Sharon Keene

losingquick

I am a patient of Dr. Keene, but unfortunately I don't have any pics. I can tell you that I had 2 surgeries with Dr. Keene and have good results.

• 2 weeks later...

One of Dr. Keene's patients posted a fairly lengthy message about his experience with her. The patient was a physician and therefore able to offer some unique insights. His post is somewhere on this site although you may have to search a bit to find it. Among the reasons he liked Dr. Keene was her "hands on" approach. In other words, rather than having technicians do most of the work, she was actively involved in every aspect of it. Also, Dr. Keene performs HT surgery one week of each month with Dr. Shapiro's clinic in Minnesota. This clinic has a sterling reputation and is considered one of the very best in terms of absolute quality and is very, very reasonable in price!

Sorry for the delay in replying. Proximity should only be a factor in your decision after you have evaluated the bigger factors. This is something that will be with you the rest of your life, so choose carefully. There are probably a couple dozen docs in the US that do the best quality work, so it's really just a matter of narrowing it down to who you feel most comfortable with, out of that group. I chose Dr. Keene because of her reputation, and my consultation with her went very well. I also spoke to some of her patients in NM and AZ. I agree with the other poster that said she is very "hands on". She only does one surgery per day, and you are it! She does a double closure, with the inner being dissolvable and the outer being the kind you have to remove after a week or so. I believe, as she does, that this maximizes your chances of getting a really nice scar. I have had two surgeries, and my scar is hard to find. I am somewhat of a "special case" as I had plug grafts many years ago, am probably a NW 6, and had very limited donor supply available. Still, she thought she could help me, and she did. If you have any more questions, just ask. Let me know if you want to connect via email or phone, I'll be happy to help. The guys I spoke to before I had my surgery helped me out considerably with my decision, so I feel like I should pass on the favor.

• 2 weeks later...

Gary i would appreciate any help/advice you can give. I'm a nw 5a and worried that I wouldn't benefit from the procedure. I've sent pictures to several doctors and have received emails back from all of them. I've had only one conversation with dr. keene and felt comfortable with her. My email address is losingquick2001@yahoo.com. If you could email any information that you think would help to make the decision to have the procedure and which dr to choose, i would be grateful. I never asked dr keene for a list of patients that i could contact. That would be my next step. TIA!!!!!