Buzzcuts

Joecifus

Short hair is in. I came out of the 70's and 80's so it's hard to get that short hair is cool, but it is.

And even if you want to go real short or even buzzed real tight, It still look's alot better if you have hair then shinny scalp. That's why some guy's go FUE,FIT, and buzz it. You have an up to date haircut, and have no scar.

I think some people also buzz it short to get the remaining hair to a length similar to the transplanted and/or incoming grafts. It makes it less noticeable than the "Bozo the Clown" look one has, if their recipient area is shaved for HT surgery. Unfortunately, many bald guys have that Bozo look because they keep their remaining hair too long.

My two cents,

Mr. T

I buzz down my sides, and keep the top about 1.5 inches long. I just like the look. The hair on the sides of my head is real thick and real straight, and if I let it grow I'd probably look like I'd been electrocuted.

Manko

Well there would be a few really good reasons for someone to get a buzz cut after having a transplant.

A lot of the times, a HT looks like shit. Its too thin, permanent shedding or just additional hairloss after HT.

Buzz Cuts look really good, especially if one has a good hairline that frames the face nicely.

The ultimate paradox with HT,s is that hair as thin as that received from a HT looks best when buzz cut. A non FUE HT has its obvious flaws when buzz cut.

Just my 2 cents.

El Guapo

i think those of us with extensive baldness nw6, horseshoe heads getting only all FUE done, spreading it out, and just keeping it relatively short/buzzed is the way to go.

For nw6 your never going to get the type of coverage you really need, so if you spread them around with an FUE type of procedure and give a uniformed look you can appear quite good considering where you were before with nothing.

For extensive fue type of procedures (multiple) they need to shave your head anyways to get at the grafts. So until they grow in you might as well just keep it all buzzed like i have been doing.

I might just continue to buzz it forever at this point. (not shave with a razor, but buzz with clippers)

After a short while you get used to it.. , and its easy to maintain, dont have to worry about wind, rain, sprays, and all that other stuff that thinning hair guys do (i did) with or without transplants.

Other things in life, enjoying life itself becomes at easier to do with one less thing to worry about.