canadian doctors

I'm a newcomer to this forum and I've been wanting a HT for years. My only worry is here in Montreal where I live the HT clinics seem to be too inexpensive and it makes me weary about the results. Does anybody know of a good doctor in the area of Quebec icon_confused.gif. If so how can I check them out. None of the doctors here are on this websites recommened Drs. The present doctor I last consulted suggested one megasession of about 1600 FU grafts. The price is about 2600.00 CDN. And it is totally tax deductable as a medical expense. It seems too good to be true.

I think I need some advice.

Well if you are so concerned with price I think you should keep waiting until you are financially stable enough to afford the hairloss preventative maintenance as well as the follow-up hair transplants.

Unfortunately this is not a matter of 1,600 FU and you're done for good. There is likely more work down the road at least to refine the first pass.

Finally, you also need to SERIOUSLY consider traveling to get the best possible job to reduce the risk of needing even more HTs down the road or even needing to have repair work done.

I went to Dr Robert Jones in Toronto who offers some of the best work and rates available for Strip and FUE.

The worry I have is definately not the expense. I was worried that in comparison to all the renowned Drs. throughout the world who do charge more for their work, are Canadian doctors up to par. Personally I thought the prices were too cheap, that is what scared me. Now I checked out Dr. Jones website. I am glad to see that some of the best Drs. are in fact Canadian. My next step is to call him.

Thanks for the advice.

nvs to tsplt ,

I personally believe that the price you mentioned is a little too low.. but i wouldnt worry too much about price ( well, as long as its not prohibitively high which it isnt!)

I have never gotten an HT and was planning for one soon.. I might end up spending anywhere from 6K-8K for a little less grafts than you mentioned... So i strongly suggest you to

1. do your research /learn the technology

2. meet the doctors

3. see the patients who had procedure done

4. set your goals or requirements

5. go for it !!!

How many things have you bought until now that stay on your body every minute of the rest of your life ??

I learnt a lot on this website (thanks a bunch, Pat! and thanks to Internet! ) so can you..

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

Thanks for the encouragement Pat. I actually set aside about the same amout of funds for it. Like you said I have spent thousands of dollars on my toys for grown ups that I end up getting tired of them eventually. It is definately an investment worth making that will last a lifetime.

Thanks again

This website is loaded with info for all.

As far as HT's that's the place to go.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

You should not be worried about the quality of HT you can have in Montreal. Like everywhere in the US there is some good and not soo good places.

Do your homework, ask questions, go in more than a couple clinics.

About the price, HT are cheaper in Montreal than in New-York, as well as appartment, restaurant.....................

get the point ??

Good luck

Don't forget to first narrow your choice of Drs down to a final list before you think "price" anymore.

You scare me a little because you seem very focused on price. If you sort 100 Drs by price you may get a very different list than what is recommended here.

First rank the talent then rank the price if you must.