When do i actually start seeing a Big difference after an HT?

You are at the most difficult time, my friend. The next couple of months will probably be difficult, if you're normal.

I believe most people start seeing a difference at the 7 - 8 month point. I'm at 5.5 months and see some hairs growing out, but apparantly they get to thickening up to about 18 months!

Take a look at the "Twins" Spex has posted, and someone 'bumped' up to today. That guy saw a lot of growth after the 8 month point.

Of course, some guys are lucky and have a full head of hair after five months!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Yup, it varies from person to person, depending upon how quickly the hair begins to sprout. On average, most see some small signs of activity up there by months 3-4, then moderate to good growth 6-8. Usually they say the final result can be judged after 1 year.

Personally, I was done growing by about month 8; only maturation (some softening/thickening) followed. You sound like you're right on track though.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I had a procedure with Parsley in Kentucky last December (as well as one 9 years ago also by parsley and a bad Bosley procedure in 1994). I am a few days shy of the 9 month point, and the results are blowing me away! I saw growth at 3 months, but there was not a significant difference until probably after the 7-8 month point. It still gets better every day! The color and texture are changing to match my existing hair, and that is where the REAL cosmetic difference is occurring. Patience, you are only beginning!

Thinman,

Hang in there my friend. You are only at the very beginning of the ride. Full maturation of a hair transplant is around the one year mark, but most can expect to see good cosmetic improvement by the 7th or 8th month, sometimes before.

Stimpson,

I'm pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience with Dr. Parsley. I had the privilege to meet with him in person this week and believe he is very passionate about performing first-rate hair transplant surgery.

I encourage you to start your own thread to share your experience and create a hair loss weblog to document your progress and share your before, immediately postoperative, and after photos.

Best wishes,

Bill

various by person and by procedures.

Probably see good results in 7 months but continued growth sometimes out ot 18months.

SMOOTHY

Dr.Shapiro

Propeica/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Zinc/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3 oz daily

Thanks Bill, and hello. I have extensive photos, but due to a horrific hard drive crash the photo documentation now only begins in the ugly duckling phase (I lost all the pre-op and first 3 weeks post op photos). I suppose it could still be worth a weblog, though, and I will work on that next week. Heaven knows I have taken enough from this site, I could stand to give back a little. I will now cease the hijacking of this thread. THanks - Stimpy

Thinman,

Well done on choosing Dr Parsley, i met him first of all six years ago and he just blew me away with his passion and demeanour.I met him again last week and nothing has changed, he is still as passionate and caring as then.He is this year's ISHRS President and is thoroughly deserving of this award.

Re your hair it really is a waiting game,Some see early growth around the three to four month mark but for most it will be several months before those changes really kick in.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians