Dr. Griffin in ATL.........

Dewayne

Actually at SMG they had a counter. Boring job, but they counted each and every incision that Dr. Shapiro made. I guess what would be nice though is a way to count the yield. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I apologize for the very poor choice of words. If any of you know me (which I know you don't) you would know that is not in my nature at all to be rude or offensive. I also was not meaning to offend any other practices and their means of pricing. We have our patients agree to a session size minimum (the session size minimums are posted in Kriss's post about our pricing; for each session size, that is the absolute MINIMUM number of grafts we must achieve). The patient pays for that session up front. We generally go well above those minimum numbers, and would not come back the next day and expect more money from the patient, etc, even if our numbers went into the next session size.

Like Bill said, it is just a different method of pricing.

If anyone would like any additional info, I am more than happy to accomodate.

Again, sorry to cause any upset; it was certainly not my intention.

Thank you.

Hi NervousNelly,

Just to make a quick post regarding your post: we also use a foot counter to count every opening Dr. Griffin makes. Also our technicians have detailed work sheets documenting how many of each type of grafts (1,2,3-hair, etc) they yield for each sliver they dissect. The grafts are counted when the dissection is completed, and therefore we have a total graft #, in addition to how many of each type of graft (1,2,3-hair) and can therefore also do a total follicle count.

Ya know- If DR. Shapiro is taken to task on grafts (counts?)I'm out, it only lends to this becoming some tin pot dictatorship (pot meet kettle). Where is Pat?

If you ban me for speaking under guidlines of free speach for a difference of opinion ( while enjoying it)...it will be a huge mistake.

I love how people that don't understand say someone makes no sence.

P.S. I just got 350 up. : )

Pat says I'm a big guy . I also go to Capital Hill and Testify in 3 minutes or less.

But you wouldn't understand. DUH.,

AQ-

Ward please don't scold the beaver.

All proceeds go to "Buy a kid a book"..

To prevent air quotes and functional illiteracy. <sp>

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

My point was even if the DR count the grafts, how do we know if they tell us the truth on how many? A dishonest DR could only do 1000 and tell us, and charge us, for 2000. We wouldn't know the difference.

But as I said, by the time we go thru the process to select the DR, I would think we would trust them at that point.

But, unless you have had a HT already with the DR, it's still a leap of faith on our part, that they will do a great job, charge us fairly, etc....