Transplants in Bangkok?

I've had 4 strip transplants in the uk to the crown area but am still thinning.Am considering visiting Bangkok for a 500 graft strip transplant with trico scar closure.The cost is ??700.00 Half the uk cost at least.Has anyone visited Bangkok for this please?Are the surgeons over there competent?

I've had 4 strip transplants in the uk to the crown area but am still thinning.Am considering visiting Bangkok for a 500 graft strip transplant with trico scar closure.The cost is ??700.00 Half the uk cost at least.Has anyone visited Bangkok for this please?Are the surgeons over there competent?

• Administrators

Bendover,

Something tells me that hair transplantation is not Bangkok's strong suite. Some things are indeed better cheap. But flying around the world for a cheap 500 graft strip session is not one of them.

By the way, interesting choice of a name. If you do make the trip to Bangkok for a hair transplant it just might become a fitting moniker for you :-)

Your willingness to travel may serve you well. But I suggest you keep looking and keep your focus on quality, with price being secondary.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi Pat

Thanks for your reply.I have been doing my homework on transplants in bangkok,unfortunately you tend to rely on email discussion and trust the doctor/clinic.I have had 3 strips here in the uk.??4500 total yet am still thinning on the crown.I do understand it can be a catch up game.I usually get 350 grafts for ??1500. in Uk.I know cheapest isnt always the best,that goes with anything i'm sure.I guess most places other than the Uk tend to be cheaper.Will still investigate and let you know if i go to Bangkok.Oh,will have my butt safely planted on a seat at all times!lol