For All The Young Lads aging 20-25

er I am 24, been losing hair since i was 18! until i was 23 it was only at the front, but now the crown has thinned much quicker than the front. Ive had my hair cut medium length, i use nanogen and wax it still-didnt mind when it was the front but now i cant see the back im increasingly unhappy with it, considering just shaving it off see how that goes. er when get comments prob best to laugh of or change subject, make sure they dnt know it annoys you and they will stop! def has affected my life i think about it everyday, every time its raining, windy, watersports, soccer etc etc all things i dnt do or have to watch out for. started rogaine foam 3 weeks ago, so far id say its not helped the crown maybe made a little worse and i have developed a few scalp pimples, but im going to give it atleast 6mnths trial and in the summer i will buzz down to a 1

Originally posted by Chuckisduck:

I lost my hair in the front starting about 18 and it stopped creeping back around 24. I got on propecia at the beginning of this year and had a HT 1 month ago.

I'd like to view myself in 10 years and see if it was a good choice.

congrats dude !!!!

hope the HT was well

plz post your pics so that i may also feel better ..

Lets share then..

22 yo, started losing at 17 RAPIDLY, had a 1600 graft transplant last year, medium results needed much more, now going for 2nd in less than 14 days!

Meanwhile i was on both propecia and rogaine which definitely has improved my crown vastly, but the frontal 3rd remains thin.

I am hoping for 2.5k grafts or more with dr. devroye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

i guess i can chime in here...been losing since 17..got my first HT aged 20 and secons aged 21...you can review my progress on my blog..im fresh out of my 2nd HT at presnt at around 3 weeks so i guess it would be good for you guys to follow my prgoress so you know how it tunrs out for me and get some ideas of what you may expect.

im kinda lucky in that i went to a good doctor with a real good repuation and my second HT was done to make amendments from the first as it had not come out the way it was meant to and even in my 2nd ht, we went conservative in that we aimed to use less grafts but to yield maximum result. lets see how it goes. the doc himself has done quite alot of young patients in our age category with some real good results.

hope this helps

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

23...quasi-baldie....started thinning, actually, when I was 17 -- didn't become truly noticeable till' I was ~20...by 21 I was @(@!$*%&(#(@*$(#! icon_smile.gif Guess I was/am a NW4ish....diffuse thinner....headed towards something of a NW5....had 3k rammed into my frontal 1/3rd that was totally barren about 10months ago and have had a great recovery.

Sadly, area behind HT is def starting to thin; thankfully, crown/vertex is quite strong from fin. I'm down for another strip or two, followed by a couple FUE to max myself out. If I can pull 10-15k, which I think I can do, I should basically never have to be bald -- Feller himself told me as much.

My main dilemma is how I'll handle going through the HT process again -- I didn't have much of a social life prior. Considering how harsh my hairloss was at such a young age it's stabilized to a remarkable degree and my "ultimate" pattern is actually not too terrible.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by I am Going Bald Save ME:
Originally posted by Chuckisduck:

I lost my hair in the front starting about 18 and it stopped creeping back around 24. I got on propecia at the beginning of this year and had a HT 1 month ago.

I'd like to view myself in 10 years and see if it was a good choice.

congrats dude !!!!

hope the HT was well

plz post your pics so that i may also feel better ..

I just posted 1.5 months out.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...e-page.asp?WebID=948

I tried to add my blog under my name, but I bet I did it incorrectly.

Bill, If you read this please do it for me or pm me if I need to do it.

yeah thats gr8 chuck

u know u really inspire the way u r coping up with hairloss at such a tender age

i dont have enough money for Ht since i have to come to US for the HT as there are no good docs in india

so i have to just bear myself.

crrently i m 21 and i have the same amount of hairs as u have after ur first HT

HAve u given a thought for hair cloning

hey have i told u guys i made a video site

its vj-online.co.nr

enjoy the vdos there and ooz off ur depression

i will never take propecia it can make ppl impotent

Hey fellas..

i'm just 3 days post op of my 2nd. ht, going with dr. devroye for 2764 grafts and 59xx hairs.

The immidiate result looks extremely promising and i have absolutely no regrets of doing it. The dr. and his staff was really friendly

the main goal was to fill in some of the tempel/sideburn area, lowering the hairline slightly and increase density on the frontal 1/2.

I will post some post op pics soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Originally posted by I am Going Bald Save ME:

yeah thats gr8 chuck

u know u really inspire the way u r coping up with hairloss at such a tender age

i dont have enough money for Ht since i have to come to US for the HT as there are no good docs in india

so i have to just bear myself.

crrently i m 21 and i have the same amount of hairs as u have after ur first HT

HAve u given a thought for hair cloning

hey have i told u guys i made a video site

its vj-online.co.nr

enjoy the vdos there and ooz off ur depression

i will never take propecia it can make ppl impotent

I say good luck, and the one doc in Thailand may be a cheaper option. The propecia I am on is made by French Remedies. Save Me, have you heard of this brand before? Its from India so I was wondering if you might know. Thanks!

I started losing hair at 17, I'd say I'm a mature NW5 now at age 34. It shocked me and was incredibly depressing at times, especially having happened at such a young age. I dealt with it as best I could by focusing on other, better things than my hair. In spite of my hair loss, it never caused me major problems with friends, acceptance or my love life. It still bothered me though, because in a way I feel it's cheated me from my youth somewhat. I've since had a HT in 2000 and my 2nd HT last month. When my last HT grows in I should have good coverage and as long as my loss has stopped, I shouldn't need another HT unless I just want more density.

If I could go back and do it over again, I would have gotten on minox and propecia as early as possible.

-Vasilius

• 3 weeks later...

hey everyone,

I wanted to get in on the conversation because I think more than anything people in the 20-25 age range need a PLAN rather than a momentary solution.

I'm 22, receding hairline since i was about 18. Unbelievably frustrated by almost all of the products I've used. I was snaked into laser hair therapy which promised to not only stop my hairlose in its tracks but to actually lower my hairline. That was a 4000 dollar mistake which i will never make again. DO NOT FALL FOR LASER HAIR THERAPY IT DOESN'T WORK!

I've found propecia to be a stabilizing medication but that's about it. I also plan on going back onto Rogain just to see if it will help out.

I am thinking of waiting about 1 year then reassessing whether Propecia and Rogain has had any affect. If it has stabilized my hair loss I am going under the knife.

And thanatopsis_awry your hair looks sweet now!

Cheers,

plz suggest me what should i do

currently on homeopathic until next year till i m graduated ,i m on my third year honours

after that i will be more serious towards hairs then ever icon_frown.gif

currently hair fall is minimal it was rapid last few months so probably DHT is at rest from doing its work ! icon_frown.gif

Give Minoxidil a chance for six months at the very least.Also try Nizoral shampoo which seems to have a weak effect on dht suppression.

Judging by your photographs you still have minimal recession to your hairline so why not try some brand of concealer. Nanogen might be one to try in hair of your length. Google the name to find out more on this.

Hope this proves to be a source of help.

Hello, I'm going through the process of my hair thinning out on the top of my head. Nothing seems to be falling off at the sides and in the back but only on the top.

I've had a receding hairline since High School and I think it started when I was 17. I never paid much attention to it back then but not much else happened until I was 21. I'm not sure what happened because in March aside from the receding hairline which appeared to have stopped dead in it's tracks back when I was 17 years old my hair began to thin out.

This happened in roughly two months I believe, but judging from some pictures I have it started sooner a lot sooner but I guess it just started to happen at a much faster rate.

DSC00008_-_Copy_n.bmp

This is my hair on the 13th of march.

Basically the same thing but my hair was much thicker on the top of my head but then two months later my hair began to thin out for some reason.

It's driving me insane. I figured maybe it might be due to weight loss or stress since I've lost about 55 pounds since February and around May I had already lost 25 pounds.

I want to try Rogain Foam but I'm not even sure if that works and if it's even worth the money to spend on. icon_frown.gif

3-13-2008_-_Copy_n.bmp

This is my hair now. Although I must admit that I parted it here but it would never look like this. Does Rogain Foam work for thinning hair? Should I see a doctor about my thinning hair see what he says? I'm 22 and I'm not taking this very well.

snapshot20081231mu6.jpg

snapshot200812311xr4.jpg

snapshot200812313is1.jpg

snapshot200812314fw8.jpg