Did a little research and believe I found out why Dr. Limmer will do a 2 day session for 3000 grafts instead of one sitting. Found where Beatlehair had a procedure done in November 2003 by Dr. Limmer and he mentions how Christina patiently planted the grafts for two days. Beatlehair goes on to say that Dr. Limmer wins hand down over another clinic he had visited before, good enough for me. Also found where Dr. Limmer talks about how the grafts the survival rate stays good for 8 hours by placing them in chilled saline so that explains why he only does up to 1500 grafts since that will take those 8 hours to plant. Regardless, I'm looking forward to next week's surgery and will let you all know how it turns out when I get back home. I live about 3 1/2-4 hours from San Antonio driving down Interstate 10. Thanks for all the imput. John

Did a little research and believe I found out why Dr. Limmer will do a 2 day session for 3000 grafts instead of one sitting. Found where Beatlehair had a procedure done in November 2003 by Dr. Limmer and he mentions how Christina patiently planted the grafts for two days. Beatlehair goes on to say that Dr. Limmer wins hand down over another clinic he had visited before, good enough for me. Also found where Dr. Limmer talks about how the grafts the survival rate stays good for 8 hours by placing them in chilled saline so that explains why he only does up to 1500 grafts since that will take those 8 hours to plant. Regardless, I'm looking forward to next week's surgery and will let you all know how it turns out when I get back home. I live about 3 1/2-4 hours from San Antonio driving down Interstate 10. Thanks for all the imput. John

That actually does not make sense. Doctors take out small strips at a time and the grafts can be implanted shortly after they are carefully trimmed. Doctors (at least the good ones) do not take out one large strip and then let the grafts sit around for over 8 hours.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I guess if the doc wants to be home in time for dinner.

Why are most docs doing 3000 in 1 session?

I wouldn't like the idea of MY grafts sitting around for 8 hours in chilled saline.

I did say in another post that docs have different styles, and thats ok if they are consitently turning out excellent work.

Thats all...

Seems like everything I post you guys find something negative with it. Tell you what, you go to your doctor and I'll go to the one I want to. My mistake for ever posting. I won't make that mistake again. I believe the Limmer clinic is an excellent one and I'm sure they think about their patients first and not dinner. I'm outta here.

Slowly, We are being objective here.

We simply do not understand why 3,000 grafts would take two sessions.

It's not the norm so we question it.

I have seen some good results from Dr. Limmer & if you are comfortable with a two day session then go ahead & do it.

Keepposting though, we are not against you or Limmer, & sometimes the points we make are a little rough but we do mean well.

Hey, if you want a bunch of yes-folks to rubberstamp everything you say then you're definitely right to be upset. Without disagreement there can be no discussion and there can be no learning. If Copernicus did not find something wrong with the model of the universe around at the time he was alive we'd never have heard of heliocentrism.

By the way, in the spirit of lively discussion, I had 3,300 grafts placed in one day by Dr. Feller 5 months ago and it's turning out great. The reason Dr. Limmer told you that 1,500 grafts take 8 hours to place is right there: Christina patiently placed them for 2 days. Dr. Feller had 6 techs working on my noggin in shifts and that's why they did it sooner.

Now that I'm on the topic, I would not choose to have a single tech place my grafts for 8 hours. Can fatigue dull the skills in the final 2-3 hours of placing? Can boredom set in and impact how careful he/she is? I don't know. I wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

Slowly,

Why are you taking this so personally? Nobody is attacking you.

People here are playing devil's advocate and are a little cautious especially because this is not the norm.

I agree with Gorpy...

It doesn't make any sense to let the grafts chill on ice for over 8 hours, when a 3000 graft session can be done much more quickly and efficiently than that in ONE session with the proper staff.

Perhaps there was some miscommunication here...I'd like to hear from the Limmer clinic directly on their approach so there is no heresay.

Bill

Slowly,

I personally would not want 1 tech having to place all of my grafts. I don't care how good the tech is, I would think the tech would get tired after a while.

That being said, good luck with your procedure & I hope it turns out well for you.