transplanted hair has already grown, that's terrific.

Hair transplantation is a gradual process and takes up to a year to mature. Even after 1 year, the hair will continue to soften and thicken, up to 18 months. But the majority of new hair growth and thickening will occur by 12 months.

Heal and grow well.

Bill

It is surprising that you went to such an esteemed surgeon, yet are so unfamiliar with the process; this isn't a knock in any way, just pretty rare as far as I'm concerned, as level of "education" is usually correlated with the level of the clinic one goes to.

So consider yourself lucky that you live down the street from H&W! icon_wink.gif

You also draw the envy from HT-patients everywhere in keeping so many grafts that you already have made appreciable gains; the best has yet to come, however. Now share some post some pre-op/post-op pics and stop tantalizing us with talk of your hairdresser scoping out your increasingly hairy mop!!!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!