HT scheduled next month

bk

I will be having my HT by the Shapiro group early April. This is after reasearching for years. Do you have to stop your life before surgery. Need some input on before I go for it. Really like the input in this site. The pre-op list is very long, should I trim down my hair,stop partying,can I drive after my HT (only1hr from the clinic).

Dr Rose will be my HT, I only saw Matt my first and only visit. My blood work is done. Talk to guys on the referral list and everything was positive. Not much going on this month just lots of questions.

I will be having my HT by the Shapiro group early April. This is after reasearching for years. Do you have to stop your life before surgery. Need some input on before I go for it. Really like the input in this site. The pre-op list is very long, should I trim down my hair,stop partying,can I drive after my HT (only1hr from the clinic).

Dr Rose will be my HT, I only saw Matt my first and only visit. My blood work is done. Talk to guys on the referral list and everything was positive. Not much going on this month just lots of questions.

I was also told not to take anything that would thin the blood for either a week or 2 weeks (don't remember), don't drink alcohol for a week-10 days, and take 1000mg Vitamin C 2 weeks prior (to aid in healing), and Vitamin K for 1 week prior. My healing was very quick and I did not have a lot of bleeding during surgery.

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

BK,

Nice choice with the Shapiro/Rose team, I would suggest you expect some temporary shock loss for the 3 months following surgery, this is far more common on guys having a 1st HT, normally the hair grows back in with the new grafts and you may get lucky and not have any shock loss.....but honestly the 1st 3 months following surgery are definately the toughest.

Of course the improvement from a top notch doc is worth the wait !

Good Luck !

NW

bk:

I don't think the list will be as hard to implement as you think. For instance, longer hair is just to conceal the donor scar. I found it not too bad.

Rose is a good guy and is personable. He does believe in being conservative. You need to expect improvement but not a complete metamorphysis (sp?) because he won't screw your tomorrows for today.

In my case, he filled in my temples some to a NW2 look, but planted plenty of hairs behind the hairline and through the top to "plan for future loss".

Best of luck to you.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.