SMG HT today

Relaxo

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who posts on this forum regularly as doing my research for the past few months helped me make a great decision for HT and let me avoid the hair mills. Dr. Ron Shapiro throughout my surgery today continued to make sure that I had every question answered, kept me comfortable/pain free throughout surgery, and all of the staff was top notch in honesty. I got 3006 grafts and am currently in the hotel feeling the pain but I guess that was expected. The doldrums are about to begin and apparently, that's the worst part of all this as the actual surgery day went by like a breeze. SMG definetly lived up to their reputation

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who posts on this forum regularly as doing my research for the past few months helped me make a great decision for HT and let me avoid the hair mills. Dr. Ron Shapiro throughout my surgery today continued to make sure that I had every question answered, kept me comfortable/pain free throughout surgery, and all of the staff was top notch in honesty. I got 3006 grafts and am currently in the hotel feeling the pain but I guess that was expected. The doldrums are about to begin and apparently, that's the worst part of all this as the actual surgery day went by like a breeze. SMG definetly lived up to their reputation

yeah man, max we could get with a 1.425 cm strip cut was 3000...average donor density area but i do have coarse hair which apparently will make for illusion of more density. The pain killers are doing well but I only took 2 since I left....maybe I'll take one more before i go to bed. I'll be posting pics soon....i didn't bring a camera so ill get matt or janna to email me the pre/post op pics and i'll post pics monthly....gonna get on rogaine foam in about 2 weeks and continue propecia (only started it 1 month prior to surgery)...i wish i'd have started that sooner.

3000 is a very nice number to start things off in my opinion. The most I had was 2124 in one shot and that made a nice difference. Yes,now its on the waiting train and the feelings that go with. e patient and dont freak out.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

the following was posted by Mrjb .. i remembering reading this when i was in the hotel after my HT and it cheered me up and gave me the boost i needed..

Month 1 - Question? What did I do? This hurts!

Month 2 - What's going on? Are these things normal to happen?

Month 3 - Impatience/doubt?(no growth & scar concern)

Month 4 - More impatience/doubt. This didn't work

Month 5 - Frustration (looking in mirror every hour)

Month 6 - Hope! I see something (scar fading)

Month 7 - Elation! Growth and small results, hair is coarse but it's HAIR!

Month 8 - Happiness & compliments (people notice)Scar fading

Month 9 - More people notice. You have a new hairstyle!

Month 10 - God I should have done this sooner!!!

Month 11 - I want another!!

Month 12 - WOW, what a difference (#2 is scheduled)

Month 13-14 - It's soo natural and full

im 7 months on now and everythings movin up there, haha.. every bought my first hair brush in 17 years! congrats on the HT

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Hey man. Glad to hear you had a great experience. I had my procedure with SMG on Nov 30th... looks like I am to you as Arrie is to me. lol =)

Hope you are feeling better. Remember that the best part of pain management is prevention, and that ice is your best friend. Lots and lots of ice.

Let me or Arrie know if you have any questions, as we are only a few months ahead of you. =)

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Congrads Relaxo.

Make sure you stay on top of those pain killers.

In other words don't take them like candy...but take them the second you feel a little pain coming on.

On a scale of 1-10 some people wait untill the pain is a 5 and thay take one....big mistake.

When you do this the painkiller takes longer to work.

If you take them when you FIRST feel pain you'll be fine in twenty minutes.

If you wait until you're a 5 it can take an hour and a half...that's silly.

Everyone is different...but you get the idea.

Good luck pal...welcome to the club.

MH

Congrats for talking the HT plunge! Hope the donor is feeling a bit better. Glad you had a good first experience... icon_biggrin.gif

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.