Dermatch after HT

kg007

Hey guys -

I haven't posted in awhile. I've been pretty busy lately. I am at 4 months post-op with Dr. wong (3500 grafts), and I have started noticing new growth. I'll be posing new pictures soon.

Recently I have started using Dermatch to fill in the thinning. It works great!! It makes my hair look alive, but I am not sure if it a great decision to use at 4 month mark since new growth is still coming in. Anybody here uses dermmatch/toppik regularly?? If so, can you share your experience? Also, I was also wondering if it's safe to apply dermatch and keep it on your scalp for couple of days before washing it off. I plan to go out on vacation next weekend, and I want to use it and keep it on and wash it off once I come back. What do you guys think?? Any comments?

Thanks,

KG

Hey guys -

I haven't posted in awhile. I've been pretty busy lately. I am at 4 months post-op with Dr. wong (3500 grafts), and I have started noticing new growth. I'll be posing new pictures soon.

Recently I have started using Dermatch to fill in the thinning. It works great!! It makes my hair look alive, but I am not sure if it a great decision to use at 4 month mark since new growth is still coming in. Anybody here uses dermmatch/toppik regularly?? If so, can you share your experience? Also, I was also wondering if it's safe to apply dermatch and keep it on your scalp for couple of days before washing it off. I plan to go out on vacation next weekend, and I want to use it and keep it on and wash it off once I come back. What do you guys think?? Any comments?

Thanks,

KG

I was also wondering if it's safe to apply dermatch and keep it on your scalp for couple of days before washing it off. I

I would definitely wash it off at the end of the day, without a doubt. There have been some reports I've heard of poor growth from guys who would leave it on in the back for many days. This was heresay and the supposed case was a case of Dr. Hassons. It was mentioned on another site and I haven't confirmed it with the clinic but I think, if you can, just don't risk it man.

Cheers.

I can't imagine Dermatch affecting the yeild/growth, especially at the 4 month mark. At that point,"stuff", (ie. healing/growth) is happening under the skin. IMO after 2 weeks or so and the scabs are gone, I would think it would be safe. Maybe worse case, cause irritation, but not affect the yeild/growth. I'm no expert, though.

I did the same thing about 2 months after my last HT, except I used Toppik for about 3 or 4 days straight. I had some shock loss and wanted to cover the balding area. I washed it out and it was fine after that, no issues. Wouldn't do it consistently but I think for a short trip that it would be perfectly fine

Thanks guys for your replies. I just ordered Toppik since it seems like it's easy to use, and you're not directly applying to the scalp so it would cause less irritation.

Anyway, I feel the same that it shouldn't affect my growth at 4 month mark. If I shed some hair due to dryness or irritation, it should grow back. I was told the same from Doug from H&W. He advised me against it on regular basis, but he said at month 4 mark it shouldn't affect the yield/growth. I don't plan to make this a habit. Actually I don't even use it everyday. I only use it over the weekend.

Anyway, thanks for your inputs. If other people have any comments, feel free to drop a line.

KG

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using toppik everyday. I apply it in the morning and it remains there till next morning. I wash it after returning from the gym. So basically 23 hours and 45 minutes in a day I have toppik applied on my head. I did not see any problems in the growth. The transplanted hairs are growing in normal rate.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide