I am concern about my hair tranplant

I am african american woman. I had a hair transplant of 2100 grafts at Chicago Office Bosley on November 29, 2008. I seen on your site about this guy had made an appointment at the Boston Office. I seen everyone told him to cancel his appointment. Boy, you guys have made me nerves now. All I wanted was my beautiful hair back in the front and on the sides. My hair started thinning about 8 years ago. My mother passed away and it just fell out. Since I had the transplant it is coming back very slowly, but I still see some bald spots, will my hair grow in? I also wear a skull cap everyday to hide my hair. Will this slow my hair growth? Are there any women who has the same problem? Help out?

I am african american woman. I had a hair transplant of 2100 grafts at Chicago Office Bosley on November 29, 2008. I seen on your site about this guy had made an appointment at the Boston Office. I seen everyone told him to cancel his appointment. Boy, you guys have made me nerves now. All I wanted was my beautiful hair back in the front and on the sides. My hair started thinning about 8 years ago. My mother passed away and it just fell out. Since I had the transplant it is coming back very slowly, but I still see some bald spots, will my hair grow in? I also wear a skull cap everyday to hide my hair. Will this slow my hair growth? Are there any women who has the same problem? Help out?

• 9 months later...

Look into Toppik or some other concealer.

Not familiar with the effects of a skull cap but if it is similar to a sock I can tell you that wearing socks every day causes the hair on my legs underneath the sock not to grow as much. Perhpas you are getting the same effect from the skull cap. put it aside for a couple of months and see.

Hey flower, you still have several more months of growth ahead of you so I wouldn't start to worry just yet. But I agree with the emperor with the skull cap issue. Just like pulling your hair back into a ponytail too tight can cause some recession in women in the front and sides, I think that wearing one of those possibly could have the same effect if you wear it all the time just because they're so tight. I know women can't really wear hats near as much as guys to hide their hairloss but you could go with a bandana maybe. Hope this helps!

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

It is still too early ( 6 months ) to determine how successful your procedure will be. You should be seeing some new growth at this time, but it can take another 6-8 months to obtain your final results. There is a possibility that a tight skull cap could inhibit proper circulation. This is not recommended especially in the case of a recent hair transplant. Hang in there. I hope you end up with a very positive outcome.