Who can remove the sutures and staples?

Hi All,

I am about to travel overseas to have my first HT next week, I just want to know who I should get to remove the sutures/staples since I will have returned back home after 4 days. Can I get a GP to remove my sutures or do I need to go to a plastic surgeon or a HT doctor in my area?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Just ask for a suture kit and anybody can get them off for you. You can ask your primary dr or if you dont have one just follow the directions and get your wife or significant other to do it.. GL

where r u going to ge tthe HT

Thanks Marino, I will ask for the suture kit and book my GP to remove it for me. I was just worried that I would need someone who was skilled so it does not affect my donor scar. I am going to the Shapiro Medical Group in Minnesota to have my HT with Dr Ron Shapiro.

Im having my HT on a wednesday so I was wondering if it would be ok to get it removed only 9 days post op as it will be a friday otherwise I will have to wait till monday.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Originally posted by JakeVig:

Im having my HT on a wednesday so I was wondering if it would be ok to get it removed only 9 days post op as it will be a friday otherwise I will have to wait till monday.

I asked the same question today and was told I need to leave them in until monday. Matt said he wouldn't recommend removing them before 10 days.

JakeVig-

marino450's right..........anyone can do it for you as long as they take care. I had my wife pull my staples (77 or so of them, I think), and it was easy.

I think the ususal timing for removal is 10 days post-op, but Dr. Wong gave me clearance at 8 days for my 2nd HT. It may have to do with the size of a session or the individual's scalp laxity. Just ask for directions when you have the HT.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.