Potential Coalition Membership for three Leading European Physicians

• Administrators

This past May of 2007 I traveled to Europe to verify which hair restoration physicians and clinics are doing ultra refined hair transplantation on pare with the leading clinics in North America.

I was very pleased to identify three such clinics, which in my opinion are doing truly world-class ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation. Based on seeing their surgeries, patient results and patient feedback I think these three clinics should be given serious consideration by this community for membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians .

The physicians/clinics that I propose we grant membership in the Coalition to are -

Dr. Jean DeVroye ??“ Brussels, Belgium

Dr. Bijan Feriduni ??“ Hasselt, Belgium

Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo of the Farjo Medical Centre in Manchester, England

I encourage the members of this community to read the below information about these physicians and follow the links to their posted photo albums, websites and other information. I encourage members to add their input and opinions by posting replies to this topic.

Coalition Candidate Highlights:

Dr. Jean DeVroye in Brussels, Belgium

I have known Dr. DeVroye for several years. In fact we both attended our first hair conference in Paris ten years ago ??“ me as a show case patient of Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. DeVroye as physician who was aspiring to become a great hair transplant surgeon.

Now after ten years of hard work and dedication; I believe that Dr. DeVroye has succeeded. He has really paid his dues over the years ??“ observing and working extensively with leading hair transplant surgeons in North America, attending international hair restoration meetings and more recently becoming an important contributor and teacher in his own right.

Having seen him perform surgery and discussed the finer details of his surgery, I believe that Dr. DeVroye is both an artist and a skilled hair transplant surgeon. He strives for perfection and it shows in his staff, the procedure and in the final patient results.

His procedure is one of the most minimally invasive, refined and clean procedures that I have every seen. His staff also seems to share his enthusiasm and commitment to excellence. They work together as a team harmoniously and their all microscopic graft cutting and placing are second to none in my opinion.

I had the honor of watching three of Dr. DeVroye's ultra refined follicular unit procedures over three days and I was very impressed at all stages of the procedure. It simply doesn't get any better anywhere.

Dr. DeVroye has been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network (see his profile/recommendation ) for the past few years. But after seeing the level of he and his staff's work I think he should be invited to join the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. Frankly, I think he has really earned a place amongst the best of the best.

To view the highlights from my visit to his clinic, click here .

Dr. DeVroye's website also provides a wealth of great information in multiple languages, including immediate post op photos and examples of his trichophytic closure.

Dr. Bijan Ferduni in Hasselt, Belgium

After having spent the last ten years searching for the very best hair transplant physicians, it's rare to discover an outstanding physician who is not on our community. When it happens it's as exciting as finding a giant gem after digging through rocks for days.

That excitement is what I felt after watching Dr. Feriduni and his staff perform truly refined follicular unit grafting. Their attention to detail, donor closure, microscopic graft cutting and graft placing were all excellent. His trichophytic closure technique was one of the most refined that I've ever seen.

Dr. Feriduni offers his patients both ultra refined follicular unit grafting and follicular unit extraction (FUE), with many of his FUE cases exceeding 1,000 grafts in one day and some reaching 3,000 grafts over two day sessions. His strip excision cases now on average exceed 2,500 follicular unit grafts.

Dr. Feriduni provides free and very personable consultations in English, French, German and Flemmish. I look forward to making more information available about Dr. Feriduni and his outstanding clinic.

To see highlights from my visit to Dr. Feriduni's clinic, during which I observed both an FUE surgery and a strip excision surgery, click here.

Dr. Feriduni also sent me some of his impressive patient result photos for consideration by this community. These photos can be viewed by clicking here .

You can also learn more about him, his techniques and patient results by visiting his clinic's website.

Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo of the Farjo Medical Centre in Manchester, England

After watching Dr. Bessam Farjo and his wife Dr. Nilofer Farjo and their staff in action over two days and two impressive ultra refined surgeries during May of 2007, I was very pleased to see that they have successfully incorporated all of the most important recent advances in hair restoration into their clinic and procedure.

All of their grafts are carefully trimmed under microscopes, with Dr. Nilofer Farjo closely supervising the medical technicians, while cutting and placing grafts herself. Nilofer is very hands on and does the critical slivering (sectioning of the donor strip into thin "slivers" that are then divided by the technicians into individual follicular unit grafts). She also does most of the primary training and supervising of the medical technicians using the video screen.

Both Bessam and Nilofer also create all the carefully oriented and minimally invasive graft incisions using custom cut blades that are as small as 0.7mm. Their use of small incisions enables their patients to achieve greater density in a single session, while experiencing quicker healing.

They take a team approach to the surgery with all hands on deck and working harmoniously together. Given the size and skill of the team the clinic can perform large sessions in excess of 3,000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. They typically limit themselves to one patient a day to achieve an optimal level of care.

Their donor strip removal and trichophytic closure are also very state of the art with care taken to minimize any follicle transaction or scarring in the donor area. Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo were involved in the early studies/evaluations of the trichophytic closure technique.

To minimize any potential scarring/stretching in the donor area they prefer to remove long but narrow donor strips.

I was particularly impressed by the collaboration of the husband and wife team of Dr. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo. For the patient of the day, it's like getting two very experienced hair transplant surgeons rather than one. There teaching credits at hair restoration meetings and workshop worldwide are very impressive as are their credentials.

In short, in my opinion, the quality of care and service being provided by the Farjo clinic is on pare with leading clinics in North America. I think they have earned the right to take their place in the Coalition along with their North American colleagues.

They have been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network for a number of years. To read their current recommendation/profiles click on their names.

Dr. Bessam Farjo

Dr. Nilofer Farjo

To view highlights from my observation of two patients over two days, click here. I also had an opportunity to see some of their impressive patient results in person.

To learn more about the Farjos, their techniques and patient results visit their .

website

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

This past May of 2007 I traveled to Europe to verify which hair restoration physicians and clinics are doing ultra refined hair transplantation on pare with the leading clinics in North America.

I was very pleased to identify three such clinics, which in my opinion are doing truly world-class ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation. Based on seeing their surgeries, patient results and patient feedback I think these three clinics should be given serious consideration by this community for membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians .

The physicians/clinics that I propose we grant membership in the Coalition to are -

Dr. Jean DeVroye ??“ Brussels, Belgium

Dr. Bijan Feriduni ??“ Hasselt, Belgium

I encourage the members of this community to read the below information about these physicians and follow the links to their posted photo albums, websites and other information. I encourage members to add their input and opinions by posting replies to this topic.

Coalition Candidate Highlights:

Dr. Jean DeVroye in Brussels, Belgium

I have known Dr. DeVroye for several years. In fact we both attended our first hair conference in Paris ten years ago ??“ me as a show case patient of Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. DeVroye as physician who was aspiring to become a great hair transplant surgeon.

Now after ten years of hard work and dedication; I believe that Dr. DeVroye has succeeded. He has really paid his dues over the years ??“ observing and working extensively with leading hair transplant surgeons in North America, attending international hair restoration meetings and more recently becoming an important contributor and teacher in his own right.

Having seen him perform surgery and discussed the finer details of his surgery, I believe that Dr. DeVroye is both an artist and a skilled hair transplant surgeon. He strives for perfection and it shows in his staff, the procedure and in the final patient results.

His procedure is one of the most minimally invasive, refined and clean procedures that I have every seen. His staff also seems to share his enthusiasm and commitment to excellence. They work together as a team harmoniously and their all microscopic graft cutting and placing are second to none in my opinion.

I had the honor of watching three of Dr. DeVroye's ultra refined follicular unit procedures over three days and I was very impressed at all stages of the procedure. It simply doesn't get any better anywhere.

Dr. DeVroye has been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network (see his profile/recommendation ) for the past few years. But after seeing the level of he and his staff's work I think he should be invited to join the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. Frankly, I think he has really earned a place amongst the best of the best.

To view the highlights from my visit to his clinic, click here .

Dr. DeVroye's website also provides a wealth of great information in multiple languages, including immediate post op photos and examples of his trichophytic closure.

Dr. Bijan Ferduni in Hasselt, Belgium

After having spent the last ten years searching for the very best hair transplant physicians, it's rare to discover an outstanding physician who is not on our community. When it happens it's as exciting as finding a giant gem after digging through rocks for days.

That excitement is what I felt after watching Dr. Feriduni and his staff perform truly refined follicular unit grafting. Their attention to detail, donor closure, microscopic graft cutting and graft placing were all excellent. His trichophytic closure technique was one of the most refined that I've ever seen.

Dr. Feriduni offers his patients both ultra refined follicular unit grafting and follicular unit extraction (FUE), with many of his FUE cases exceeding 1,000 grafts in one day and some reaching 3,000 grafts over two day sessions. His strip excision cases now on average exceed 2,500 follicular unit grafts.

Dr. Feriduni provides free and very personable consultations in English, French, German and Flemmish. I look forward to making more information available about Dr. Feriduni and his outstanding clinic.

To see highlights from my visit to Dr. Feriduni's clinic, during which I observed both an FUE surgery and a strip excision surgery, click here.

Dr. Feriduni also sent me some of his impressive patient result photos for consideration by this community. These photos can be viewed by clicking here .

You can also learn more about him, his techniques and patient results by visiting his clinic's website.

After watching Dr. Bessam Farjo and his wife Dr. Nilofer Farjo and their staff in action over two days and two impressive ultra refined surgeries during May of 2007, I was very pleased to see that they have successfully incorporated all of the most important recent advances in hair restoration into their clinic and procedure.

All of their grafts are carefully trimmed under microscopes, with Dr. Nilofer Farjo closely supervising the medical technicians, while cutting and placing grafts herself. Nilofer is very hands on and does the critical slivering (sectioning of the donor strip into thin "slivers" that are then divided by the technicians into individual follicular unit grafts). She also does most of the primary training and supervising of the medical technicians using the video screen.

Both Bessam and Nilofer also create all the carefully oriented and minimally invasive graft incisions using custom cut blades that are as small as 0.7mm. Their use of small incisions enables their patients to achieve greater density in a single session, while experiencing quicker healing.

They take a team approach to the surgery with all hands on deck and working harmoniously together. Given the size and skill of the team the clinic can perform large sessions in excess of 3,000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. They typically limit themselves to one patient a day to achieve an optimal level of care.

Their donor strip removal and trichophytic closure are also very state of the art with care taken to minimize any follicle transaction or scarring in the donor area. Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo were involved in the early studies/evaluations of the trichophytic closure technique.

To minimize any potential scarring/stretching in the donor area they prefer to remove long but narrow donor strips.

I was particularly impressed by the collaboration of the husband and wife team of Dr. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo. For the patient of the day, it's like getting two very experienced hair transplant surgeons rather than one. There teaching credits at hair restoration meetings and workshop worldwide are very impressive as are their credentials.

In short, in my opinion, the quality of care and service being provided by the Farjo clinic is on pare with leading clinics in North America. I think they have earned the right to take their place in the Coalition along with their North American colleagues.

They have been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network for a number of years. To read their current recommendation/profiles click on their names.

Dr. Bessam Farjo

Dr. Nilofer Farjo

To view highlights from my observation of two patients over two days, click here. I also had an opportunity to see some of their impressive patient results in person.

To learn more about the Farjos, their techniques and patient results visit their .

website

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

pat,let me be the first to applaud your recomendations of these 3 clinics,especially farjo who in my opinion has had an undeserved bad rap over the years.it is very refreshing to read such unbiased reports as yours.i hope maybe other uk and european surgeons can follow this lead and not limit residents this side of the water to the u.s.and canada.i also hope members on this board can put their reservations to bed now concerning drs farjo,somehow i doubt it icon_biggrin.gif onward and upward!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Pat,

Fine information.

Just wondering...can all of these doctor's/clinics do over 3000 FU in a single session?

Do you have any immediately post op pictures from Dr. Feriduni's clinic?

I agree that based on what I've seen that these doctor's do quality work. I hope if these doctors are admitted into the coalition that we will see active involvement from them in our community.

Cheers,

Bill

Pat, from your visit and what you have witnessed of Dr. DeVroye, I would support his inclusion into the Coalition. I do not recall hearing any negative feedback here or elsewhere in the past few years.

I am nuetral/wanting to see more work at this time on Dr. Feriduni.

I am still waiting to see more work from the Farjo clinic in addition to seeing work grow in from other patients who have posted results elsewhere.

I think we have all seen and heard many reports of poor work at the hands of clinics across the pond. It is vitally important that if we add doctors to our Coalition, that they continually produce consistant results.

With that said, I am EXTREMELY happy that you were able to identify clinics that are embracing the techniques employed by the best clinics in the world.

It makes me feel good that you were able to visualize the practices of these three clinics and follow up with a very good report.

I am hopeful that you can contact Dr. Bisanga because I feel his work is on par with the clinics you have recommended for the Coalition as well.

Thanks Again Pat!!!!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I appreciate everyone's input regarding the potential Coalition membership of the above mentioned leading physicians.

At this time I would like to announce our first Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physician member in Europe - Dr. Jean DeVroye .

He has worked hard over the past ten years to build a world class hair restoration clinic and his success in doing so was very evident during my recent visit.

I expect he and his staff will provide excellent service and results to all find him on this community.

The potential Coalition membership for Drs. Farjo and Dr. Feriduni are still pending.

My Hair Loss Blog

Pat,

Personally, based on the recent work I've seen from the Farjo clinic, I'd support your recommendation for admittance on the coalition.

Personally, I would like to see some immediately post op pictures and session details from Dr. Ferduni before I would recommend him, though I trust your evaluation since you have seen him in action first hand.

I hope that all of these clinics will become more active in presenting recent work of varying session sizes and patients.

The Farjo clinic has done a great job in presenting their work. May their admittance into the coalition (if accepted) be even more encouragement to remain active.

Bill

• Administrators

I appreciate everyones input.

Given Dr. Feriduni's state of the art ultra refined procedure and top notch staff and results, he has been granted membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians .

To learn more about Dr.Feriduni and view his impressive ultra refined patient results visit his Coalition profile .

My Hair Loss Blog