rafaels photos

rafael

Hello Rafael. What is the name of clinic where you have done your HT? How much did it cost you to get 2000 grafts done. I am going to get HT too and I am doing reserche where to do it and how much should I spend. I was told by Boosley I need about 2500 grafts, but I am not gonna go thru them with my HT couse the people here are not happy with them.

I am also curious as to where the surgery was done. Yes it is great to see the tiny hairs but be ready for them to likely disapear for awhile. Keep us posted regularly on how things turn out for you. Thanks for posting.

Peter--Glad you learned one very valuable thing from this site.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by Peterp079:

Hello Rafael. What is the name of clinic where you have done your HT? How much did it cost you to get 2000 grafts done. I am going to get HT too and I am doing reserche where to do it and how much should I spend. I was told by Boosley I need about 2500 grafts, but I am not gonna go thru them with my HT couse the people here are not happy with them.

Peter - glad indeed you elected not to go with Bosley. I unfortunately did not have the level of information that is readily available today, so I had to learn the hard way... See this link for the Bosley graft photos, which were done as recently as 2000:

Link to M&M Photos

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

it is called kellers facial plastic surgery and laser center 924 westwood blv suite 515 los angeles ca 90024 (800) 423-8627 310 231-7544 or in santa barbara where i had it done 221 w. pueblo steet suite A santa barbara ca 93108 (805) 687-6408

Originally posted by Orion:

Guys am I the only one here who thinks that hairline design is a bit odd? Was your doctor one of the coalition members? Something doesn't seem right here.

He is not a coalition doctor. On his website, he calls it out as a 'new ILHT technique? The text is a little scary - very little facts, lots of marketing lingo.

"Giving you the world's most natural-looking hair transplant requires a fresh approach. That fresh approach starts with your very first evaluation. In the first meeting we pay the utmost attention to your every question, comment, and concerns. Your complete satisfaction is our highest priority.

The hair on your scalp is genetically produced. The major cause of hair loss is the hair loss gene and the male hormone; thus, it affects only the genetically nonpermanent hairs. Hairs on the side and back of the head are genetically permanent. These permanent hairs are used for hair transplantation.

There was a time when hair transplants looked like plugs, doll hair, or cornrows. With 26 years' experience in hair transplantation and the I.L.H.T. technique, our quest is always for perfection. We are able to achieve the most natural hair transplants. You would think the natural looking, virtually undetectable hair transplants would take an extended series of time-consuming visits. In fact, quite often only one brief surgical procedure may be required in order to please even the most demanding, most discerning, and most discriminating eyes of all: yours.

We use depth precision in our surgery, microscopic magnification, and expansion techniques to get faster, fuller, and natural results. To design your hairline we use a unique arithmetic system to choose optimum proportions, angles, and ratios for various components of the face. Like your own unique DNA, your hairline is uniquely yours.

After surgery you can drive home yourself. Some patients go back to work the very same day."

Who are these people, driving home while on some heavy drugs? Anyway...

My concerns might be the size of the grafts, the amount of blood (older techniques?), the uneven spacing, and whether the patients goals of density will be attained.

Time will tell and for now I wish him some happy growth!

M&M Weblog

Rafael,

Thank you for posting your photos on this forum. I don't want to assume anything, so I'll first ask you a few questions and then give you some observations I've made:

1. What is your strategy on restoring your hair?

2. Do you plan to go back and add more density later?

3. Did the doctor give you a game plan? I

My observations

1. This transplant will give you some hair, but it most likely will not yield a lot of density

2. The grafts are placed relatively far apart.

3. 2000 grafts is simply not a lot of grafts to cover such a large area

4. The hairline placement does appear a little odd to me as well. Perhaps it will look different when it grows in.

Despite the negatives, I hope you will take some positives from this. You will have some new hair, but it might not be exactly what you expect depending on how much the doctor went through with you about expectations. The good news is, if you are dissatisfied, you can always go to a different clinic to add more density and refine the hairline.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Rafael,

As you can see from my first post above, I didn't really offer much feedback. I now sit on the fence when someone posts their photos because there is always the fear of causing too much undue concern. Quite often things might look a little odd but with a matter of time there may always be a happy ending. Moreover, we are unaware of your goals so this HT might be exactly what you are looking to achieve.

