Suggestion Please

Hi,

I came across this discussion form couple of days back and it seems to be a very resourceful one for a guy like me. I am planning to go for HT and I might require somewhere around 6000FU. My biggest concern is budget and I cant spend more than 10000. I have been reading about Ron, Fellar, and couple of other physicians but am not sure how much they charge. It will be great if some one can suggest how much those doctors charge and the best one for my budget.

Thanks,

Karthik

Karthik,

Welcome to the forum. As you stated in your original post, this site will be resourceful. Stick around and read the posts and you will learn more about HT's that you ever thought possible!

Just for the heck of it I recently posted prices for DR. Rahal because I became aware of his quality work and new that many of our members are concerned about price. He is actually cheaper than Dr. Feller because his prices are in Canadian dollars and when converted to US$ you can get 3000 FU for approx. $9000 US and Ottawa is an awesome city to visit. Check out the previous post under Budget Wise.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Just another idea as well......

If you let the clinic know that you have 10,000K maximum to spend, maybe they will work out a nice deal with you.

I know from all of my phone calls that many Docs are willing to take a 10,000 day in exchange for 300-600 extra grafts.In addition, don't forget that all of these Docs are human beings and many understand financial constraints as well.

Good Luck in your pursuit of non-balding happiness!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Karthik,

You say you need 6000 FU's. Is that for full coverage? If it is, then even if all you can get is say 4000 FU's, that will make a huge difference, then in a year or so you may be in better financial position to come back and finish up. As you can see, most on board here do not get it all done in one shot anyway.

Good luck my friend,

NoBuzz

My opinion after having had two HT's....try for as many FU's as safely possible on HT #1. Beg , borrow and steal the money for the first mega HT. This will allow you time to save more money for your second HT and also allow a nice time interval for your first HT to fully mature. Everyone has a budget, but I would encourage you to not be solely driven by cost. The highest quality Doctors might cost a little more up front but you will have the rest of your life to show off the excellent results! When you talk to Doctors about issues, incuding costs, if you have maximum flexibility for a late notification in your schedule they might be able to work with you if a cancellation arises.

Good luck and keep doing your research.

Cheers, S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

I agree with Salt&Peppa, try to do it in one shot if possible but first and foremost:

- Are you on Finasteride? How old are you?

- Post pictures here so the veteran members can give you advice. You might be surprised to hear something other than 6000 FU

- Make a list of the forum recommended HT Docs you choose and get free consults. The more consults, the more knowledge plus you'll hear different opinions

- Once you know what you need from your research and consults, bargain with the Docs, ask them to book you when they are slow, when they have a cancellation, etc ... be creative and don't be afraid to ask, you'll be treated the same whether you pay full price or not.

Keep us posted and have fun with the process, you have lots of friends on this forum.

Beg , borrow and steal the money for the first mega HT

Stealing probably isn't the most sound advice :P. But I do agree...going for the largest session possible in the beginning is best in your case, that is, if you are certain you really need as many grafts as you say you do. If you don't have the money now...save up...or pull out a loan or use a credit card or something to pay for the balance.

Keep us posted.Bill

Definitely all sound advise minus the stealing and credit card but you get the drift.

I like people to consider also that they might NOT be in a position financially to get a future HT. This needs to be a consideration. The HT should be able to stand on its own in case you can never get a future one due to financial reasons. I would hate for someone to "plan" it thinking that a future HT will conceal something or add the finishing touch. What then happens if there is no future HT. OOPS. Keep that in mind. It would suck but it has to be a consideration.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Wow, I guess I have to rescind the remark about " beg, borrow and steal" due to public pressure. I now change that to-- beg, borrow or sell your body on the street corner for 2 bits per-------late. S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's