Curb Your Enthusiasm

endoftherope

Does anybody else take comfort in the fact that Larry David is so open about his hairloss and the torture he's experienced from it? Sometimes I wish I had the strength to find the humor in my own baldness and keep on going. When I watch Curb Your Enthusiasm I always end up feeling better about loosing my hair. God bless that guy.

Does anybody else take comfort in the fact that Larry David is so open about his hairloss and the torture he's experienced from it? Sometimes I wish I had the strength to find the humor in my own baldness and keep on going. When I watch Curb Your Enthusiasm I always end up feeling better about loosing my hair. God bless that guy.

• 3 weeks later...

If I made 1/2 of what he does, I'd be just as open and just as happy. Heck, happier icon_wink.gif

Ya wanna know something funny about losing your hair? Most of it comes from YOU. Personally, if there's anything I noticed about folks I know, it's that most really couldn't care less about my hair loss and the ones that did, thought it looked fine and probably wished I'd worry about something else.

True

Larry David uses it as part of his act (smart).Unfortunately, we are all not comedians and cannot play off of it as our images not the same.. I'm sure if you try that strategy with most women it won't get you far.. I do agree though, we do make it worse ourselves but honestly.. I can see a big difference in responses from people since my 3000 Ht's and it's not my imgination.. It's a better looking head of hair and sexier appeal..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Ha,

Funny guys..

Yes, sad but true.. BUT we are doing something about it!! That means a lot

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Did you see the Curb where someone writes "bald asshole" on Larry's door in spray paint and he tries to make it into a hate crime? He's talking to two cops who came to his door and this one bald, black cop goes, "hey i'm bald and i dont find this offensive" and larry's like "With all due respect, officer, you are not bald, you shaved your hair to be fashionable, and we don't really consider you part of the bald community."

I did see that episode--hilarious.

It's funny how we are that way. Here I am wanting to get a HT but I was always jealous of a buddy of mine that had a full head of hair but chose to shave it. His look was ultra cool I always thought.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey

Yeah NN.. Some dudes look cool shaved & the stubble looks cool too growing in.. It's such a luxury to be able to change your style too.. What Norwood are you NN?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Good question. Believe it or not I never bothered to figure out because it just seemed like I didn't fit a classification if that makes sense. Maybe I would be a 4??? 5??? Don't know. icon_confused.gif

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hi NN

Look at the pics and see which you resemble the most.. I know my doc said i was a N5 but I felt I wasn't that bad as I had more diffuse thinning.. Everything is relative though, and it all comes down to how many grafts you need..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Exactly. I guess if I were to go with the general rule of 1000 grafts per Norwood classification I am a 5. I say this because to achieve full coverage and a lot of density I would think that I need 5000 Fu from the further research I've done. That being said though, I would probably have the appearance of full head of hair with that many grafts so it all depends on my desires and wallet. I think that I will show a huge cosmetic difference with 3000+ Fu because I have waivy hair. You tell me--my photos are posted in the photo album section. Thanks icon_smile.gif

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hi NN

I saw one of your pics.. You are similar to where I was when I staeted and I would say 5000 would be a good number for a full restoration.. Can't see your crown in the pic but I'm assuming you have some loss back there too. To this point I have had about 2900 with a nice effect.. With concealer my hair looks perect and full. I need a bit more mid region work and a little on the crown which is my goal for my March appt.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!