I do agree with the others that the hairline is unique but I hope that as it grows out we will see the concept the doc was shooting for. I think that Bill is correct that you will definitely have some hair but the density might not be exactly what you are looking for, but hell you have to start somewhere. Best of luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

have seen some other pics of people and i do see that the way my hair line was done seems a bit odd, but i am crossing my fingers,, i do know that i will not have the density i may have wanted, but this is my first step as to what made me choose this guy, i went to a seminar he did and saw first hand clients of his, and prosedures being done, i was impressed with the portofolio he had, in his office,, well only time will tell

Rafael,

You have the right attitude. All you can do is wait at this point. Give your surgery at least a year before you consider another one. That way you'll get the maximum results out of your surgery and then you can decide where to go from there. You never know...perhaps the hairline will look better once it grows in.

NervousNelly and everyone,

I agree...it's difficult to find the right way to give someone feedback when it's not all positive. Personally, I believe in an honest but tactful approach...to tell it like it is, however, with hopefully obvious intent to help. Nobody does it perfectly, not to mention that some people have the potential to get bent out of shape no matter how nicely you give bad news. BUT, I think in the long run, offering sincere and honest feedback is most beneficial in the longrun. I certainly don't want to be mean, but I don't want to sugar coat things either. How can anyone learn and grow if challenges and truth are not brought forth? This goes for any aspect of life...especially in our closest relationships. Admittedly, some people take constructive criticisim or loving challenges better than others...but the peope you will be the closest with are the ones you can share these things with open and honestly. Sure there might be some hard feelings in the beginning...but if one is mature enough...they will love you even more for it in the long run. I realize now I've gone far beyond the scope of this discussion...but I think it's a good principle to live by. Of course, there are times that are more appropriate for it than others...but we learn as we go.

Bill

• Administrators

Rafael,

Welcome to our community and thanks for sharing. I think you got some very honest feedback from the members of this community. I agree with these replies and Bill's below comments in particular:

"My observations

1. This transplant will give you some hair, but it most likely will not yield a lot of density

2. The grafts are placed relatively far apart.

3. 2000 grafts is simply not a lot of grafts to cover such a large area

4. The hairline placement does appear a little odd to me as well. Perhaps it will look different when it grows in.

Despite the negatives, I hope you will take some positives from this. You will have some new hair, but it might not be exactly what you expect depending on how much the doctor went through with you about expectations. The good news is, if you are dissatisfied, you can always go to a different clinic to add more density and refine the hairline."

I encourage you to continue to participate on this forum and observe the post op photos of other patients for future reference.

Best wishes for great growth. Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I love you Bill!!!!!!!! (sniff.....tear.........)

Seriously though, very nice comments my friend..... and even better advice.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

i really do appreciate all the comments neg or possitive, all is good,, i do agree that 2000 graphs will not give me density, i kind of think it will give some hair but will be see through, lol,, as for the hair line, lets see what happens, i do remember telling my doc that i didnt want a even round hairline, maybe thats why he did it this way, well lets hope he knows what he is doing ,,lol,, not scared yet,, just excited to see the results and if more is needed more will come thanks

I like your attitude Rafael. You are a positive dude! I think this transplant will give you a solid base. You will most likely want another one later to add a little more density.

Good luck with your growth. Keep us posted.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Rafael - I agree with Gorpy. You have an excellent attitude. As mentioned in my 2nd post, my concern was the uneven spacing of the grafts and whether your goals of density would be attained. But what's done is done and now let's hope for the best!

Good luck!

M&M Weblog