Doctor Recommendation and Advice

Hello everyone.

I live in Hawaii. So far I've only found 2 doctors and no reviews online for HTs. The doctors are Dr. Herbich Gregory and Dr. Galpin Peter A. I emailed Dr. Herbich for an estimate for a HT also including a photo. Here is his response to my email: "I can use slot grafts(also known as linear grafts)combined with micrographs.Graft counts would be in the hundreds and require atleast 2 sessions. Alternatively you could do 2 sessions of 750 micrografts. The cost for the former would be $3000 per session and the latter $5000 per session."

Questions:

1) Has anyone ever heard/read any reviews about these doctors for HTs?

2) I read on this forum that "ultra refined follicular unit transplantations" are preferrable to other procedures. What can you guys tell me about slot/linear grafts? What kind of results will I get with the doctor's suggestion?

I've attached a photo of my balding.

Thanks

008_1.jpg.234eaf73f6272f60fdebd7ede72955a6.jpg

Hello everyone.

I live in Hawaii. So far I've only found 2 doctors and no reviews online for HTs. The doctors are Dr. Herbich Gregory and Dr. Galpin Peter A. I emailed Dr. Herbich for an estimate for a HT also including a photo. Here is his response to my email: "I can use slot grafts(also known as linear grafts)combined with micrographs.Graft counts would be in the hundreds and require atleast 2 sessions. Alternatively you could do 2 sessions of 750 micrografts. The cost for the former would be $3000 per session and the latter $5000 per session."

Questions:

1) Has anyone ever heard/read any reviews about these doctors for HTs?

2) I read on this forum that "ultra refined follicular unit transplantations" are preferrable to other procedures. What can you guys tell me about slot/linear grafts? What kind of results will I get with the doctor's suggestion?

I've attached a photo of my balding.

Thanks

Yikes!

I havent heard anything about linear slot grafts since the mid 90s when I first started researching HT. They cut the graft into a long sliver and insert into long slice in your scalp. I think this is antiquated. Imagine it would leave bad scar for every slot graft.

Micrografts were better than full plugs but cant create a natural hairline.

Please use one of the docs on this site. Save up. Travel.

James, it is imperative that you do not allow yourself to be swayed into a hair transplant that will not satisfy you.

Slot and mini-grafts have taken a back seat to the ultra-refined follicular grafts used by the best HT surgeons.

In your hairline and the transition zone immediately behind your hairline, you must have refined grafts.

For SOME patients using larger grafts in the frontal core is a better choice.

However, given your pattern of loss, I would not recommend this plan of attack.

In fact, how old are you? Age plays an important part in designing a proper treatment program.

IF you are an appropriate candidate, my guess would be 1000-1500 grafts in a conservative fashion coupled with propecia to help retard additional loss.

I would consider an fue session as an option as well.

Anyway, to put this in perspective, 1000 grafts @ 4.50 per graft is 4500.00.

This is the price for many of the best docs in the world.

Please research your options and choose wisely.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.