I've Made My Decision...Just scheduled with Doc Shapiro!

Well, I am pretty excited. Just got off the phone with Matt Zupan at SMG and scheduled my procedure with Shapiro for early July (they are booking really far out right now, and I was lucky to get this spot!). I feel very confident in this choice. Despite my desire for a low, dense hairline, I know Dr. Shapiro will develop an appropriate strategy for helping me to combat the loss.

Special thanks to Bspot, Pat, M&M, troy, and buddyebsen for the advice on selecting a surgeon. I appreciated the feedback, gentlemen.

troy--would still like to see your work with Dr. Rose. Work got busy this week, but will contact you soon. Hope you are well.

Current Regimen:

Nizoral 1% (3x weekly)

EMU Oil (nightly application)

MSM (3,000mg daily)

Viviscal (2x daily)

Daily Multivitamin

Well, I am pretty excited. Just got off the phone with Matt Zupan at SMG and scheduled my procedure with Shapiro for early July (they are booking really far out right now, and I was lucky to get this spot!). I feel very confident in this choice. Despite my desire for a low, dense hairline, I know Dr. Shapiro will develop an appropriate strategy for helping me to combat the loss.

Special thanks to Bspot, Pat, M&M, troy, and buddyebsen for the advice on selecting a surgeon. I appreciated the feedback, gentlemen.

troy--would still like to see your work with Dr. Rose. Work got busy this week, but will contact you soon. Hope you are well.

Current Regimen:

Nizoral 1% (3x weekly)

MSM (3,000mg daily)

Viviscal (2x daily)

Daily Multivitamin

• Administrators

Bball,

I think we all know that you made a wise choice. We will all be excited to see your results on this forum.

Welcome in advance to the real "hair club".

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Congrats Bball!!!! Let us know how things go, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions! I look forward to your before and afters!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks, guys! I have to admit, I am pretty pumped right now. I will definately post the before and afters so we can all evaluate the final product.

On the phone today I mentioned to Matt how helpful this forum was in helping me build up the courage to schedule the procedure. It's a great service, and a community I look forward to continuing to be a part of. You guys have a good thing going here.

Bspot, rest assured that I will have plenty of questions as the big day gets closer. Thanks for the offer!

Current Regimen:

Nizoral 1% (3x weekly)

MSM (3,000mg daily)

Viviscal (2x daily)

Daily Multivitamin

Congrats on your decision, Bball! I'd wish you luck but with where you're headed you won't need it. Be sure to try and document your procedure with good quality before and after pics. You'll be glad you did and help others in the process.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

BBall - Congratulations on your choice. You won't be disappointed. I just finished my procedure there this past week (photos and writeup to come later this week) and the experience truly exceeded my expectations. Dr. Ron Shapiro is a true caring professional who really takes the time prior to, during and after surgery to discuss and answer all questions you might have. Further - Matt is extremely knowledgeable and helpful ... as is the entire staff.

Keep us posted!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Thanks, everyone! Hairbank, I will make sure to keep detailed records, and get some good before and after pics, from consistent angles, and with good lighting.

M&M, congrats on the procedure. I'll be looking forward to hearing more about it.

Current Regimen:

Nizoral 1% (3x weekly)

MSM (3,000mg daily)

Viviscal (2x daily)

Daily Multivitamin