tight scalp after 4238 grafts

Docdave,

I echo the 1 year point....BTW you may have a very tight feeling scalp during the healing period, this may or may not subside later. This is one more reason FUE may come around soon.

Good Luck !

NW

Hello Jim,

I recall receiving excellent information from you.

I am at 55 days post 2200 grafts. At least 15 percent never fell out,and are up to 3/4 inch, 20 percent have sprouted. And there is the odd pimple appearing on the scalp.

and for the rest I guess just have to wait for the 4 month mark.

As I did the paretial humps too,(Elvis temples!)

I would really like to know your progess.

Thanks,

Bob.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for asking. I'm doing quite well and according to Dr.Wong, ahead of schedule. Interestingly, the "Elvis Temples", especially on the right side, appear to be ahead of the rest of my head. Overall, I have good, whispy growth throughout.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and got that "scab thing" worked out.

Take Care,

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

• 1 month later...

Hareguy,

The tranplanted temple hair may have thickened a little, it's hard to tell. I'll know when I compare my 5 month pics with the 4 month, which will be in about 2 weeks. At this point, it's blending well with the hair below it, just above the sideburn. That's naturally a little thin. So I don't think I would want the temple hair to be too thick as to not blend with the surrounding hair.

I expect an overall thickening (don't we all) as I progress. I do know that from 3 to 4 months, there has been a huge difference.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Thanks, Jim. That makes sense. I thought the temple work was higher, near the forehead, but when I went back to look, it was nearer the sideburns. So was it planned to be just a tad thinner?

BTW, appreciate your posts and informing us of continued progress.Some HT post immediately of their experiences & then discontinue, so it makes you wonder how things are turning out.

HG