Safe to drive home after surgery?

I have some questions about HT:

1.Is it safe to drive home after HT surgery?

2.I need to have meet up with client after 2 months from surgery. Will my hair growth be fast enough to at least go back to my current condition?

3.I read that some took MSM to speed up growth. Is that only the first few months? or permanent like the propecia?

4.Can i wear a cap after operation?

5.What the difference between graft and hair count?

6.From the attached pic, how many graft/hair do you think i need?

7. HT is a large sum of $. Normally when you spend that amount of $, you at least get some "warranty". I don't recall seeing anything like that. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If after HT and my hair is worse than it's current condition, say after 10 months, would i be able to get my refund back?

Thanks for your reply in advance!

hair.JPG.8115355ce29e4dc8bc4400d5ea87dff1.JPG

I have some questions about HT:

1.Is it safe to drive home after HT surgery?

2.I need to have meet up with client after 2 months from surgery. Will my hair growth be fast enough to at least go back to my current condition?

3.I read that some took MSM to speed up growth. Is that only the first few months? or permanent like the propecia?

4.Can i wear a cap after operation?

5.What the difference between graft and hair count?

6.From the attached pic, how many graft/hair do you think i need?

7. HT is a large sum of $. Normally when you spend that amount of $, you at least get some "warranty". I don't recall seeing anything like that. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If after HT and my hair is worse than it's current condition, say after 10 months, would i be able to get my refund back?

Thanks for your reply in advance!

I'll try to answer as best as possible.

1. Technically you could probably drive home after surgery because it is just a local anesthesia but you will be exhausted and have thousands of thoughts running thru your head. Better safe than sorry so don't drive.

2. No, you more than likely will not be back at pre-surgery condition because you may suffer some short term shock loss of native hair. The 2 month time frame is a shitty period. You MAY be a lucky one and have no shock loss but just in case keep it in mind.

3. MSM is known for speeding up growth. I take it every day because I believe it keeps hair healthy but you don't have to continue with it.

4. Yes you can wear a loose fitted cap.

5. Graft is just that, graft count. Each graft however might contain 1,2,3, or 4 hairs. Therefore you'll end up with more hairs than grafts.

6. From your pic I would estimate that you would be content (depends on your wants ofcourse) with 2500-3500 grafts. That is current need and doesn't take into account possible future need if you suffer from continued native hairloss. That figure would probably provide for a nice hairline and decent density.

7. Yes a HT is a lot of money. Be prepared for possible need of future work also. Discuss with doctor. Some docs will provide a guarantee of graft growth so make sure you get policy in writing prior. Typically though it does not involve money back but instead future work at no cost. Essentially IMO you had better choose very qualified doc because if for some reason grafts don't grow do you want another surgery with same doc?? Basically you are shit out of luck.

Hope this helps.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hairless,

Nervous is right on with the info, I might add that your driving home should not be a problem if you just do the local anesthesia. They will not let you drive home if you a take a sedative like valium to relax you before surgery. I chose not to take the valium so I could drive home myself which was 30 miles and was no problem. Had to keep my eyes on road and not in the mirror!! I knew what to expect having had HT before so I was comfortable being alert during the procedure. I would not worry to much about the shockloss, I think that some people are more prone to it than others, I also believe it has to do with size of the session. Larger sessions are more traumatic, more incisions, larger donor tissue extracted. You will look OK in two/three weeks if no shock loss and your hair is not totally shaved for the procedure.

Good luck my friend,

NoBuzz

1) It probably is safe; personally. I had someone pick meup. On the way home (40 min drive) I was feeling pain as the anesthetic was wearing off. Nothing terrible, but the kind of persistent, annoying pain which I'd imagine can make it hard to focus on driving. Why take the chance?

2) You'll look ok in 2 months most likely.

3) No idea on this one icon_wink.gif

4) Yes you can. in fact, you probably should.

First of all, I really appreciate all your input. But do you think i can just use rogaine and:

1. Maintain my existing hair volume? or

2. the above plus some growth? or

3. Just slower hair lost? or

4. Useless

Again, thanks for all your input.